Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 38 1 2 34 35 36 37 38
P
OP Offline
P
Another pleasant weekend down the history books.

Played “petrol heads” all weekend. Watched the Top Gear marathon on BBC while surfing the web researching all kinds of cars for W to pick out for her next vehicle.

Took a ride over to the dealer’s parking lot to window shop and stumbled on antique car show on our way.

W is all excited to get a new toy.

Last night after finishing dinner at a new restaurant I picked out, we moved to the bar to have a night cap. There was a lonely older woman sitting there seemingly upset and started a conversation with us. For some reason she felt that she needed to tell us about her personal issues. She whipped out her phone and started showing us pictures of her boyfriend and tell her story.

The lady apparently has relationship issues and was seeking validation of her feelings. Her boyfriend is losing interest and pulling away.

After listening for awhile I finally said to her “I will give you my opinion, if you’d like but it may sound counterintuitive.” The lady was welcoming it. Before I opened my mouth again my W cut me off and said “What he is going to tell you is that you need to back off from your boyfriend and let him go. You need to stop pursuing and doing all the things you just told us. It is not working and it never will. Let him go and you’ll see if things turn around. Nothing else will work for you.”

My jaw must have been laying on the floor. My W looked at me kicked my leg with her foot and winked. I smiled and told the lady “She is right, listen to her and then go home and do it”.

I offered nothing more, because my W took over the conversation for the next 20 minutes before it was time for us to leave.

I just kept thinking what her possible user name on these forums might be. She could be lurking here. wink

I actually don’t believe that but the words she used were from the “script”.

Enjoy the Silence
G
G
Quote:
I just kept thinking what her possible user name on these forums might be. She could be lurking here.

Before I read this I was thinking the same thing.

Bomb 8/09. Brief piecing 12/10. D-2/12
Two incredible kids D9,S6 Leading new life!
“Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."
C
C
Quote:
After listening for awhile I finally said to her “I will give you my opinion, if you’d like but it may sound counterintuitive.” The lady was welcoming it. Before I opened my mouth again my W cut me off and said “What he is going to tell you is that you need to back off from your boyfriend and let him go. You need to stop pursuing and doing all the things you just told us. It is not working and it never will. Let him go and you’ll see if things turn around. Nothing else will work for you.”
My jaw must have been laying on the floor. My W looked at me kicked my leg with her foot and winked.

Hi Mrs Pookie. cool

I hope you see how much he values, cherishes, appreciates and loves you. More importantly the value he sees in himself.

Cheers

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
P
P
Huh...

S
S
he calls me Boo-Boo and i call him Pookie... wink

P
OP Offline
P
For all I know it could be a new Greek in the making here. grin

Enjoy the Silence
P
OP Offline
P
Quote:
I hope you see how much he values, cherishes, appreciates and loves you. More importantly the value he sees in himself.

I changed the battery in my sarcasm meter and ran your post through it again.

I think your gun misfired this time. I have absolutely mo reason to believe that her kick/wink was anything other than her way of telling me that she has noticed my efforts of validating her and she is greatful for it.

This was not sarcastic punch but a sincere message to me that what I've been doing works.

You preach that WAW needs to find her feelings again.

I've been pretty cool, funny and attractive and I see how she wants to spend a lot of quality time with me. I am not dillusional.

I see daily progress. I am not jumping up and down because I'm patient and we are not yet where we need to be.

Thanks to you and others here I'm on the right tracks.

Prosit. smile

Enjoy the Silence
G
G
Quote:
You preach that WAW needs to find her feelings again.

I've been pretty cool, funny and attractive and I see how she wants to spend a lot of quality time with me. I am not dillusional.

I see daily progress. I am not jumping up and down because I'm patient and we are not yet where we need to be.

Thanks to you and others here I'm on the right tracks.

W W O RRRRR DDDD !
W W W O O R R D D !
W W W O O RRRRR D D !
W W W O O R R D D
WWW WWW O R R DDDDD !

smile

I made a nice thing and it posted crappy

Last edited by gr8 day 2B alive; 09/27/10 09:49 PM.

Bomb 8/09. Brief piecing 12/10. D-2/12
Two incredible kids D9,S6 Leading new life!
“Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."
P
OP Offline
P
Huh?

confused

I'm on the phone so I can't see the "big picture".

Enjoy the Silence
P
OP Offline
P
Quote:
I made a nice thing and it posted crappy

I hate when that happens. cool

Enjoy the Silence
Page 36 of 38 1 2 34 35 36 37 38

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard