Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
V
OP Offline
V
I think one of the guys that plays guitar in our band mentioned Dream Theater. I will have to listen to them!

So, I mentioned to the main instigator of the band that I was thinking of getting a bass and trying to learn to play it. He says, "I have one you can borrow for a while." So, that's a deal! And if I decide to keep playing, I may well be able to buy it from him!

I quickly realized that the fingers on my left hand will need to get stronger, and more sturdy! But I am pretty excited by it.

Oh, the kids and I went to the local pizza/Italian place tonight, and the waitress called me by name! That got a bit of a look from the kids! Too bad she's a youngster! smile

S
S
I've been thinking to get a clarinet (I played in 4-9th grade) as my flute is too difficult for me to get the high notes.

Jeff Beck live at Ronnie Scotts is a DVD you might want to check out. The bass player is a young lady named Tal Wilkenfeld who has not played that long and seems quite good. Here is a song where she has a very nice solo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC02wGj5gPw

BTW... Jeff Beck is the master with the strat and there are songs in that video where the drummer is amazing.

I believe that John Myung, the bass player of Dream Theater, has quite a bit of instructional material you could order...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVJ2zbGmMAI

S
S
That link to John Myung doing taping was the first time I have ever heard his voice. He is the king of introverted musicians! And I dont know why the sound engineer for Dream Theater does not increase the volume for the bass. John M's fingers look like a bunch of crazy spiders when he plays the bass.

D
D
Hey Handsome,

How are you doing? My S is going to start the electric bass next week, not sure where he gets musical talent, not from his parents (his music teacher said he was doing so well with the tuba he could learn the bass--explain that connection to me??)

Are you back to 100% yet?

PSU had a wimpy showing today.

Dagny

Me 48, H49, M24, S14, S11
DB #1 4/2002-8/2003
Bomb #2 August 2010 & he moved out
Living with OW
V
OP Offline
V
((((((Dagny))))))

I am doing a lot better, not quite 100%, though if I hadn't been sick I might not really notice. Thanks for asking!

I can't explain a connection between bass and tuba! Though it might have been a case of motivation... the bass player probably attracts more girls than the tuba player! The ability to read music would certainly translate, though.

I guess a win is a win, but the score of the PSU game doesn't look real impressive! Arizona and Cal are still feeling each other out, not sure what is going to happen here!

S
S
A whole quater and still knotted up at 0-0. Cal is on a pace to have 36 yards rushing in the whole game.

V
OP Offline
V
The refs have been rather liberal with the flags thus far... usually I don't complain, but I am a little dubious about some of the calls. But, it seems to me that a lot of times when the calls are against you in the first half, they turn around in the second. Perhaps.

V
OP Offline
V
What a horrid game, whoever you are cheering for. It looks like both teams forgot there was a game today. Or the field is covered in quicksand. And yellow flags.

S
S
That Bear / Cat game is exciting for people that like soccer considering there have been no touchdowns and there is only 7 minutes left to play..

I dont like what is happening in the whole state of Arizona right now! The Ducks should be dominating and are only up by 4.

V
OP Offline
V
Well, Cats have 2:30 to win it.

Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard