Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
A
A
Hey puppy,

I use a corona "Old Boy" Pipe lighter. I don't use the torch lighters because the flame is too hot. It scorches the leaves at the tip and you draw a lot of really hot smoke at the beginning. That's my opinion based on wive's tails and wichdoctory. Really, It's what I was told by the old timers way back when when I started smoking cigars and I just stuck with it.

I've had my Old Boy for 16 years and I love it. It's distictive and a classic design. Plus, it's hard to use for the uninitiated. The flame is angled to the side and the wheel rotates counter clockwise, which is opposit all the other makes. I think it's originally an old Brit design, so that makes sense. I love to hand it to someone who asks for a light and watch em try to figure it out, just to step in and light them up. It has the cache and weight of a zippo but more refined.

BTW, I was also told never to use a zippo or any other liquid fuel lighter because the fumes ruin the flavor of the cigar. I never have, but it makes sense.

Sorry. That wasn't much help. But it was fun talking about.

ADAPT. OVERCOME. IMPROVISE.
-Tom Highway

Me: 43
W: 40
S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
A
A
Pup, Dan-o, Mil, and all the rest of my fellow virtual cigar buddies,

I'm outside on the porch enjoying a fine CAO LaTraviatta. I'm really glad I bought that box. These are becomming one of my favs.

It's a beautiful clear night. The temp is right around 70. And the moon is bright. I have a cold Smithwick's half down and all is right with the world.

Oddly enough, I've noticed the crickets. They're loud tonight. Soon they'll be gone and the leaves will be changing. In a few weeks, I'll need a sweatshirt at this hour and soon after that, this type of moment will be months in the future. I'm living in this moment; glad for the chance to feel it, to hear the crickets, to feel the gental breeze and smell the fresh cut grass being carried aloft by it. Moments like these reaffirm the spirit and are precious to me.

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.

ADAPT. OVERCOME. IMPROVISE.
-Tom Highway

Me: 43
W: 40
S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
D
D
Sounds nice AG. I like those kinds of experiences too. At my house, not my rental, you can sit and listen to thousands of frogs chirping. It is beautiful music also. In Munich now for Oktoberfest!! Going to bed early tonight so I can live it up tomorrow. Skipped the sandwich in Amsterdam. Didn't feel right, but I will probably regret it later.

The Cuban Cohiba was excellent and I also got a box of 10 cigars about the size of a long finger in amsterdam. The language is foreign, so I don't know what they are, but they are good too. Maybe I should try to get a few cubans back home with me.

P
OP Offline
P
Just got this e-mail from CI. This is a PHENOMENAL deal ($2.99 ea.!!), on an outstanding assortment of some of Rocky Patel's best cigars:

Best of Rocky

Puppy

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: A_goodman

Sorry. That wasn't much help. But it was fun talking about.

LOL!!! laugh

Thanks, AG -- that makes good sense. Maybe I'll just stick to my matches.

Puppy

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: A_goodman
Pup, Dan-o, Mil, and all the rest of my fellow virtual cigar buddies,

I'm outside on the porch enjoying a fine CAO LaTraviatta. I'm really glad I bought that box. These are becomming one of my favs.

It's a beautiful clear night. The temp is right around 70. And the moon is bright. I have a cold Smithwick's half down and all is right with the world.

Oddly enough, I've noticed the crickets. They're loud tonight. Soon they'll be gone and the leaves will be changing. In a few weeks, I'll need a sweatshirt at this hour and soon after that, this type of moment will be months in the future. I'm living in this moment; glad for the chance to feel it, to hear the crickets, to feel the gental breeze and smell the fresh cut grass being carried aloft by it. Moments like these reaffirm the spirit and are precious to me.

whistle whistle whistle whistle

I too love a good "Smiddix." You write REALLY well, btw. You should blog or something.

Puppy

G
G
cough - cough!
Greek

Me45 H46
T25 M22
S21 & 19
D13
Separated and filed 8/08
Moved home 11/08

Happily ever after is one day at a time.
P
OP Offline
P

WOMAN ON THE FLOOR! WOMAN ON THE FLOOR!!! AAAIIIIEEEeeee!!!! eek laugh

G
G
Ha!

That's what I get for stepping into a cigar bar. My bad!

Greek

Me45 H46
T25 M22
S21 & 19
D13
Separated and filed 8/08
Moved home 11/08

Happily ever after is one day at a time.
D
D
Quote:

AG - thanks for reminding me of the simple things in life. i've been really b*tchy lately .. dissing the gratitude lists and saw only the negative things in life. i need to start looking at the simple things.

Quote:

you're a good man .. goodman smile

Me <- my new sig.

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard