Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31
C
C
Quote:
Does this seem to fit? When you weren't geting the attention you wanted from your husband, you became desperate and sought attention online. You are not getting the attention you want from your husband now and in desperation you are crying in church in front of him and your friends.

You are doing "More of the Same." You are acting out in desperation. You are not learning and growing from your experience.

this is a excellent point. Try to put yourself in your H shoes. He's probably thinking if those people knew what went on would they be fawning all over her? It's kind of another slap in his face - disrespect. You have every right to go to and attend church when and where you want but you have to develop your sense of compassion and empathy in a healthy way.

What would be a good 180 here?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
D
D
SoAsh...in my first marriage, I was a wayward wife, with a somewhat similar sitch to yours (as in, how could I have cheated like that? What was I thinking?) Remorse, regret, etc.

My sitch was a bit different in that my ex-h didn't just find out everything all at once and leave like yours. But there are enough similarities that I would like to offer you my perspective.

Here is the thing: no matter how you keep searching for some "reason" outside of yourself for why you did this, you are not going to find one. Therefore, you cannot really offer your husband any "reason" for what you did. And further...that means all you can give him for a "reason" is the truth: "I did it because I wanted to and I felt entitled."

Now that you've been caught, you want to back-peddle and take it all back...but that is pointless. That will not help you ever figure out why you felt entitled, and why you would hurt the person you were supposed to love and protect.

After my first marriage ended, I did all I could to understand affairs and why they happen, and what I found out was this: If you were the cheater, the problem was ALWAYS within YOU.

So...now that your husband has discovered the truth of what you have done, he has also seen the ugly truth of what you will "do".

You cannot change this truth. You cannot apologize, what is the point? You cannot find some other reason for it. The reason lies within you, and you must face that you did this horrible thing, and further face that your husband has every right to withdraw his love from you now.

Once you accept that, and focus inward, there may be a chance to rebuild things with your husband. But being focused on YOUR pain and how much you miss him and want him back, it NOT going to help you. You need to focus instead on this: What is it within ME that made me behave in a cruel way to the man who loved me?

Find the answer to this. None of us know the answer, as it is different for all cheaters. But here is a hint: it is not because you didn't get enough sex from your husband, and it is not because of your childhood. These were adult decisions you made, and now you must use adult reasoning to find out "who" you really are.

I feel for you. I was in your shoes at one time. We are divorced now, and my ex-h hates me. I can't take back what I did.

But...I did find out who I am, and worked to change it, so that I could be proud of myself in the future.

P
P
Ok. Now I'm confused too. Are we trying to help SOA or her husband??

I agree he has done everything perfectly and is obviously getting the desired results.

Now back to who were trying to help. As the LBS, from my experience, what SOA is supposed to do is ACCEPT her H's request for space and use this time to work on her own GAL/PMA. Which translates to working out, updating wardrobe, creating mystery, and becoming more ATTRACTIVE to HERSELF and possibly H.

Have I missed something??? Once again I thought we were helping SOA??

D
D
The best way to help SoAsh (IMO) is to help her understand the "whys" behind her cheating.

P
P
True. Sounds like a great topic for IC.

P
P
SOA - Did u have a good weekend?

S
OP Offline
S
Weekend was not good. Since husband put a tracking device on my computer I don't feel comfortable accessing this site from my home computer. Talked to husband Sunday morning. He says he will NEVER be with me EVER again. I meet with my divorce lawyer today. in less than an hour. My gut tells me to contest the divorce. Probably the wrong answer, but I don't know.

S
OP Offline
S
Could use some words of wisdom.

S
S
Only you know how best to respond to the D. If you aren't agreement with his petition, then you don't have to agree, SOA.
Your H sounds really angry and well, there's nothing you can do about how he feels.
If he gets agitated on the phone with you, remain calm and NO R talks.
Did he serve you with papers? I can't remember.

S
OP Offline
S
Yes, he served me. I want to fight for him and our marriage. DB says I should let him go, more or less. I'm running out of time. frown

Page 5 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard