Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24
K
K
I am with sandycay 1000000%. And about the last comment too. My alarm went off when I read it as well but I didnt want to sound super sensitive.

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I totally hear you guys. I would not meet with cattle guy unless it was dinner with him AND his wife. However, after last weekend's drama, I doubt I will meet and catch up. I mean, I shouldn't have to give that up for Dan but right now it isn't worth the stress level.

Well I was home today for my own upset stomach. Then my school called at ten to say Nathan was running a fever w/sore throat. He told me this morning that he had a sore throat and I looked, it was not red, so I sent him. Crap! Doc says bacterial sinus infection...sore throat is just from drainage. So much for napping the day away! Instead it was doctor appointments (him and me) and pharmacy trips.

My appt was a good one. Not related to my stomach issues! I finally went to a dermatologist for my newly developing adult acne. Grr! No fair I am approaching wrinkle time and still battling acne. He set me up with three different meds--one oral, two topical. He said it is common for women in their 30s to develop acne as our hormones are changing. I don't care what the reason, just glad to be getting rid of it! It affects my confidence...only drawback is no tanning bc it makes me sensitive to sunlight, real or pretend. wink

Minimal contact with Dan this week (school pics/Nathan sick about all we have had to communicate about) which is good for the stress levels...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
BBJ,

For what it's worth, my esthetician and acupuncturists both told me to eliminate or avoid cow dairy to reduce my acne, and it worked like a charm. Now if I overindulge on cheese, I break out. I'm just fine if I avoid it. Goat or sheep's milk cheese doesn't bother my skin at all. It's something about the amount of lactose and how it gunks the works up.

SD

Me: 40
H: 43
H had EA from 2/06-9/06
Bomb 5/06
Piecing since 9/2006
3/2008: Boundary setting
7/2009: Boundary crossing~dropped my own bomb.
8/2010: Marriage finally on track!
V
V
((((((((BobbiJo))))))))

Uhhh.... you are NOT getting close to wrinkle time!

Because I said so!

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Well I did just turn the big 3-5. Heck I swear some of the girls in those anti-aging product commercials look like they are still in their twenties!! Guess they want us to start buying products early, don't they!?

I will keep the milk thing in mind, SD. I am not a big milk drinker but I do eat my fair share of cheese...I need to drink a lot more water, too. That should help. And he told me to ditch all the anti-acne face wash and lotions I have bought and just use Dove soap on my face.

It was awesome cause I went for acne but then I showed him a spot on my finger I thought may be a wart. He said, "Yep, it is." And he froze it on the spot. Took about 5 seconds. Can't beat that! It was like a buffet of problem-solving in one visit! wink

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

V
V
BobbiJo..... 3-5 is, well, young! And someday, you might actually look that old!

C
C
I had acne up until I was 30. There was this village president I had to cover for the newspaper and he was an *ss. He'd call and ream me out, then not return phone calls, then have his cronies harass me.

He got beat in the 2002 election and .... my acne suddenly went away.

All stress related.

It came back last year after the breakup, but it went away at end of last summer. Yeah.

My thing is the gray hair is coming in on the sides. I've read that should make me look distinguished. I see it as looking old.

Me: 47, Ds 17-13, D final 6-11
http://tinyurl.com/yk4e2tz
http://tiny.cc/thread2
http://tinyurl.com/ydtphqu
http://tinyurl.com/thread4
http://tinyurl.com/3sm78k6
http://tinyurl.com/thread6
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Yeah, I am sure the stress does not help things much! wink

Well since Nathan came home sick, Dan had to come here and get him instead of going to daycare. But it was a brief, polite exchange. That is pretty much my plan from now on...

Now, a free evening...season premiere of Modern Family....yay me!

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Ugh. Nathan still sick. I told Dan to let me know and I would stay home. Well his mom called at 7 (Dan left at 6:30 for a flight to Montreal) and said he was too sick to go to school.

I called the sub finder and she told me, there are no subs. What??? So I have to go in for the morning half when I teach preschool, then I can go relieve MIL. Crap!

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

J
J
I'll keep an eye out for him......maybe i'll head out to the airport with a big sign!

Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard