Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
OP Offline
S
Hey Karen - Thanks! I was going to email "the girls" but time just got away from me. Will have to do that later along with some pics. It really is gorgeous and my fav colour!

Yes, Chuck is "odd" for sure but this is not new. I've seen so much and the kids mention more and more how he is losing it. I never know wheat they're going to come up with next.

Tough for Brandon & Ashley - they've been through a lot already but I think they'll figure out between them what to do. I'm staying out of it - smile and nod!

Yes, it is legal for me to move. I have sole custody and guardianship. He will likely come to see him every other month or so but I don't think I'll have him come to the house. Just meet the nurse in town (saves him half hour drive) and that way I don't have to let him know where I live. Trust me - that's better for my security.

Barb

K
K
Great idea Barb, no need for him to know anyway

Your right your kiddles are smart, they will figure out what to do, I really wish Ry had a sibling to bounce things off like that, but he does have good friends and aunts hes close to

Yessss pics please, and... your house is pink?? cool! ;-)

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
OP Offline
S
No Karen - not pink - that's my 2nd fav colour. It is teal - my 1st fav colour. (well actually turquoise is) but this is teal and blue and really pretty.

Barb

R
R
Congratulations, Barb!!

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Donna,

I'm heading back up north today and will be back at the house for measurements etc on Saturday. It is a bit daunting, thinking of all I have to do in the next few months. Scary! Also thrilling.

Barb

W
W
Enjoy the adventure, Barb! It's a great new chapter in your life.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
H
H
I got your email today Barb and it's so exciting for you and Josh. I'm happy for you and logged on to tell you that.

As far as the kids go, I know they know too much about how our marriages ended. They love us but they know what happened. I see your points here. I KNOW you've tried your best to be fair to them. And by the way, you can call her whatever you wish HERE. I know you don't call her that to them. I don't have to deal with the thing that helped my X destroy my marriage and many of us here also do not. You do. I remember her letter to the editor when she married him. So do your adult children. That's why THEY remain angry. Those things have nothing to do with you.

I find it a bit offensive that he's saying these things, but narcissitic people do just that. Although I think you already have, just let them know that it's ok with you if they have a relationship with him even if it means bearing the presence of his wife. Let them know that you're good if they see his wife. Be the better person. You cannot lose. Everyone can win. Especially the kids. They get so torn. Sometimes I think that the older the kids are at time of D. the worse it is for them. I think your kids know the damage he did. If they knew that you had let it go, they can make their own decisions. Kids know.

S
OP Offline
S
I appreciate your input HT. I hear the anger & hurt in Brandon's voice and just when I thought I had put most of it behind me - it up and bites me in the butt again. Because it always hurts us more when our kids are hurting.

I really wonder what is up with him with his talk of wills and dying and that SHE would be the one who would call the kids. Heck - Ash has talked to her on the phone - asking for her dad. Because SHE answers the phone every single time. So Ash has no choice.

Thank God my kids have each other to talk to about it. Because I really don't feel this is something I want to advise them on. It's between them and him.

Barb

K
K
Quote:
but narcissitic people do just that

Thats it! didnt think of that... good call Happy!

thanks for the house pics Barb, beeeauuutiful! cant wait to visit! lol So excited for you! You've come a long way baby!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Karen,

I can't wait to visit either - LOL! I went straight to the house after I drove up north on Wed. So peaceful there. So beautiful. I was peeking through the windows. Seriously, when I had viewed the home (twice) I really did not think we were going to buy it (more than we had planned) and were just doing comparison shopping. Now I'm trying to see what I own - LOL Tommorrow we meet with the realtor and a home inspector there. We have not waived our 7 day conditions on financing or home inspection yet so there is still a chance... but not likely. I expect to hear final word from the bank today and the home is nearly new so not likely there will be any surprises there either. But one never knows. My realtor had wanted us to offer with no conditions (we were in a tough competitive situation) but we declined. Never want to have any nasty surprises.

So we are busy trying to name our new home. Our realtor is giving us a sign for our house warming and it will be done by a local artist friend of hers. We can have whatever we like. Funny thing is - I've been trying to think of a cottage name for 13 years for my current place and never came up with one. But I'm determined not to let that happen this time.

So - "Muskoka Pines", "Sunset Reflections"(it is on Mirror Lake), "Seventh Heaven"(Josh and my 7th year and the address is 7), "Great Catch", "Serendipity" Hmmmm.... I'm looking for ideas...

Barb

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard