Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 59 of 67 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 66 67
R
R
Originally Posted By: TimeHeals

I don't think you should even want to be married to somebody who is bent on divorcing you smile

Exactly, if they really want out that bad, point to the exit, show them the door and do it with a smile.

R
R
Originally Posted By: dsh4320
Still waitin to here from my L, I will get him retained and ask him to contact W's L.

Robx, in TX a parent technically can keep the kids from the other parent without any criminal violation. I have dealt with many custody issues, and the "cops" wont get involved unless a judge orders them to. I could show up to S school to pick him up at the same time as W, but I dont want any drama at his school, in front of him or anything like that. I did like your post, but I dont want to send her another email, I will do as she wished, and let the L's deal with it. i still dont think she is delaying the D, I believe it was delayed because of the case log. In any case, I am still somewhat fumed right now, and will only contact her by phone going forward and only when it is kid related before bed will be the phone call she will get and I will only talk to the kids.

In a way, i look at the brighter side, her email this morning, gave me more of a reason to further detaching and also re enforced what i dont like about her.

I feel the whole friend thing, whether they want to be with you or not, is to keep a piece of you in their back pocket, to pull out that piece of you when they need it.

Lets see how this goes for her going forward, "be careful what you wish for, you might just get it" keeps going through my head right now for some reason smile

That's interesting,
here in Canada,
you can call the police and they will come with you to see your children if they are being kept from you by a spouse that has no formal custody agreement.

With no formal agreement in place,
she can't keep you from your kids and vice versa,
don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and your rights in this regard, anything less may be interpreted as acceptance of the current situation.

T
T
Quote:
don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and your rights in this regard, anything less may be interpreted as acceptance of the current situation.

I looked up TX law on custody issues out of curiosity, and a mediator is likely to take precedence into consideration. You should get busy with that attorney. You need more time with your kids if it is important to you.

Last edited by TimeHeals; 09/14/10 01:56 AM.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
D
dsh4320 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Robx and TH,

Trust me, I do not want this woman in my life right now. It is very different here, here its called a "civil standby" it depends on different departments policies by jurisdiction, but most departments will not interfere with the parents unless there is just cause, or probable cause that the kids are in danger. Or again, unless a judge orders a peace officer to take in their possession a child and deliver that child to the other parent or guardian.

I called W's phone around 7:50 which is usually right before the kids go to bed. W picked up and handed the phone to S. The first thing he said is he wants to come to my place. I told him your Mother and I still need to discuss that but i will see him soon. I could hear W in the background, and she just sounds pissed all the time now, the anger in her tone is, well her problem. But i do worry about my kids being around that negativity. I can only imagine what is being said to my kids about me. One of her comments in her emails last night was I was never there for them before and I am not now. Of course this is totally untrue and she is justifying her "story" with that remark. I am a good father and provider my kids are still my focus, so the next steps are get my attorney to contact hers and get a little aggressive. It is out of my hands, and she will bring this on like donkey kong.

I was trying to be cordial and nice. I helped her move, I fixed things at her house, I feel I have done things that a bitter person who's W filed for D would not have done. So other than not leading, which is very obvious I let her do the driving, what else have I done wrong lately? I have shown confidence in myself, I am chipper I was very upbeat with the kids tonight on the phone which I am sure I was on speaker. I am beyond Dbing for the M anymore, but I will continue to do it for myself and my kids.

J
J
Originally Posted By: dsh4320
I was trying to be cordial and nice. I helped her move, I fixed things at her house, I feel I have done things that a bitter person who's W filed for D would not have done. So other than not leading, which is very obvious I let her do the driving, what else have I done wrong lately? I have shown confidence in myself, I am chipper I was very upbeat with the kids tonight on the phone which I am sure I was on speaker. I am beyond Dbing for the M anymore, but I will continue to do it for myself and my kids.

I think you've answered your own question.

When something isn't working, try something different.

Listen to yourself. Is what you've been doing working?

----"Et tu, Brute?"----
me:28 W:24 S4
T:6
M:4
EA Exposed: 5/21/10
Bomb: 6/20/10 (Father's Day)
NC w/ OM: 7/10/10
W moved out 8/21/10
http://bit.ly/aOrZne - My sitch
D
dsh4320 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
John I was just posting on your thread. I think at this point, I just need to do what works for ME. Which is to go darker than asphault. I am turning the custody over to the L so that will be handled by a third party since the W, who said she new that I would fight her on custody, could have just worked with me. But now she is being her "woman hear me roar" and being a b!tch. She knows that the kids need to see me, and she is just being difficult. So I will do what I need to do for me, and for my kids.

D
dsh4320 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
TH,

Even her petition requested mediation prior to any trial. That is why I think its ridiculous the email she sent earlier about waiting until the hearing in a month, Does she think I am just going to not see my kids until then?

My attorney will call her's tomorrow and discuss the pending case. Any judge or mediator will look at her actions and email as vindictive. I am not abusive, I am not a felon or a scumbag. My kids are young but they can tell anyone how much they want to spend time with me. That is what I am worried about, the W is so focused on "winning" she has totally lost all compassion for our kids. is that the narcisism kicking in ? I think so

She is selfish, stubborn, bull headed and has a father who is an enabler. What else could a husband ask for in a wife? I just made myself laugh a bit, but seriously I hurt hearing the hurt in my S. My D is 3 and if she has a capri sun cooler and goldfish crackers to munch on she is on top of the world, so I dont think this has the impact on her like it does S. He is getting in trouble in kindergarten, after 3 weeks. This is an issue. I see it, but as many WA's say kids are resiliant, BS they know more than they get credit for.

T
T
Quote:
I think its ridiculous the email she sent earlier about waiting until the hearing in a month, Does she think I am just going to not see my kids until then?

Yeah, there is some reason for that delay. I'm not trying to make you paranoid, DSH, but it still looks like you are playing defense, and you need to get out ahead of this because I can see that spending time with your kids is important to you.

Take care of the child custody stuff, and then you can afford to relax a bit more.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
D
dsh4320 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Your right TH, I have been on the defense, I am going to get started on the L today and the custody, my kids are very important to me, they need to spend time with me, this is not healthy for them to be kept from me.

D
dsh4320 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Been working all day at the Sheriffs office. Went up in a helicopter and found a field where 93 pot plants were growing.So we landed called in the cavalry and yanked that sh!t out of the ground, looked for cheech and chong mearby, but no luck.

Not much to report, W sent an email this morning requesting some health insurance info, I sent it to her and that was it. I called her tonight to talk to the kids. Told S that daddy rode in a helicopter, and he was so excited. The last 2 days she does not get on the phone, she did have me on speaker but I didnt let it bother me I was upbeat and happy with the kids. L should contact her L tomorrow.

Had a good C session tonight, C thinks W could be bi polar with the way she swings back and forth with her anger and being nice. Who knows but she wont fix it, and I obviously cant. How is everyone else tonight? gonna watch sons of anarcy, great show its like sopranos meets hells angels!

Page 59 of 67 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 66 67

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard