Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
D
D
We also got some box pressed 5 Vegas. Those are good too!! Had one last night.

J
J
Originally Posted By: A_goodman
James,

I never tried that one, but at that price I could choke em down even if they were a c-.

Dan-O,

Glad your stogies came in. guess I had better start paying more attention during the wknds. I'm going to the store this Friday. You and Pup sold me. I'm going to try the sun grown torpedo. I'll look for a la perla black and try that too Jimmy.

sun grown torpedo you say? *googles* lol

waw 36 (spiritual covenant and common law marriage)me 32
together 13 mos. Bomb dropped march 2nd 2010

children SD (8) S (10) S (3)
need help from anyone with my sitch

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: DanF
We also got some box pressed 5 Vegas. Those are good too!! Had one last night.

Which ones? Gold? The Red "Classic"? other?

5 Vegas is a great, price-performing cigar. I like the Gold for a mild smoke, at a cheaper price than the Rocky Patel Connecticut (which I enjoyed last nite!), and really like the "Classic" red and the "Series A" for a medium, fuller smoke. CI runs good specials on these all the time, as they push a TON of 5 Vegas product out their doors. The only one I don't care for is the "Miami," and unfortunately CI seems to want to bundle that one with just about every one of their 5 Vegas sampler bundles.

Puppy

D
D
5 Vegas classic 55 box pressed. Very tasty. I think a little more medium bodied, right?

Never had a Gold or Miami. My old neighbor likes the 5 Vegas and turned me on to them. Got a box of 20 plus a 3 pack sampler for $66. Decent price, but not GREAT!! I like to find the deals where I can get them for less than $3 per stick.

The Rocky Sun-Grown Torpedo might be a bit pricey at the cigar shop. They were running a CI special for $88 for a box of 20. I see the price per box is now $127.

Are you guys on the daily mailer(s). Lots of times that is how I find the best deals.

P
OP Offline
P
Yes, Dan, the red "Classic" is medium-to-full, and 92- rated, I believe.

I get the e-mail specials from CI, cigars.com, and Corona Cigar. If you guys have any others you recommend, I'm all ears! I too try to spend < $3 per.

Puppy

D
D
I also get an e-mail from Thompson cigars. Somebody told me JR's, but I never found it.

A
A
I've been to the JR's store in Carolina. Neversaw more cigars in one place in my life. The floor is the size of a basketball court and full of tables and boxes. It was incredible. The whole store was a giant humidor. I got a box of some nice JR brand in camaroon. Can't remember the name though. I think it was JR select. Probably have a band or two. I'll try to find them.

I guess I need to get on the CI mailing list. I get Thompson. They have good deals too.

ADAPT. OVERCOME. IMPROVISE.
-Tom Highway

Me: 43
W: 40
S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
P
OP Offline
P
Gentlemen (and you too, MIL!),

Enjoying a fantastic Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Connecticut tonite -- far and away THE BEST mild smoke I've ever tasted. Even better than my RP Connecticuts I've been sampling recently, and far better than the 5 Vegas Gold.

Mmmmmm!!!!

Just a hint of lesser humidity/cooler temps in the North Florida air tonite, and I'm enjoying a really comfortable chair that we bought as part of a table/fire pit and 4 chairs combo set on Facebook this week. About 3000% more comfortable than the POS I'd been sitting on to have my smokes before!!

The wine is Jacobs Creek Reserve Shiraz. cool

Puppy

D
D
Quote:
I'm enjoying a really comfortable chair that we bought as part of a table/fire pit and 4 chairs combo set on Facebook this week. About 3000% more comfortable than the POS I'd been sitting on to have my smokes before!!

The wine is Jacobs Creek Reserve Shiraz.

yeah well .. my couch is 4000% more comfortable ... than .. oh i'm SO jealous!

thanks for the acknowledgment though. i prefer my shiraz with a medium rare steak. <drool>

the MIL <-- i have the best name.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: DumpedforMIL
i prefer my shiraz with a medium rare steak. <drool>

Oh, that was Saturday night. I made some steaks for my parents, and my mom ate the ENTIRE appr. 14-oz NY strip, and was stunned that she'd eaten it all! I guess she liked it!!! LOL

Puppy

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard