Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 56 of 67 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 66 67
L
L
Robx,

Not trying to highjack this thread, but may I ask you to consider reading my post and providing me with your valuable feedback?

Thanks, and again, sorry to interrupt.

Me: 46
WAW: 43
M: 8.5 yrs, T: 9.5 yrs
Best friends b4 marriage: 2 yrs
EA/PA: 8/10
Told me she doesn't love me anymore: 9/2/10
Kids: 2 stepdaughters: 17,15, Son: 6
B
B
I doubt she's going to go for this but it is a starting point and you should always ask for the max to begin with. That said your proposal feels like a lot of switching for the kids. Transistions are hard so you should try to minimize them. What if the person who had Thurs-Fri got the weekend?

Last edited by bluestar; 09/13/10 01:34 AM.

previous thread: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...903#Post1983903
R
R
Originally Posted By: bluestar
I doubt she's going to go for this but it is a starting point and you should always ask for the max to begin with. That said your proposal feels like a lot of switching for the kids. Transistions are hard so you should try to minimize them. What if the person who had Thurs-Fri got the weekend?

That wouldn't work,
only one of them would ever get weekends with the kids?!

Yes it's a lot of switching, that's why I also offered the entire week plan as well.

In the end, do what works best for you and your spouse, make it fair for both of you.

B
B
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I was thinking that you would trade who got the Thur-Sun time each week just as you would a weekend. So, one week he's get Mon-Wed and the next week he'd get Thurs-Sun. You can throw in a dinner in the off week if it's not enough time.

If you're going to do 50/50, I'm a fan of switching whole weeks.

R
R
LOL!

I think you're still not clear on this ;-)

You can't trade it,
If one person has mon-wed,
the other person has thurs-sun,
how will they ever trade?

The days each has would never change.

The same person would always have mon-wed, and the other person would always have thurs-sun, there are only 7 days in a week, to trade it as you propose, the person who has thurs-sun would have to take mon-wed as well on the following week for the other parent to have thurs-sun and they would also have to take mon-wed to do the swap as you propose.

Which in essence is a week + weekend each.

The reason for the transitions every 2-3 days in the beginning is actually to make it easier on the kids who wouldn't be used to not seeing one of their parents for 7 days.

I agree with the week + weekend after the kids got more used to the separation.

D
dsh4320 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Now your confusing me ?!?!?!?! actually no I am good with my first proposal. Rob dont know if you are still on here but did you read any ofthe other crap that has happened over the last few days? I sent her a text asking her to let me know when I could call the kids and tell them goodnight.

Her response 15 mins later was

W: I dont why you are acting like this, you can call them anytime. Your attitude has changed so much ver the last few days.

I didnt respond just called and talked to the kids, I was on speaker and asked S to take me off I couldnt here squat. She kept staying close to the phone and coaching them on what to say. I am going to send the email tonight, should be an interesting response. BUt in general if her heart is in the right place and is concerned with me spending enough time with the kids it should be just that. 50 50 and the child support shouldnt matter, but i think she wants the child support, even though my CPA provided some ugly financials over the last 2 years which I gave to her attorney. The L probably puked, in the housing business and being a cop money has been ugly over the last couple of years, so it wont look and doesnt look pretty.,

B
B
lol. You're right Robx. I got my split day wrong. Where I live they've been big on 50/50 for years and have some really interesting ways to come up with it. I was trying to remember my kid's friend's schedule.

R
R
I haven't had a chance to go over all of it but I'll focus on the last part, they are your kids, you know what time they would go to bed, call them before bedtime and tell them good night, I don't think you need to ask her when you can call the kids, just call - she has confirmed as much, you can call them anytime, start doing that.

D
dsh4320 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
cool, I already did do that I didnt respond to hte text just called. I am going to send the email.

D
dsh4320 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
She sent a reply that says

No. U know why.

So I replied: what do you suggest?
At some point I will just tell her, its about the kids, not about money. She wants the child support. When it gets heated I will go Robx on her @ss and tell her the L's will handle it in court. She doesnt want to go down that road again, she got her @ss handed to her last time it will happen again. I will have my L send the transcripts from the first D to the current judge and he will see what I went through before, time to get my hands dirty.

Page 56 of 67 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 66 67

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard