Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 38 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 37 38
P
OP Offline
P
I had to shut the boiler off this morning because the coughing got so bad that the fumes were filling up the room.

I told W on my way out that I will temporarily fix it until we get the new one and that I will get everything I need on my way home.

I added that I would appreciate if she can come home on time so I don't have to deal with the dogs while I'm trying to work. It is really not a big deal but we both know that things get done quicker if one of us can keep them at bay.

So it was bit of a test for my comment from the other day that she has gotten a lot better being responsible for our "family".

I just received a phone call - not a short text - a phone call. Her voice was very pleasant, a lot different than usual cold, emotionless. She jokingly asked me "How big of a fit would you throw if I was a little late?". I said "My fit throwing days are far behind me. You can be as late as you need to be. We won't have any hot water until I fix the boiler and I will figure out the way to accomplish it."

I was just about to hang up when she said "I won't be late. I just had a very rough day at work and would like to have a drink with some friends. Can I have one - it'll take me an hour?"

I said, "Of course you can. Why don't you have two, one for me too." She laughed and said "That would take two hours. You know me better. When I say one it will be two, when I say two it will be four. So I say one."

I laughed back and said "Well, enjoy the one then, no rush I am already putting tool belts on the dogs. The beagle will carry the wrenches, the lhasa mix will pick up the screws, the havanese will roll in the spilled oil and the spaniel will read me King Lear while Im working."

She laughed and said "See you soon."

Some of you may disagree with this niceness of me, but I see it as a respectful compromise from both of us. I asked for it, she complied with it. She still has her space and I really don't need her here to get this job done.

No animosity, no argument, no stress, couple of laughs - attractive, yes Coach?

And, yes - I will still be moving out of here.

Enjoy the Silence
P
OP Offline
P
W came home exactly as she promised. I was already in the boiler room. She popped in and asked if she can interrupt me with dinner.

I was surprised at that because my man eyes did not see anything in the fridge that can be made into a meal.

Of course, she gathered enough stuff to concoct a meal which was nice.

I returned to work and finished it.

We watched a double run of Master Chef and I needed some dessert.

As I was eating it in the bar she kept placing one dog after another on my lap. It was distracting but cute at the same time.

She's been doing it a lot lately. It's her strange way of showing affection.

We went back to see some more of the show. The dogs were cuddling around me and she seemed somewhat annoyed by the fact that they did not pay any attention to her. I felt like saying "Maybe, if you were home more often." but I didn't. That would have served no purpose at all.

She finally got up thanked me for fixing the boiler and I thanked her for the dinner.

So I dragged my sleepy ass back in here.

Enjoy the Silence
P
OP Offline
P
Went to see my IC this morning. I don't have much to learn from him anymore.

He offered no wisdom as to why W is handing me back the rope every time I drop it. He said that based on what I have told him about her it seems very out of character for her to do that and it indicates new level of confusion.

That she likes the fact that I am taking the control of the situation and have agreed with her by validating her feelings. But the fear between losing me and falling back to dissatisfying R still causes some anxiety. She clearly enjoys my company now more than before but he warned me from becoming her "older brother".

We both agreed that I need to remove myself physically from the house. She needs a taste of what she has been brewing all this time.

Nothing new here.

Enjoy the Silence
H
H
pookie,

From the perspective of the LBS it will/should be an eye opener for her. Plus if you add going Dark to the mix, she will be pulling her hair out in a week or two.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: hurtinhartford
pookie,

From the perspective of the LBS it will/should be an eye opener for her. Plus if you add going Dark to the mix, she will be pulling her hair out in a week or two.

The problem I will have is that she is now trying to fill up my spare time. Under the "let's get the house in shape for sale" slogan she is asking me to help. I have agreed to that, but I have not said how I'm going to help.

If I move out and go dark for awhile I may just say "I'll split the bill with you if you hire a contractor".

This, "let's do this and that" started after I told her that I may move out of the state and perhaps the country. Another words "You may lose me for good".

I don't want to mindread here but she may be trying to buy some time here.

I need to get to the point where I keep walking away and she would be following with the rope in her hand.

I have to be ready to have the "We've been having a good time. You promised you'd help with the house. Don't you want to come and see your "kids". I thought we would be friends" talk now.

I will guarantee you it will happen soon. I just have to keep checking the temperature and react accordingly.

Enjoy the Silence
P
P
Pook, keep it up. And be prepared.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: pinhead
Pook, keep it up. And be prepared.

At this point I am prepared for just about everything. There is nothing that can happen that would leave me speechless.

Humor is a shock absorber. If for some reason I find myself clueless I will go Ponty Python on her. grin

Enjoy the Silence
P
OP Offline
P
Coach,

You gave up on me? frown

Enjoy the Silence
L
LSG Offline
L
Pookie69,

It may or may not happen. Just be prepared for anything.

Just act in your best interest. Do not react to situations. This could be causing some of the problems.

Keep leading in your relationship!

You will be okay. I hope the best for you!

ME-41 W-33 M-8 D-8 S-4 D 5/17/2010
www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1961097#Post1961097
S
S
Originally Posted By: pookie69
We watched a double run of Master Chef and I needed some dessert.

As I was eating it in the bar she kept placing one dog after another on my lap.

betty crocker. lol.

i got a good one for you pookie, in the spirit of Betty and my favorite, Sir Christopher:

Quote:
"if Columbus in an island of America had not caught the disease, which poisons the source of generation, and often indeed prevents generation, we should not have chocolate and cochineal"

Candide. Chapter 4.

describe the "the best of all possible worlds"

Page 31 of 38 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 37 38

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard