Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 67 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 66 67
D
dsh4320 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Pookie,

I will go to church tomorrow and focus on the kids. I will look my best, smell good and smile ear to ear!!

T
T
Rent any old Cary Grant movies yet?

Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) Frank Capra, director. Grant brings his fiancée to meet his aunts, to discover they are "compassionately" poisoning their lonely guests. Josephine Hull and Jean Adair play the sweet, crazy aunts, with Peter Lorre and Boris Karloff. It's a madhouse!

The Philadelphia Story (1940) George Cukor, director. Grant harasses his ex-wife, played by Katharine Hepburn, who is getting remarried. James Stewart, a nosey reporter, helps her to thaw out the night before the wedding (oops!). I also loved the remake in a musical form, High Society.

Operation Petticoat (1959) Blake Edwards, director. Grant, commander of a pink sub, has his hands full with a con-man first lieutenant (Tony Curtis) and a bevy of army nurses mucking things up.

Once Upon A Time (1944) Alexander Hall, director. Only Grant could pull off this kiddie fantasy starring a dancing caterpillar we never see until the end. It may have been a commercial and critical flop, but I loved it. See my long review.

Bringing Up Baby (1938) Howard Hawks, director. Grant is a nerdy paleontologist waiting for a bone in the mail, but a peppy dog, Katharine Hepburn and a pet leopard who loves the song "I'll Do Anything For You, Baby!" complicate matters!

His Girl Friday (1940) Howard Hawks, director. Reporter Grant vies for a top story with his reporter ex-wife (Rosalind Russell) who planned to leave her job to get remarried. This is based on a real newspaper story, The Front Page, from 1928. The path of true love was never more twisted.

Monkey Business (1952) Howard Hawks, director. Grant invents a youth serum in his laboratory and he, then his wife (Ginger Rogers) try it out with Marilyn Monroe as the flirty secretary who can't type. Oh to be a kid again!

My Favorite Wife (1940) Garson Kanin, director. Grant's first wife (Irene Dunne) returns after seven years on a desert island with a hunky man (Randolph Scott) and Grant, who has just remarried, is very suspicious of their relationship and spies on them, hehe.

The Awful Truth (1937) Leo McCarey, director. Grant again suspects his wife (Irene Dunne) of cheating and before their divorce is final, they banter and humiliate each other while dating people totally wrong for them. Another peppy dog, same one maybe.

Father Goose (1964) Ralph Nelson, director. Grant's lovable, alcoholic hermit character must watch for enemy jets from a deserted island, but a feisty teacher (Leslie Caron) with her precocious girls need protection after being abandoned.

The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer (1947) Irving Reis, director. Grant runs into a no-nonsense judge (Mryna Loy) and then her kid sister (Shirley Temple) who flips over him so that Grant is ordered by the judge to date her until she regains her senses...or someone does!

I'm No Angel (1933) William Ruggles/Mae West?, director. Baby-faced Grant without a polished accent is the fella screenwriter Mae West, the original sexpot, falls for and agrees to marry, but it takes her quick wit in court to overcome obstacles for them. Mesmerizing, uncensored fun that scandalized proper society and Hollywood!

Houseboat (1958) Melville Shavelson, director. Grant, a widower gaining custody of his disappointed children, needs a dilapidated houseboat and sexy maid (Sophia Loren) to find his life again. Loren married Carlo Ponti by proxy despite married Grant's second proposal during filming. Tough acting happy after that, but he did.

Gunga Din (1939) George Stevens, director. Grant, Victor McLaglen and Douglas Fairbanks Jr. are like the Three Muskateers while stationed in India to stop a cult and their huge army. These guys really ham it up sometimes, but their love for each other was extraordinary!

Talk of the Town (1942) George Stevens, director. Grant escapes prison before being hung for something he didn't do and hides in a noted attorney's (Ronald Colman) home where he, Colman and his secretary (Jean Arthur) become friends before the cops find Grant. Biting commentary on the justice system.

Walk Don't Run (1966) Charles Walters, director. Grant's last film has him a matchmaker while on business in a crowded Tokyo during the 1964 Olympics. Samantha Eggar and Jim Hutton find love with Grant's pointers and help distracting her fiancée. Grant goes public in his underwear!

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
P
P
Good God TH,

I have them all!!! smile

Enjoy the Silence
D
dsh4320 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
TH,

Thanks for the Cary Grant library!!!! I will be on my best behavior tomorrow!

T
T
I was just forced to organize several drawers looking for my copy of "Philadelphia Story" (wanted to watch it myself). I still haven't found it, but I found "Arsenic and Old Lace", "To Catch a Thief" and "North by Northwest", all Cary Grant films smile

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
D
dsh4320 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
W sent a reply to my email with just an OK. I guess she didnt pick up on my humor. I do not need to respond to a simple OK.

I am going over to my brothers house to hang out a bit, and will call the kiddos on my way there. I will tell the kids I will see them tomorrow at church, dont need to tell the W, S will probably tell her anyway. Everyone enjoy your weekend, I am going to finish new living sitch stuff tomorrow after church. I take sundays off from the gym smile

D
dsh4320 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
SO I was on my way to my Brothers house, semt a text to the W and asked if the kids could talk, she replied that D was already asleep and S was playing wiht some friends, I said ok.

About an hour later W calls let it go to VM. It was S on the phone and left me a message with W coaching him in the background. He says, hi daddy, I love you, I miss you I will talk to you tomorrow. She is telling him what to say which we both do this as a common courtesy. THe message keeps going with the W talking to S. W sounded wore smooth out, you could hear in her voice she is drained.

I sent her a text saying I was busy meeting with my brother(we have some business deals together) and that I would like her to tell the kids I will see them tomorrow at church. She replied ok, 2 minutes later hows it going? I said fine i will talk to you later about it. She replies ok, tell your brother I said Hi, gnight! I replied he sayts hi, and gnight 2 u too!.

When I seem to end the convo she seems to want to carry it on, I am not a jerk but i dont go into too much detail. I feel good about my sitch right now, no matter where it goes 5 days until our first hearing. Our D has not been brought up in weeks, no mention of it from either of us. I will show up not contest and treat it like business. I will leave the emotions in the lobby.....

T
T
Quote:
When I seem to end the convo she seems to want to carry it on, I am not a jerk but i dont go into too much detail

Tell her you are practicing juggling chainsaws, and you don't want to lose an arm grin Night! grin

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
D
dsh4320 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
TH,

I do feel like I am juggling chainsaws, went to church this morning met the W and kids in the parking lot. S5 wanted to attend service with Daddy, the little trooper sat through a 1 1/2 service and did so good. W did not join us, she was servicing at the church and was in D3's room. W had to go grocery shopping so I took the kids for a quick lunch.

She met with us afterward and brought me my favorite sushi roll from the store(act of kindness). Kinda surprised me, especially since her mood today was anger, non talkative and moody. I did not let it effect me one bit. I was happy playful with the kids, dressed nice and smellin good.

THe kids said they wanted to go home with me and I told them they could stay with me on Tuesday night. W quickly said why not Wed? I said isnt our first hearing thursday? she said "ya" I said do you remember what time? she said I have to look at the paperwork. I said Wed should work fine for me. I shut the car door and waled back to my truck.

The last time I saw her this moody, I cant even remember, but it was during our first S, where she acted the most like this. I did post some fun stuff on FB last night about my upcoming trip to CA for my 20th reunion! I had a ton of people, men and women both psoting on there how much they look forward to seeing me, even some HS ex's. W has been checking my FB lately, maybe that got to her. But here I am mind reading, and it does me no good.

She made a comment about how I have "fixed" some financial issues since we split, I said I am focused better now. She rolled her eyes nad carried on.

I start to think about this, W is showing me all the things i dont like about her, and it makes it easier. Like many here, my W still has her own issues to deal with. She obviously detached first, but it does not appear she is dealing with her issues. Nothing I can do about it though.

P
P
Originally Posted By: dsh4320

I start to think about this, W is showing me all the things i dont like about her, and it makes it easier. Like many here, my W still has her own issues to deal with. She obviously detached first, but it does not appear she is dealing with her issues. Nothing I can do about it though.

That's step 19 on the WAS script; ignore your own flaws and find "magic" in another person.

Perfect love isn't finding the perfect person, but perfectly loving an imperfect person.

BTW, has anyone read The Seven Levels of Intimacy by Matt Kelly? If so, any recommendations?

Page 46 of 67 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 66 67

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard