Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
A
A
I forgot that I'm leaving work early to go dove hunting tomorrow. Going to sleep like a stone tommorow night. Oh well, it was still worth it. Plus I'll get in some more beer and another smoke at the pig roast afterwards.

Life is good.

ADAPT. OVERCOME. IMPROVISE.
-Tom Highway

Me: 43
W: 40
S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
P
OP Offline
P
Damn, that sounds good!!! Still hot and muggy evenings down here in F-L-A, but juuuuuust a tint of sliiiightly cooler, less-humid air in the, um, well in the AIR. Hoping my new Rockys will get here today, so I can enjoy one or two this weekend, after a CRAZY week that saw NO weeknight cigars for this camper. Probably the first time that's happened in six months. Just too much going on this week with baseball, son's homework, etc.

Puppy

D
D
Cigars international is running a good special on boxes Rocky Sun Grown right now if anyone is interested. These are pretty full cigars though, so be careful if you are not used to them.

My old neighbor and I are going to split a box of them.

P
OP Offline
P
Wow, that IS a good deal. I've only had one of those once, and unfortunately never took any tasting notes on it. Are they good?

As I type this, I'm enjoying a little "55" La Aroma de Cuba, after a real fun night birthday shopping (for S-soon-to-be-14) with the fetching Mrs. Puppy. Got the shopping done, then went to a favorite little Mexican place for some mah-ga-REE-tas and dinner. Then home, D23 came over, played with granddaughter, and then out back for my smoke after a BUSY week.

Life is good!!!! smile

Puppy

D
D
I think they are good. They are strong and a bit peppery if I remember correctly. They have turned my stomach in the past, so be careful with them if you get them.

We also picked-up some Vegas 55's box pressed. Throw in a 3 pk sampler for a buck, a 5-pack sampler for $10 and a free 3pk and I think we got 51 cigars for $171. Just over $3 per stick. Not bad.

P
OP Offline
P
Enjoying a beeeaaauuuty-ful Rocky Patel Sun Grown 6 x 52 (I think?) torpedo. Creamy goodness!! A nice glass of perfectly-chilled (I prefer 61 degrees) Thorne-Clark Terra - Barossa Shiraz and my faithful labrador retriever by my side, after a great baseball practice and helping S14 with his math homework when we got home.

Life is good!!!

Puppy

D
D
My shipment came yesterday. I got the Sun Grown Torpedoes too! Splitting them with my buddy and smoking one together in the screen porch or on the patio tonight!

S-W-E-E-T!!!

P
OP Offline
P
I thoroughly enjoyed mine last nite. That's the first time I'd tried the Sun Grown. I've always loved just about anything from Rocky Patel (other than the Edge -- I find those harsh, have a funny taste, and they kick me in the AZZ) -- 1990, 1992, Olde World Reserve, Connecticut. I really enjoyed the Sun Grown. Nobody CONSTRUCTS a cigar in these price ranges like Rocky!

Puppy

J
J
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Hey, is this one any good?

La Perla Habana Black Pearl

CI's got a screaming deal on them (20 for $39.95). I like a good maduro (2nd probably only to a Corojo).

thanks,

Puppy

i've smoked one of these. i'd rate it about a B. pretty good brand for the price

waw 36 (spiritual covenant and common law marriage)me 32
together 13 mos. Bomb dropped march 2nd 2010

children SD (8) S (10) S (3)
need help from anyone with my sitch

A
A
James,

I never tried that one, but at that price I could choke em down even if they were a c-.

Dan-O,

Glad your stogies came in. guess I had better start paying more attention during the wknds. I'm going to the store this Friday. You and Pup sold me. I'm going to try the sun grown torpedo. I'll look for a la perla black and try that too Jimmy.

ADAPT. OVERCOME. IMPROVISE.
-Tom Highway

Me: 43
W: 40
S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard