Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 38 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 37 38
P
OP Offline
P
The rest of the last night went surprisingly well. We went to have dinner out and took time doing it. Had many nice conversations and then suddenly she told me all the details about her Friday's party.

She named everyone who was invited and everyone who confirmed. Turns out that it is kind of work related. There is a new boss in town and they want to get to know him. Some of the "friends" were invited to make it less informal. She seemingly spoke the truth and I have no reason to doubt that.

I just listened, knotted and told her that it was a good idea.

Now it's time to pack her car, send her off and get some yard work done.

P
OP Offline
P
Quote:
I don't know that for a fact...

Well, I just found out. She is indeed taking antidepressants. It's anti anxiety drug which is also smoking cessation aid. That and alcohol explains a lot now.

I can't challenge her on that, but I can certainly watch out for signs when she is under the influence and act accordingly.

P
OP Offline
P
So W is off to her vacation. I could not find a single moment to talk about anything and it was not appropriate for me to do that today.

We were too busy packing hauling and stuffing her trunk.

She thanked me for my help, I smiled and wished her pleasant stay.

So now - no contact, no chocking up, no communications unless she initiates something.

I will drive up Tuesday to swap the dogs, whether I stay over I will decide once there.

I'll go out enjoy the day and treat myself for nice dinner.

P
OP Offline
P
It's been 2 hours since I sent W for her trip. Texts are already coming about how much fun our "kids" have swimming and running around. My responses have been short and sweet with an appropriate delay.

They just keep coming.

Enjoy the Silence
P
OP Offline
P
More texts about hiking and roaming around. I actually went on a long walk with my other 2 dogs yesterday too.

She also asked me to bring my own pillow with me when I come because the ones there are no good. Hmmm, I never really told her that I would stay.

P
OP Offline
P
Texts and e-mails keep coming. She is sending me pictures of happy dogs swimming, diggin, getting dirty - being dogs.

She asked me to bring some nice wine and fire wood for the pit she found there.

Strangely I feel genuinely happy for her. I feel that if letting her go makes her stay that way then I have achieved my first milestone. It is a creepy feeling but I feel it from my heart and it's real.

P.S. She left her happy pills home.

C
C
Quote:
She also asked me to bring my own pillow with me when I come because the ones there are no good. Hmmm, I never really told her that I would stay.

Quote:
She asked me to bring some nice wine and fire wood for the pit she found there.

START flirting back.

"I'll bring some fine wine and I'm packing the wood."

I'm not kidding, can't you see she wants to play?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
P
OP Offline
P
Quote:
"I'll bring some fine wine and I'm packing the wood."

laugh laugh laugh laugh and I wasted all last night re-reading King Lear instead of brushing up on my wittiness.

P
OP Offline
P
Quote:
I'm not kidding, can't you see she wants to play?

You are not kidding. The texting has been going on all day. Flirting away to no end. I was laughing so hard for a moment and did not believe that it was my W at the other end.

Seemed like I was involved in an anonymous chat room, lol.

C
C
Quote:
You are not kidding. The texting has been going on all day. Flirting away to no end. I was laughing so hard for a moment and did not believe that it was my W at the other end.

Cats love to hunt. Keep the cat interested.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
Page 23 of 38 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 37 38

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard