Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 96 of 101 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 100 101
B
OP Offline
B
Puppy - I read the setting them free thread a while ago. It's time to read it all over again. The one thing I have not tried yet is truly setting her free. I'm not sure I can even honestly do it for real, but hopefully reading the thread again will help me.

I really don't have another choice other than licking up crumbs, which satisfies me in the moment, but even I know it doesn't help long term.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

P
P
Originally Posted By: BeTheMan

I really don't have another choice other than licking up crumbs, which satisfies me in the moment, but even I know it doesn't help long term.

Of course you do -- that's b.s., BTM. You ALWAYS have choices. You may not WANT TO CHOOSE THEM, but you ALWAYS have choices.

C'mon, that's weak.

Puppy

B
OP Offline
B
I know I have choices Puppy. But at this point there really are only 2.

I can keep licking up crumbs and hope to get back to where we were 2 months ago and then hope to move forward from there - or
try setting her free.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

F
F
Maybe you should think of it as setting yourself free, rather than her. You're in a self imposed prison. You deserve more than crumbs, everyone does.

P
P
"Hope" isn't much of a plan, BTM.

The Good Book says, "there is wisdom in many counselors." Yes, we are supposed to have faith, and hope, but we are also to be WISE, and seek COUNSEL, and then boldly act on that counsel, praying for strength if we need to.

What you are doing isn't good for you OR your wife, and it's really sad to me that this is what you're teaching your son.

Puppy

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
"Hope" isn't much of a plan, BTM.

The Good Book says, "there is wisdom in many counselors." Yes, we are supposed to have faith, and hope, but we are also to be WISE, and seek COUNSEL, and then boldly act on that counsel, praying for strength if we need to.

What you are doing isn't good for you OR your wife, and it's really sad to me that this is what you're teaching your son.

Puppy

That's my point Puppy. Hope really isn't a choice, so my only one is to somehow set her free. I can hope in one hand and s_it in the other and I know which will get full first.

What I am doing must not be good for me or after 8 months of separation I would be more than happy to set her free. But, I think I have done a good job of only letting my son see so much of my struggle. I think my kids believe I am doing much better than I really am.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

P
P
ok, maybe I misunderstood you. If you're saying that the only hope you have is to finally set her free, then I agree with you. "Licking up crumbs" is no way to live -- even for a mongrel dog.

Puppy (who knows a thing or two about dogs)

D
D
I think "setting them free" is a choice we have to make over and over. We make the decision and are firm about it, but something happens and we might waiver, but we have to re-affirm to ourselves that we are setting them free. I think it is too much to expect that it will "take" on the first try, but it is something to keep striving for. Aren't we too good for crumbs at this stage of our lives?????

Dagny

Me 48, H49, M24, S14, S11
DB #1 4/2002-8/2003
Bomb #2 August 2010 & he moved out
Living with OW
B
OP Offline
B
Update...

No contact with WAW since last Sunday when we had dinner with the kids. Kids told me she is not coming over tomorrow (Sunday) since she is getting ready for a party at her place on Sunday. She certainly is much better at GAL than me. I doubt that's the only reason she isn't coming over.

I am sticking with my goal of not contacting her. A co-worker wants to set me up with her 26 yo friend. I saw pictures on FB. She is hot!!!! Today I finally said she could invite her to a company outing in September as my date. Considering I am 41 with a 19 yo daughter it seems kinda crazy for me to date a 26 yo, but I have to start somewhere and I could do worse!

I do plan on having the setting her free talk with WAW in the near future, but other than that, I hope I can resist the temptation to contact and have the guts to go through with my date.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

P
P
BTM,

Why have the talk? Just do it...

The talk seems more targeted for when they're hedging/limbo'ing in your house, not when your separated.

Page 96 of 101 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard