Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
After staying awake all of last night and searching for waw I still have not found the thread every one was talking about the waw script could someone please post a link to that. It would be nice to have some insights to the wild ride my wife is taking me on.

M40, W 37
M 11 1/2 y
T 13 y
D filed 5-18-10
S 5-29-10 OM1 discovered 6-5-10
Counter sued for d 6-16-10
OM2 discovered 8-10-10
OM3, OM4
4 kids 10, 7, & 3
D date 10-14-10
http://tiny.cc/mxzct
A
A
Coach,

I love the idea for this thread. I think the problem that affects most of us as newbies is that we're only rated for VFR. And unfortunately, we all ended up flying into IMC before any of us got any training. So here we sit. In the soup. No way out but learn to fly on instruments or buy the farm.

The analogy is a very good one and explains why we all make so many damn mistakes. The instruments contradict what our senses are telling us. Add to it the panic associated with certain death looming, and the urge to follow instinct is overwhelming. It's a primeval drive. The instruments are what our brains are telling us is right, but the instincts are all feelings, strong desperate feelings. You guys (You, Sandi, Pup, R2C and the other "vets") are the tower trying to talk us out of the mayday. And thank God for you. I wonder how many guys (and gals) auger in without ever finding the right freq and hitting the mic key for some help. It's a sad way to go. All alone out there. Knowing its coming, but never seeing it. Or popping out 300 ft AGL in a death spiral when you thought you were straight and level.

The problem is of course that even with the best guy in the tower, a lot of us just can't master it without the proper training. Or run the tanks dry before we ever find an opening. And sometimes, the conditions are too bad and even if you do everything right, it's out of your hands.

I’m really trying to stay focused and listen when the tower gives me advice and instructions. It’s hard, but it’s not just my tail on the line. I wish it was. I wish I was flying the proverbial “cargo plane full of rubber dog Sh_t out of Hong Kong”. But the three “souls on board” include my kids. I REALLY don’t want to screw this up. It’s the only thing keeping me from punching out right now.

I hate to seem stupid, but aside from the specific examples cited, what are the general things to expect. How can I learn to “peek around the corners” As Dan has said, a lot of this seems contradictory. I’m struggling with validating, yet calling BS when it’s needed. I face the same problem with defending myself. That was good advice Coach. Of course her words cannot actually hurt me, unless I let them. I will keep that in mind and not get baited any more. Also, I detached well, then realized I was being cold and unkind in my dealings with W. So I re-read a lot of posts and have been able to affect a happier more cheerful demeanor. But now face the challenge of not being seen as the doormat I used to be. She sensed my change in attitude and started trying (or unconsciously fell back into) her old patterns. I am doing ok standing up when needed, but either get puffed up and come off as a jerk, or walk away wondering if I was strong enough. And the “agree with them always” argument has always seemed out of step with the “don’t take any CB argument”. It’s confusing sometimes.

I know that certain instruments lag others. Is that the case in this as well?

I know it’s stupid to think there are specific rules that will work EXACTLY the same for each of us, but I’m glad for this thread and the WAW script thread. Please keep going.

ADAPT. OVERCOME. IMPROVISE.
-Tom Highway

Me: 43
W: 40
S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
A
A
40inTX,

I'll look for the WAW Thread and try to link it here. I read it a long time ago, but it's probably still up.

Cheers.

-Tom Highway

S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
Man were in the exact same plane

M40, W 37
M 11 1/2 y
T 13 y
D filed 5-18-10
S 5-29-10 OM1 discovered 6-5-10
Counter sued for d 6-16-10
OM2 discovered 8-10-10
OM3, OM4
4 kids 10, 7, & 3
D date 10-14-10
http://tiny.cc/mxzct
C
Coach Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
And the “agree with them always” argument has always seemed out of step with the “don’t take any CB argument”.

Simple:

Agree with what she feels and what she thinks.

CB - is when she tells you what you think/feel/believe or is doing something that is unacceptable (boundary).

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
D
D
thank you AG, I could have written the same thing (not so well though). I feel the same confusion. I think I am doing something only to find out I've missed the boat on something even more damaging.

F
F
Originally Posted By: A_goodman

I'll look for the WAW Thread and try to link it here.

I'd be very interested in this link as well. Not sure if I've read it.

D
D
I don't think it exists.

A
A
Dan, you might be right. I looked back to before we were on and I can't find it. Ive read so many posts maybe I'm just imagining it. Sounds like a good topic for a new thread!

-Tom Highway

S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
C
C
Hey, PDT.

Fancy meeting you here.

Originally Posted By: Chuck66

If my wife wants a S because the D is taking to long do I ask her how many boxes I need to get for her stuff? Do I purchase said boxes?
Do I remind her that our auto insurance is almost due in a month or two and I will have to remove her from my policy and it will no longer have the multi-car discount?

Originally Posted By: Puppy

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

Not to sound dumb, but in my mind (and sitch) since WAW's generally feet-drag, all of the above would require LBS to initiate contact.
In my case, I just packed all her stuff. She still doesn't know it's all neatly piledin boxes in the garage.

So should I initiate the contact to:
-get "us" out of our truck lease and have her make arrangements to get her own vehicle?
-call insurance company to call her to set up her own insurance (or tell W to call them)?

Thanks, PDT

Gonna put this on my thread, too

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard