Print Thread
Page 45 of 73 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 72 73
P
P

G
OP Offline
G
you want another???

my company produces a document titled: Lincoln-Kennedy Coincidence!

Funny you posted that!

What's the 3 digit lottery going to be tonight?? 821? eerie

Bomb 8/09. Brief piecing 12/10. D-2/12
Two incredible kids D9,S6 Leading new life!
“Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."
B
B
Hey, thanks gr8! It looks like you are doing well, keep going. It's not easy, I've come so far & still have a ways to go. Although I'm now completely opposite of where I was when I started. lol. Go figure.

Am I reading that correctly, is your son going to be 3 tomorrow? My little dude is going to be three tomorrow!! Small world. lol

formerly known as "shelbel"
Me 40, stbxh 40
DSs 9, 7 & 3
M9, T10
Stbxh is a diagnosed bipolar & an addict. The end.
G
OP Offline
G
Quote:
Am I reading that correctly, is your son going to be 3 tomorrow? My little dude is going to be three tomorrow!! Small world. lol

Too small, that is something!

Doing much better, thanks.

Hope you have your little guy tomorrow, I don't. frown

I'll be 28 tomorrow and was actually born on a Friday the 13th so it's extra fun tomorrow. Enjoy!!

M:28 H:30
DD-9| DD-7| Baby- Due 11/10
T-14 | M-8

10/08- Bomb
4/09- Failed attempt at Marriage Fitness Program
3/10- WH moved out.
7/10- Informed me he's filing in Aug
B
B
oh my gosh... I didn't even think about it being Friday the 13th!!

Happy Birthday to you, 2g.

And to our little men, gr8. I have him for a little bit. I'm glad I have him at all, I was supposed to go to work but am on a low census day from the hospital.

Don't worry, your little man will enjoy his special time with you, whenever it is. I promise.

(((hugs)))

formerly known as "shelbel"
Me 40, stbxh 40
DSs 9, 7 & 3
M9, T10
Stbxh is a diagnosed bipolar & an addict. The end.
G
OP Offline
G
Happy birthday 2gthrButApart

be safe, be very safe. haha

G
OP Offline
G
Keeter, read this analogy.
It really help me early on.

PICNIC ANALOGY:
Imagine that the WAS is inside an impenetrable castle. WAS is deep inside the castle walls and has no desire to see the outside world. WAS has his/her own world right there inside those cold, stone walls.

Then there's you. You're sitting on the other side of the moat (drawbridge is up, btw). You've got a nice blanket laid out on the cool, green grass, and you're enjoying yourself by having a wonderful picnic all alone. You're absolutely content with this, and aren't even concerned with the castle and the WAS within (in fact, you've got your back to it).

Eventually, WAS gets a little curious about the what's going on outside the castle, and decides to take a peak over the walls. WAS sees you, just sitting there enjoying yourself. He/She is surprised, because previously you had been throwing rocks at the castle, singing and dancing in hopes of getting their attention. WAS is wondering what you're up to, and why you're so content. After a while, WAS decides to lower the drawbridge and join you at your picnic. WAS sits down, and you just act as if -- you're happy, confident, etc. Suddenly, WAS realized where he/she is and what he/she is doing, and it scares the hell out him/her. WAS jumps up and dashes back to the castle for no apparent reason. You however, didn't even budge or flinch. WAS peeks back out to see what you're doing, and notices that you're still sitting in the same place, enjoying yourself without concern. Again, WAS is surprised, and eventually comes out again. This time WAS stays a little longer, but again gets spooked and runs back. However, you're still not deterred from enjoying your picnic. The WAS's visits begin to happen more and more, and they last longer and longer. Once he/she realizes that there is no risk for him/her (i.e. that you won't bring up the R, pursue her, get angry, become needy, etc), WAS begins to reflect on things, and begins questioning his/her choice to go to the castle. In time, WAS decides to bring up the R, and this is when you can discuss it with him/her because WAS is ready and has initiated the talk.

THIS is why it is important to avoid pursuing, because it gives the WAS the opportunity to miss you, reflect, see your changes and strength, etc. So, the next time me or anyone else tells you to just enjoy your picnic, you'll know what it means. This is a term that we used a lot this summer, but it kind of went away. I think it describes the pursuit dynamic perfectly. Don't chase the WAS back into the castle and hold him/her captive by standing outside the walls and trying to get his/her attention. As long as this is the case, it is likely that they'd rather starve themselves in their castle than come out.

Thanks! Haha I was born on Fri the 13th maybe that explains a lot LOL. We have an all black chihuahua is it bad luck if she crosses my path? :-p

Enjoy your day!

T-14 | M-8

10/08- Bomb
3/10- WH moved out.
Gr8 day.... Love the picnic analogy!

Last edited by 2gthrButApart; 08/13/10 01:20 PM.

T-14 | M-8

10/08- Bomb
3/10- WH moved out.
Page 45 of 73 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 72 73

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard