Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23
F
F
LOL.

L
LSG Offline
L
TH,

I am glad you are doing okay. I hope everyday is good for you.

I wish you the best. It is good to journal sometimes to get it out. I am doing journaling and it helps me alot to write about what is happening in my sitch.

Keep the PMA going.

ME-41 W-33 M-8 D-8 S-4 D 5/17/2010
www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1961097#Post1961097
T
OP Offline
T
Journaling: Do you think happiness can actually make you stupid?

I ask because... I have been danged happy lately. Today was my Dad's birthday, and I was driving out to their house (about 32 miles from here), and there's this one section of the Highway that is an infamous speed trap where the speed limit goes from 65 to 55 and then to 45 MPH all in the space of about 200 ft while you are going down a hill.

So there I was driving down the road singing the theme song to "Sesame Street" without a care in the world and not noticing the cars behind and beside me were slowing down.

To make a long story even longer, I got the first speeding ticket I have got in 15 years for doing 65MPH in a 45 zone.

I handed the officer my license as he walked up, and he asked if I knew how fast I was going, and I said, "I'm sorry. I didn't even notice the signs, but I realized what was going on as soon as I saw you pulling out".

He asked, "Is there an emergency or anything where you need to get someplace in a hurry?"

I said, "No, I was just happy, singing the "Sesame Street" theme song, and I didn't notice I was already to the speed trap" smile

He thanked me for being so cooperative. Whatcha gonna do?

Happiness can make you stupid.
coolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcool

Last edited by TimeHeals; 08/01/10 11:34 PM.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
T
OP Offline
T
Journaling: Still feel great. Got a new front entry door. Life is good.

Time to fly to buy stuff for home-related projects.

Did I say life is good?

Last edited by TimeHeals; 08/07/10 04:48 PM.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
F
F
smile Nice to hear you're having a great weekend Time! Enjoy your projects!

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
T
OP Offline
T
Journaling: Feel kind of bad because I spoke in anger to a neighbor today.

I was walking my dogs through the neighborhood, and some woman was walking her dogs (both very large, one some kind of wolf hound mix), and her dogs were not on leashes and not staying close to her.

Her dogs came over to sniff my dogs. My oldest dog provokes fights by "staring" to assert his dominance, and my youngest dog is perfectly fine around other dogs unless they act aggressive toward her, and then she promptly red lines.

So there I was hoping the leashes or collars did not break as my dogs lost control and her dogs were a foot away or less, I am yelling "No", she is yelling at her dogs from across the street, and in the middle of the fear that I was about to have a mess on my hands, I yelled at her, "You know there's a leash law, right?".

She said, "I'm sorry I'm not from here".

I could have let it go at this point because her dogs moved on, but the adrenelin was still pumping, and I said, "Well, you need to put your dogs on leashes so I don't call the cops next time".

I feel pretty bad about that last comment.

Now, there are other folks who have those electronic collars instead of leashs around the neighborhood, and some that allow their dogs into their front yards without a leash. This is the first incident, and to be fair, I was more worried about my dogs provoking a fight, and then they were on leashes, so me controlling them if a fight started would be potentially harmful to them.

But I should not have spoken so much because I was angry and scared there for a minute. That sucks.

Last edited by TimeHeals; 08/08/10 01:57 PM.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
L
L
Don't worry about it. You were right. So don't feel bad. My daughter refused to walk her dog on a leash, and plenty of her neighbors yelled at her, even though her dog was just friendly and not at all aggressive. Less than a month after moving into the neighborhood with her dog, her dog was killed by a car. It's been a year, and she's still not over it. Walking a dog on a leash is good for everyone. You were doing that woman a favor, whether she knows it or not.

G
G
TH,
I agree. Let it go.
You were right.
Three times you mentioned how bad you feel about it. That says more about who you are than your (justified) actions and words at that moment do.
Angry and scared can be an overwhelming combination.

Peace,

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

T
OP Offline
T
Journaling; It really comes as no suprise at this point, but I think my M is a lost cause (it should have been over already, but that was delayed).

I was sitting here thinking about how many of my friends or members of my family try to tell me what I am thinking or feeling or what I should be thinking or feeling in any conversation where I didn't ask them for such input, and I couldn't come up with any.

It's unique to my STBXW. It's seeming that's just the way she is in long-term relationships: mind reading and invalidation ... to the point it causes serious problems.

Not much left for me there, I guess.

That is neither a happy nor sad realization. It's just an observation.

Last edited by TimeHeals; 08/13/10 09:30 PM.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
T
OP Offline
T
The key to moving forward (thought for the day):

1. Focus on the good things in your life and what you are doing to really 'live'.

2. Focus on the thing that you are doing to make your future better.

3. Focus on the good things in your past.

4. Spend less time focusing on negative things in the past.

5. Spend less time accepting that you cannot change the present or future.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard