Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
D
D
Quote:
Hope I didn't scare MIL off. She was fun.

i'm still around. smile

i went to the smoke shop. the old geezer was really rude to me - cuz i didn't have an adam's apple. not the best cigar shopping experience. it's very "boys club".

i walked out empty handed. frown

but i had a fine shiraz anyway.

u think talking cigars and scotches make me a fun person? just you wait until nfl season, my friend. i'm very anti-cowboys and very pro-colts. wink

D
D
Quote:
Dan's having a crappy day.

dan .. it's going to be okay.

there's nothing that a shot of cutty sark can't fix. sick

do me a favor? smile. because the world will smile back.

C
C
Quote:
i'm very anti-cowboys and very pro-colts.

Which Colts?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
D
D
Quote:
Which Colts?

indy, of course. smile

C
C
The only true Colts team was the Baltimore Colts. It's like saying you like the Three Stooges and Curly Joe is your favorite, it's just wrong.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
D
D
Quote:
The only true Colts team was the Baltimore Colts.

ah yes .. they were so 'true' that they changed their name to the ravens. ;-)

A
A
MIL,

Glad to see you back. I never really doubted BTW. Sorry about the old fart at the shop.. There are other shops. Find one with some younger guys (not yuppies though) or just walk around the humidor alone. In all my experience, most cigar smokers (again not the young metro guys) are real men who would love to show a lady the ropes.

Chivalry isn't dead!

ADAPT. OVERCOME. IMPROVISE.
-Tom Highway

Me: 43
W: 40
S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
A
A
Now, MIL...

You like fine liquer, are open to Cigars, like football and are mischeviously fun to hang out with. How could that old man of yours ever think of turning his back on all of that?

Do you get Coach's stooges analogy? And if so, do you agree with it?

answer that last question VERY CAREFULLY....

And realize, that you are on the precipice of breaking hearts all over cyberspace. }-)

ADAPT. OVERCOME. IMPROVISE.
-Tom Highway

Me: 43
W: 40
S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: A_goodman
I know I mentioned on somebodie's post that I was headed to a tasting a couple of Fridays ago. So here is the deal they had going on.

It was buy 3 get one free, but the box deal was the real bargain. If you bought a box, they threw in a ball cap, a cheap cutter, a DVD about cigar making, some tickets to their raffle and an eight cigar sampler pack of all different lines and sizes. I don't usually buy CAO mostly because there are cigars I like better intheir price range, but the La Traviata just got a 93 in Cigar Afficionado in the robusto size and they were only 4.25 a stick. With the 15% discount they had on that night, I got 20 excellent cigars plus the eight more expensive cigars and all that other stuff for less than 75 bucks. I didn't plan on getting a box, but that was too good a deal to pass up.

All in all, I was pretty happy. And I'm set for a couple of months. It pays to hang out at the cigar store.

Wow! I need to go to more of these. Corona Cigar has three excellent Orlando stores, and is just down the road a couple of hours from me. I get their e-mail invites, but haven't been to one yet.

Puppy

D
D
Quote:
Do you get Coach's stooges analogy? And if so, do you agree with it?

answer that last question VERY CAREFULLY....

well, my favorite stooge was moe.
he had the best hair out of the three. ;-) look, i'm still a chick.

i get it but i only started watching football after i got married so i didn't watch the baltimore colts play (pre-indy days). i'm not that old. smile
i watched it because my h watched it. he taught me a thing or two about it and i love sports. hockey, baseball, basketball. now football.

here's another thing: starcraft II just came out. i didn't really play starcraft 1 but i'd sure like to learn how to play SCII. smile

Quote:
You like fine liquer, are open to Cigars, like football and are mischeviously fun to hang out with. How could that old man of yours ever think of turning his back on all of that?

but reality is, he did. maybe there was someone better out there. maybe he would rather not have me around. come football season, who am i going to high five when the colts beat the romo & cowboys? smile

Quote:
And realize, that you are on the precipice of breaking hearts all over cyberspace. }-)

hehe. i'm sure there are a lot of women out there who are just like me.

Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard