Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 131 of 132 1 2 129 130 131 132
L
L
Hey glad to hear things are good for you both, you are often in my thoughts, your thread always used to make me smile and gave me an awful lot of good ideas too! (())

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Once lost but now found and happily married again!
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you, Rabbit. My job has gone gang-busters, with plenty of weekends and 70 hr weeks. In a way, it's a good thing, but it sure kept me off of here for a good while!

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
C
C
So good to get an update from you...have really missed reading your posts, but SO glad they are no longer needed...good for you!

T
T
I'm happy for you Dia. Careful on that work, though. Too much work means too much time away from home.

Me 45, H 46, S 23, M 26, Together 30, Bomb 6-2-08,
S 6-19-08; H left 12-29-08. H home 12-09, Still MLC in 2012!
Me- I have my big girl panties on. Bring it.

T
T
Good to hear from you Dia. I am glad you are doing well.

Me: 36, W: 33, M: 10 yrs
Bomb: 1/09, Seperated: 9/09, Piecing Begins: 10/09

My story: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...t=91&page=1
M
M
Dear Dia - I didn't know you were a fellow IT (me being a ACTC - I'll let you work out what that is)!!!

You have no idea how happy I am catching up on your sitch! BRILLIANT!

Mac is back so I'm sure we'll be bumping into each other again (in the nicest possible way) :-)

And after reading this lot - I'm also going to change my sig with a bit of yours "My sitch - Divorce Busted! "

Still means that life is "interesting" eh ?

((Dia))

Mac

G
G
Dia,
How wonderful to hear!
God Bless!

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

D
D
Hi Dia, wonderful to hear things are still going well. Great to hear from you! You have so much to teach others!

Cas

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
HI, all,

Short update - I am somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 yr from onset of DB. We are together and building our future. Kidlet is doing well. We still have our struggles sometimes, mostly in the area of love languages. When I don't get QT my LL), the ensuing emotional distance means I don't feel much like initiating PT (his). It's not a deliberate tit-for-tat thing. It's more an unconscious defense mechanism.

The difference is, when stuff like this comes up, I have lots and lots of skills to throw at it, namely GAL.

DH has trouble saying no to social engagements. He's afraid of hurting people's feelings by not going to whatever they invite him to do. The end result is that he feels over-committed, over-stimulated and grumpy because he doesn't have enough time for his own headspace and/or personal pursuits. And, of course, kidlet and I start feeling neglected and unimportant.

Here's a tip - GAL works VERY well. The minute I up and schedule something that takes me out of the house and makes me not immediately available to him, he's suddenly more interested in being around me.

So, the bumps we're working through are not by any means marriage-ending. They are, however, remnants of the same issues that *were* marriage ending before. What's different is how we handle them.

Ok - off to surf sitches and catch up with folks!

Cheers,

Dia

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
S
S
Dia,

Great to hear an update from you and that things are continuing to progress for you and H.

How is the MIL sitch...has she lightened up any?

--silverado

Page 131 of 132 1 2 129 130 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard