Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
D
D
Quote:
It seems like you know your stuff booze wise!

hehe. i don't know if that's a good thing.
i kept my mouth shut on the beer discussion because i have my recommendations on a good beers.
if you like guinness in the winter, try london porter.
i don't know if this is available in your local beer store but there is one called esb (extra special bitter) which is a fave at the local pubs. it's a bit on the pricey side but it's worth a try.

my booze knowledge was acquired via stbxh. he wasn't an alcoholic by any means but he had a taste for the good stuff. don't ask me about the regular swill like budweiser.

Quote:
there will be a lot of guys willing to help you pick out a good smoke

i go to the tasting bar at the local wine store, and the guy there always pours me a few free ones. smile mind you, i know my stuff so it's not like i bat my eyelashes and i get a free drink.

Quote:
You can't go wrong with a Macanudo or a Dunhill.

dunhill. smile

Quote:
Also, I know the thin ones seem more lady like. I say screw that! Get a nice thick one. The higher the ring Gage, (how they measure thickness) the more different types of tobacco they can blend in.

smile goodman .. oh the jokes i can make. go big or go home, huh?

Quote:
Now, length makes a difference. To start with go short. It takes less time and will make it easier to avoid getting light headed which is common to all beginners, ladies AND men.

i gotta bite my tongue on that one. smile

Quote:
Good luck! Trust me. It's a good thing.

y'know, i always hate the smell of cigarette smoke.
but i love the smell of cigars and cigar smoke. dunno why ..

thanks for the suggestion. i know what to do this weekend.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: A_goodman
Originally Posted By: DumpedforMIL
this topic is so evil. smile

Quote:
I almost always drink a Shiraz.

aussie shiraz. yum.

Quote:
at the local Irish Pub, it's beer (preferably Sam Adams Pale Ale) with the 'gars.

keeping my mouth shut on this one.

it does feel weird being the only female on this thread. at least, i think i'm the only female on this thread. smile

An evil topic for evil men }-)

You shouldn't feel weird though. It seems like you know your stuff booze wise! Besides, lots of women are smoking cigars nowadays. They taste good, It's very relaxing and to tell you the truth, it's kinda hot.

Here's a homework 180 for you. Go to the local cigar store, there will be a lot of guys willing to help you pick out a good smoke. Enjoy the attention and get a couple different gars to try out. Go home, put on some comfortable clothes, head out to the porch with a nice glass of Shiraz and fire one up.

I would look for a very mild one to start with. You can't go wrong with a Macanudo or a Dunhill. Also a brand named Pleades. Stay away from the darker wrappers to start. A good rule of thumb is lighter = milder. Also, I know the thin ones seem more lady like. I say screw that! Get a nice thick one. The higher the ring Gage, (how they measure thickness) the more different types of tobacco they can blend in. It adds complexity and smoothness. Now, length makes a difference. To start with go short. It takes less time and will make it easier to avoid getting light headed which is common to all beginners, ladies AND men.

Oh. One more thing, you need a cutter. They will have some cheap ones near the register. Buy one so you don't have to get them cut there. Once they're cut, they dry out faster. Store your extras in a zip lock or Tupperware. They should stayproperly humidified for a week or two that way. You definately don't want to smoke a dried out cigar. It will burn hot and be harsher. Have them show you where to make the cut.

Good luck! Trust me. It's a good thing.

You're a good man, Goodman. grin

And yeah, MIL -- it is kinda hot. laugh

Puppy

L
L
Originally Posted By: DanF
Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:
What is the alt universe anyway?

FB

Right, but is there a group to join? I found the DB page, but can't find the people. I can only see a few who "like" this. Sorry if I am giving out too much info.

Are you a fan? If not become one.
Let us know when you are a fan.

Last edited by LanceSijan; 07/30/10 12:18 PM.
L
L
I see you are a fan! Sent you a message.

D
D
Thanks Lance. Got it!

D
D
MIL, you are great! My W got tired of me making comments like that ALL THE TIME!

I have suppressed that tendency for so long now I almost forgot how much fun it is!

C
C

my preference is glenmorangie 18.
:drool: smile

Me 31 Wife 34
(Step)D 15 /(Step)S 13 / D 6
Married 3/3/01
Separated 6/4/10
Bomb 6/14/10
Served 6/22/10
EA/PA Discovered 7/5/10
Now Back Together 8/1/10
D
D
Quote:
MIL, you are great! My W got tired of me making comments like that ALL THE TIME!

y'know this is the 2nd time this week i got that comment.
both from guys too.

i understand that you can't be so uptight about stuff. and you have to have a sense of humour about it. but i have my limits on how far a joke can go or how explicit/crude the content is.

Quote:
I have suppressed that tendency for so long now I almost forgot how much fun it is!

i'm glad it lightens up the mood. smile

D
D
Quote:

my preference is glenmorangie 18.

:drool:

lol. somebody likes a fine scotch.

A
A
Not sure the drool was for the Scotch MIL.

Gotta go with Dan on this. You are definately cool.

Glad you went deep on all the softballs I lobbed you. Actually, everything I said was learned advice...ABOUT CIGARS. But if I wasn't honery, I probably could have worded things differently. Of course, where's the fun in that?

Good Wknd!

Oh, one more thing, DO NOT INHALE CIGAR SMOKE! Not sure if you ever smoked a cigarette, but it is definaltely not the same.

ADAPT. OVERCOME. IMPROVISE.
-Tom Highway

Me: 43
W: 40
S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard