Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38
P
P
Judy,

Start a thread with your situation so that you can both journal which will help you think through all the problems you face, as well as give people a place to offer advice and solace. You're not alone. Sadly, not alone at all.

Pain is something we all share, so you're among some of the most sympathetic people. You may hear advice that is hard to take. Your heart will mislead you many times.

Have you read DR? I'd recommend it, as it'll explain a lot of the strategies people discuss here.

Good luck, and God be with you.

D
D
Originally Posted By: Judy42355
One month ago, my husband suddenly blind-sided me by saying that he was done. We had been "out of sync" for 2 days, but not actually fighting. I learned a week later that he had been communicating with another woman for about 10 days but not having an affair. I set him free; made it easy for him to go even while struggling to pay the bills alone. However, it is no easier to detach from him. I love him and expected to grow old with him. How do and when do the feelings go away? And when I read posts like this one, it just makes me want to wait for him to come back. Help! The pain is so difficult.

The emotional stuff starts fast. In my sitch, just have some women talking to me, and it pulled me from giving up on myself to standing up for myself. I see how If I continue on, and with inappropriate behavior it could lead to me disrespecting "the wife". ( current wife is on the way out as she is happy and comfortable disrespecting and tormenting me for her personal satisfaction ).

P
P
Nothing can make you feel horrible like the opposite sex, and nothing can make you feel better just as quickly.

Spent the afternoon looking at apts. in the area (just in case) and thoroughly enjoyed being shown around by a very flirtatious young woman. Now I could have easily been her father, but it felt great to know that there's still a little gas in the tank... wink

D
D
pinhead,

And a nice honey who loves you will put soo much gas back in the tank, that it will feel like drugs. You will be like "thats what I was missing", and "my OWN WIFE refused to spend small amounts of time on me?".

In the end she wanted to dominate you and make it all about her.

I will appreciate the love from a "GOOD WOMAN" much more after this experience.

P
P
DLS,

That's what gets me out of bed sometimes, realizing how good even an average relationship will be in comparison to what I've put up with for 11 years.

C
C
Funny this topic came up. I actually got several looks today and an actual "whistle" from a car of girls. WTF? AND I was carrying my D!!

AND still wearing my ring!

Last edited by CD Bear; 07/30/10 06:40 AM.
P
P
Happens every time, CD my bruthaman. Every time. It's the sudden "HeWhoCaresTheLeast" CONFIDENCE you're exuding that does it.

Puppy

C
C
Really? I wasn't expecting it at all. I found myself at the waterslide with D noticing that many of the attractive women with kids had no rings.

Might be a fun long weekend. I don't want or need anyone right now but the "interest" will help my confidence going forward.

Interesting you mentioned that "Cares the Least" quote. I have that one in my collection of excerpts.

I also met a friend of my sister last night (I helped her husband get her a new Mustang for her 40th b'day) who is now in D process. I told her I would point her in this direction.
Has a cake-eater/feet dragger. She believes MLC but I adhere to the theory there is no such thing. It's all WAS/Infidelity. I think MLC is a 'nice' expression for not confirming the EA/PA.

P
P
Originally Posted By: CD Bear
It's all WAS/Infidelity. I think MLC is a 'nice' expression for not confirming the EA/PA.

whistle whistle whistle

T
T
Quote:
I think MLC is a 'nice' expression for not confirming the

That would explain so many apparent mid life crisis running the gammut from 20 somethings through to 60 somethings. smile

Who cares about these arbitrary labels? OK, so let's say you wake up one day between 40-50 and think "crap, I want to have more fun in life, so I am dumping my wife and kids, and I am going trolling at singles bars--whoopie!".

Does it really matter at what age these thoughts pop into your head?

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard