Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
A
A
ok! I love this thread! I dig the idea of listing the ideal humidor ratios. Mine would be
maduro/oscuro: 30%
Camaroon: 20%
Sumatra: 20%
Corojo/colorado: 20%
Claro: 10%

Except my beloved Hoyo Excaliber #Is which smoke like a maduro. Maybe I'd have a seperate humidor just with those.

I like a nice Single Malt (Balvenie 21 in my cabinet now), but I also like a good Bourbon. Haven't tasted the Woodford, but I like the JD limited and old pinch. have you guys ever tried a good port with cigars? The flavors are really complimentary. It's weird though, Diet Coke is probably the thing I drink the most while smoking. It cools more and cleans the palate so all I taste is the smoke.

Puppy, I haven't heard of them either, but I trust a guy who writes them in a book. I used to do that when I was starting out. I'd also be willing to get in on Coach's deal.

Now I'm fired up about getting off work! Going to mow the lawn and sit on the stoop with a new CAO.

What is the alt universe anyway?

Last edited by A_goodman; 07/29/10 08:06 PM.

ADAPT. OVERCOME. IMPROVISE.
-Tom Highway

Me: 43
W: 40
S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
D
D
Originally Posted By: A_goodman
What is the alt universe?

It must be a secret that I am too dumb to figure out! Apparently I am not computer savvy enough.

C
C
Quote:

FB

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
D
D
Quote:
I like a nice Single Malt (Balvenie 21 in my cabinet now)

my preference is glenmorangie 18.

Quote:
Haven't tasted the Woodford

you are missing out.

D
D
Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:

FB

Right, but is there a group to join? I found the DB page, but can't find the people. I can only see a few who "like" this. Sorry if I am giving out too much info.

P
OP Offline
P
Goodman,

Is there a difference between Connecticut and claro? Aren't both mild wrappers, but the claro is greener? Or are they the same thing?

WITH my cigars, I almost always drink a Shiraz. Like your Diet Coke, it just seems to wet my palate better than hootch, and better than beer, too. Although if I'm at a buddy's house, by the pool, or on the golf course, or at the local Irish Pub, it's beer (preferably Sam Adams Pale Ale) with the 'gars.

Puppy

D
D
this topic is so evil. smile

Quote:
I almost always drink a Shiraz.

aussie shiraz. yum.

Quote:
at the local Irish Pub, it's beer (preferably Sam Adams Pale Ale) with the 'gars.

keeping my mouth shut on this one.

it does feel weird being the only female on this thread. at least, i think i'm the only female on this thread. smile

D
D
I love Pale Ale! It is my favorite and I recently tried an IPA called "Bitter Woman", and it is excellent and profoundly appropriate at the moment. I also like Liberty Ale, Sierra Nevada Pale, Flying Dog Pale.

I don't know too much about all the different kinds of 'gars tho. I usually stick with the medium brown wrappers and those labeled medium to full.

A
A
Ok. First off, the Bitter Woman made me crack up. I may have to go to the package store tomorrow. I'm on a Smithwicks kick lately and I found a Belgian that I LOVE. It's called triple carmelit (not sure about the spelling).

Pup, the Conneticut Shade wrappers would classically be called Claros (sometimes called English Market Selection) The green wrappers are either called Candella or American Market Selection. I guess bc they were very popular here in the 50s and 60s.

-Tom Highway

S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
A
A
Originally Posted By: DumpedforMIL
this topic is so evil. smile

Quote:
I almost always drink a Shiraz.

aussie shiraz. yum.

Quote:
at the local Irish Pub, it's beer (preferably Sam Adams Pale Ale) with the 'gars.

keeping my mouth shut on this one.

it does feel weird being the only female on this thread. at least, i think i'm the only female on this thread. smile

An evil topic for evil men }-)

You shouldn't feel weird though. It seems like you know your stuff booze wise! Besides, lots of women are smoking cigars nowadays. They taste good, It's very relaxing and to tell you the truth, it's kinda hot.

Here's a homework 180 for you. Go to the local cigar store, there will be a lot of guys willing to help you pick out a good smoke. Enjoy the attention and get a couple different gars to try out. Go home, put on some comfortable clothes, head out to the porch with a nice glass of Shiraz and fire one up.

I would look for a very mild one to start with. You can't go wrong with a Macanudo or a Dunhill. Also a brand named Pleades. Stay away from the darker wrappers to start. A good rule of thumb is lighter = milder. Also, I know the thin ones seem more lady like. I say screw that! Get a nice thick one. The higher the ring Gage, (how they measure thickness) the more different types of tobacco they can blend in. It adds complexity and smoothness. Now, length makes a difference. To start with go short. It takes less time and will make it easier to avoid getting light headed which is common to all beginners, ladies AND men.

Oh. One more thing, you need a cutter. They will have some cheap ones near the register. Buy one so you don't have to get them cut there. Once they're cut, they dry out faster. Store your extras in a zip lock or Tupperware. They should stayproperly humidified for a week or two that way. You definately don't want to smoke a dried out cigar. It will burn hot and be harsher. Have them show you where to make the cut.

Good luck! Trust me. It's a good thing.

-Tom Highway

S12 & S9
Married 17yrs
Together 20yrs
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard