Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 65 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 64 65
A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
She absolutely refuses to accept any responsibility for anything, especially the damage she's done since she left...especially to the kids. Our children are emotional wrecks...she doesn't want to hear of it. She's bound and determined to do as much damage as she can to hurt me now...and damn the torpedos! The consequences and repeurcussions mean nothing to her.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Good afternoon.

I feel pretty good right now. Got up early and took a 42 mile bicycle ride...got the endorphins bathing my gray matter. Yeah, it's been especially rough the closer we've gotten to the trial date. I hope things smooth out and get better. My son and I are doing really good together. I don't want any kind of war with her, but she texts me this crap...she's doing the very thing with my daughter that she falsely accuses me of doing with my son! I did send gucci's text to her...didn't matter, as she just kept on. She wants out of my life, and she wants our kids out of my life, and it pisses her off to no end that my son is preferring to be with me.

"You should tell her you're done, you've accepted the current situation and you'll be fine."

I plan on doing that when the time is right.

"When we keep engaging them it feeds the fire and they think we're still hurting and we're in pain which furthers their excitement."

I agree with what you say here. I think she gets some kind of satisfaction knowing that I still care. She likes to be able to hurt me now.

Yeah, it's (the trial) coming up in a couple of days. I hope I come out of this thing OK...she wants full custody of the kids, and she wants to devastate me financially and emotionally. I'm fighting it every step of the way.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
D
D
Originally Posted By: antlers
Good afternoon.

I feel pretty good right now. Got up early and took a 42 mile bicycle ride...got the endorphins bathing my gray matter. Yeah, it's been especially rough the closer we've gotten to the trial date. I hope things smooth out and get better. My son and I are doing really good together. I don't want any kind of war with her, but she texts me this crap...she's doing the very thing with my daughter that she falsely accuses me of doing with my son! I did send gucci's text to her...didn't matter, as she just kept on. She wants out of my life, and she wants our kids out of my life, and it pisses her off to no end that my son is preferring to be with me.

"You should tell her you're done, you've accepted the current situation and you'll be fine."

I plan on doing that when the time is right.

"When we keep engaging them it feeds the fire and they think we're still hurting and we're in pain which furthers their excitement."

I agree with what you say here. I think she gets some kind of satisfaction knowing that I still care. She likes to be able to hurt me now.

Yeah, it's (the trial) coming up in a couple of days. I hope I come out of this thing OK...she wants full custody of the kids, and she wants to devastate me financially and emotionally. I'm fighting it every step of the way.

All of this is part of her pleasure. They key is you have to let her go. Think about how life is going to be where you don't have such a negative force in it. Also know that there are other women out there who will value you just as you are, happy to take what you have to offer and who will want to give to you.

Let the wife go, and the pain goes away. Once you distance yourself from her, her attacks will have no effect on you. Some of the attacks use so many manipulations that it really is crazy, and its funny to look at.

G
G
ant,
I did send gucci's text to her...didn't matter, as she just kept on.
Then could you text her and inform her that you now immediately delete all texts from her unread?
Non-diatribe (e.g., kid, D business, etc.) info should be emailed or a phone call. Because, if texted, they won't be read.
Worth a shot?

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: DaddyLongShanks
Also know that there are other women out there who will value you just as you are, happy to take what you have to offer and who will want to give to you.

Let the wife go, and the pain goes away. Once you distance yourself from her, her attacks will have no effect on you.

Hi DLS.

I believe that, it just takes time for these things to come about.

I hope so. I'm ready.

A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi G.

Well, my attorney called this evening and said that they accepted our offer to try mediation, at the last minute. So, no trial tomorrow.

I
I
WOOOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told you antlers, if her attorney is any good your case shouldn't go to trial AND she's probably as concerned about it as you if not more!!

I'm so happy for you!!!

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks man. A trial is still possible though, if we aren't able to come to an agreement on the issues in mediation. But, instead of going to trial tomorrow, I'm gonna be taking a good long bicycle ride in the morning with a couple of friends. I'm looking forward to that.

G
G
Hi G.

Well, my attorney called this evening and said that they accepted our offer to try mediation, at the last minute. So, no trial tomorrow.
Good to hear.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

B
B
Hi Antlers,

I am happy that she is agreeing to mediation. I would guess that her lawyer convinced her that she will not get a better deal going to court than you are offering and to go to mediation.

I hope it can be worked out & that you both can put this behind you & move along in rebuilding your lives.

Sitting in a mediators office will also give you a chance to show her the new you and an impartial party will not allow 'abuse' by either of you towards the other in any form, including disrespect.

My thoughts & prayers are with you.
Peace
Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

Page 53 of 65 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 64 65

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard