Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 84 of 101 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 100 101
T
T
Quote:
Up until now, I felt we didn't need a separation agreement

Mistake. Keep not rocking the boat, and tell us how that turns out. The boat is her living elsewhere, sticking you with most of the bills while she plays at being single, right?

Geez, why would you want to rock that boat?

And you should have told your daughter it's her mom's dog, she adopted it, she needs to take care of it.

A little lesson in being responsible.

Sounds to me like your daughter is learning to treat you like crap from her mom too.

Quote:
"now Mom is so pissed at you"

Because she has to take care of her own dog? Hmm?

Seriously, if she's going to fight her battles through the kids and lie to them, you should get an attorney.

And if it were my daughter, I would say, "I will not listen to that kind of language anymore" (re: pissed).

Last edited by TimeHeals; 07/22/10 08:23 PM.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
T
T
PS. Why don't you get a book on how to establish healthy boundaries?

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
M
M
BeTheMan - Sorry, didn't realize this was your thread! HUG

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
B
OP Offline
B
Time Heals

I did tell my daughter that it's her mom's job to look after her dog - not mine and not her's or her brother. As for her saying "pissed" - she'll be 19 in about 2 weeks - she says worse!

I also called my WAW and told her to keep the kids out of things.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

R
R
even the kids are afraid of her LOL!

Quote:

She commented "now Mom is so pissed at you" "she's not coming over on Sundays" "she's not going to pay your cell phone bill anymore"

Mind you I wonder if they said tickety boo! when she left the home and moved away from them ;-)

They worry about her being angry and not coming over on sundays and not paying your cell phone bill.

Did they worry when she left the home and separated from you and broke up the family several months ago?

R
R
Originally Posted By: BeTheMan
Time Heals

I did tell my daughter that it's her mom's job to look after her dog - not mine and not her's or her brother. As for her saying "pissed" - she'll be 19 in about 2 weeks - she says worse!

Good man!

That's a boundary.

W
W
Hey BTM. As long as the W doesnt have to commit to anything, she's in control. By getting a separation agreement, the rules are set and she loses some control. Bravo!

Your W is getting pissed at you for asserting your boundries and this is the the typical response. At this stage, it's not a bad thing. It means you are behaving unexpectedly.

It's your turn to be selfish, brother. Go and enjoy your life, loosen up. Drop the rope. Be mysterious. Nothing can touch you.

Last edited by Sgfan; 07/22/10 08:46 PM.

Formerly SGfan
M:38
W:33
M:8 yrs
T:10 yrs
Bomb: Dec '08
Separated: 4/18/09
Divorce: 8/28/09
XW Affair began: April 08
R
R
Originally Posted By: BeTheMan

My cell was originally in WAW name and she has always paid the bill - even since we separated. Considering, I have been paying all the other bills for my house, that's no big deal. $65.00 per month on top of the thousands I currently spend per month doesn't scare me. I'm just hoping she will stay with our
agreememt of paying for grcoeries
etc for the kids and I. I can't afford everything on my own, and don't want to lose all my money battling in court.

I think you can find a way to handle it,
will it be tough, maybe, but you can find a way if you really want to, you've been taking care of 90% of things so far, I think the remaining 10% is something you can handle as well.

If that means tightening your belt, so be it.
If that means restricting the spending that occurs with the kids, you can do it.
You've taken 2 trips with the kids and the wife within the last several months, stop taking the wife on trips and I'm sure you've come up with grocery money.

Don't make excuses,
excuses don't explain and explanations don't excuse.

T
T
Quote:

Thank Goodness!

Setting boundaries and standing up for personal responsibility! Yeah.

Now work those 180s too: and this means... sometimes you have to get out of the house. I don't care if that's only going out for a walk when you are first starting.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
B
OP Offline
B
I have been walking every morning. I started right after our last vacation - since I gained 10 pounds in a week.

I spent a lot of time here today - because I needed the support. It's the end of the work day and I am feeling ok. Time to go home to MY house and see MY kids.

Expect to see lots of me in the next little while. I've got lots of work to do and suspect the toughest part is still to come.

5 years after my first visit and almost a year since I came back, and I am still alive. Thanks again to Rob, Puppy and others. There are days when you folks keep me sane.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

Page 84 of 101 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard