Originally Posted By: DaddyLongShanks
Originally Posted By: robx
Thats true robx.

of course it's true,
children learn from their parents,
it's not so different from animals.

It's a survival mechanism,
watch your parents, record their actions in your brain, emulate those actions, become them so that they can grow to be adults, mate with another adult, pass on genes/have children

wash - rinse - repeat

I grew up watching two parents who respected each other, who made joint decisions and who had lots of sex and fun together.

Of course I expected to have a wife who I'm enjoying life with and having tons of intimacy.

it's possible your wife had other ideas ;-)

- there are no guarantees in life,
it's just a whole lot easier dealing with life if you have the tools ready at your side to do so ;-)

D
D
Thats true robx.

of course it's true,
children learn from their parents,
it's not so different from animals.

It's a survival mechanism,
watch your parents, record their actions in your brain, emulate those actions, become them so that they can grow to be adults, mate with another adult, pass on genes/have children

wash - rinse - repeat

I grew up watching two parents who respected each other, who made joint decisions and who had lots of sex and fun together.

Of course I expected to have a wife who I'm enjoying life with and having tons of intimacy.

it's possible your wife had other ideas ;-)

- there are no guarantees in life,
it's just a whole lot easier dealing with life if you have the tools ready at your side to do so ;-)

Pass by some of these potential "ideas" robx.

One is that she wanted to get those kids out of me and make me a "babys daddy". Once the kids where there, no reason to be my wife anymore.

R
R
Quote:

One is that she wanted to get those kids out of me and make me a "babys daddy". Once the kids where there, no reason to be my wife anymore.

There are actual scientific discussions/investigations currently in place that tend to agree with this train of thought, sorry to say it but some of the science available tends to agree with this.

T
T
Quote:

DLS,

No offense, but you sound a bit bitter. I am in no position to judge you, but in the past I read comments from you where you absolutely recommended dating before the divorce was final, and I wondered how much of your bitterness (etc) is ego-driven?

Life throws things at you. Don't let it make you a bitter person. Let it make you a better person smile

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
D
D
Originally Posted By: TimeHeals
Quote:

DLS,

No offense, but you sound a bit bitter. I am in no position to judge you, but in the past I read comments from you where you absolutely recommended dating before the divorce was final, and I wondered how much of your bitterness (etc) is ego-driven?

Life throws things at you. Don't let it make you a bitter person. Let it make you a better person smile

I'm not bitter. Perhaps some of my earlier posts were ego driven. Still I know while it may not sound nice, if you are left all alone in a situation and the spouse is doing their own thing, perhaps after a certain amount of time dating will help to maintain yourself. Dating is really going to help your confidence.

I'm not a fan of being forced to be celibate because of my spouses choices.

Last edited by DaddyLongShanks; 07/22/10 06:39 PM.
D
D
Quote:

There are actual scientific discussions/investigations currently in place that tend to agree with this train of thought, sorry to say it but some of the science available tends to agree with this.

What also is truth, is what is the particular person "used" to seeing. What is "normal" to them. Perhaps you got with someone where a stable relationship format is just not normal.

S
S

so you have extra-marital sex? or are you just a monday morning quarterback?

D
D
Originally Posted By: Steve McQueen

so you have extra-marital sex? or are you just a monday morning quarterback?

Not yet. Thinking having her sign a notarized document stating that she agrees with me taking care of myself since she does not want to.

M
M
DLS -

I hardly post anymore, but your thread caught my eye. I was, where you are, for 2 1/2 years. I served my H last Wednesday. Forced celibacy does nothing but force a separation of mind, spirit, and marriage. It also harbors horrible resentment.

Done w/that!

Good Luck in whatever you do...

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
B
OP Offline
B
D18 texted me "why are you making Mom get rid of dog?". I replied "I"m not - just don't want her wrecking the house anymore".

I then called D18 to explain since I suck at texting. She commented "now Mom is so pissed at you" "she's not coming over on Sundays" "she's not going to pay your cell phone bill anymore"

My cell was originally in WAW name and she has always paid the bill - even since we separated. Considering, I have been paying all the other bills for my house, that's no big deal. $65.00 per month on top of the thousands I currently spend per month doesn't scare me. I'm just hoping she will stay with our
agreememt of paying for grcoeries etc for the kids and I. I can't afford everything on my own, and don't want to lose all my money battling in court.

Up until now, I felt we didn't need a separation agreement, and still won't rock the boat if she doesn't give me any other reason to. The cell phone bill still comes to my house addressed to her, so no big deal. And besides, now I don't want her to have any idea who I am talking to anyway.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

Page 83 of 101 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard