Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 78 of 101 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 100 101
E
E
BTM, if you're truly happy with the status quo, why are you here?

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: eeyore_no_more
BTM, if you're truly happy with the status quo, why are you here?

I'm not truly happy with the status quo - but I was moderately happy with the way things were going up until our vacation, where no one particular thing happened - but my WAW simply decided she was done.

Today I am dying inside all over again. Even the day she moved out there was some hope for the future. Now I can just barely breathe.

I am going to see if my family doctor will put me back on Prozac (I was only on it for a short period around the time of her move out). I an also hoping he will give me sleeping pills again. I got very little sleep last night and tonight would be worse, if I don't take a pill. Thankfully I have a few. I have not had to take them in about 6 months. Also, trying to get in to see the counselor I saw months ago as well. I may be an absolute mess, but at least I know it.

I am trying to appear ok in front of my kids. They don't need to know their Dad is destroyed. I just don't know how I am going to get through it again - this time even worse with no hope.

I miss her so bad it aches inside.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

B
OP Offline
B
I need some advice on this:

WAW bought a puppy a couple months ago, because she was lonely in her apt. After buying the puppy, WAW had to start working tons. It's going to be that way all summer. The pupy was upset at being home alone all the time, so I agreed the kids and I would look after her sometimes at our house. Well...now she is there ALL the time - along with the cat, dog, and bird we had before she walked away.

Since WAW told me yesterday that she is never coming home, I feel I should no longer be looking after the puppy. It is not trained at all and chews things and messes in the house. I don't wany MY house being ruined and I feel like I am being used.

Would this be a good time to stand up and tell WAW I want the dog out? I said we would remain friends, but I wouldn't let another friend's dog wreck my house. Is this an opportunity to show WAW a small hint of reality - or will I just come across as petty?

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

R
R
yup, set a boundary, you aren't the pet shop, the pet is her responsibility, have her take the puppy back.

R
R
you're allowed,
the fact that you're asking us just indicates that you're afraid to just say it like it is with her,
mind you, you don't seem to notice that your wife isn't afraid to say it like it is with you, ie. "not moving back home"

You don't have to be a prick or an a$$hole,
just say it like it is.

The puppy isn't your pet, it's time she brought him back to her place, you already have enough animals at your place that she left behind that she doesn't take care of, it's not fair to you for her to just drop off another animal at your place, time for her to take the puppy back asap.

R
R
no arguing

R
R
don't get sucked into an argument,
this has nothing to do with her statement from the previous day about not coming back home, this is only about the puppy and her taking care of it since she bought, it's her responsibility, not yours, and your kids.

B
OP Offline
B
Got it Rob. You just never give up on me.

I will make the call. Explain why I want the dog gone and then end the conversation. No arguing, no other conversation

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

B
OP Offline
B
I called immediately after typing the last post.

Conversation lasted less than 2 minutes. She of course, said "Oh Great! - You won't admit it, but this is beause of our conversation yesterday". I calmly said, it's been bothering me for a while, but I just can't have her their anymore.

WAW said "fine! Give me a couple days. I need to put an ad in the paper". I said "ok" and "thank you" and ended the call.

Wow.....I have tiny little balls! I know it pissed her off, and might even upset my D18 a little. But, I really don't want the dog there, and it's no longer my responsibility - especially after yesterday.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

S
S
Originally Posted By: BeTheMan
Since WAW told me yesterday that she is never coming home, I feel I should no longer be looking after the puppy. It is not trained at all and chews things and messes in the house. I don't wany MY house being ruined and I feel like I am being used.

You want crumbs? Them the crumbs.

Out of curosity, why don't you take the time to train the dog yourself? or give Cesar a call?

Page 78 of 101 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard