Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31
G
G
You're one class act, gima.

Her loss.

All the best to you - and it sounds like all the best is already beginning.

You were a friend to me from the beginning - and still are. I am truly happy for you.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Gardener
You're one class act, gima.

Her loss.

All the best to you - and it sounds like all the best is already beginning.

You were a friend to me from the beginning - and still are. I am truly happy for you.

Thanks friend. And I could say the same about you. I've learned a lot from you.

Sometimes you just have to DECIDE to be happy. Sometimes, it's easier. Right now, it's just easier for me, but there will be other times when it's not that way.

One of the women I have sort of been seeing lately thinks stbxw is having some sort of nervous break down or may be questioning her sexuality. Who knows. I'm interested in (1) my kids and (2) new lady friend!!! I KNOW kids love me and new lady friend sure seems interested...a LOT. Slow and steady, but this is, FUN!

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
S
S
Quote:
Second, LIFE IS GOOD folks. REAL good.

I have put some feelers out and have had coffee "dates" with a few women. More this coming week. I have been trading messages and spoken with one VERY attractive and interesting woman.

On Friday, I had coffee with a woman. Conversation was good, and I felt very in control. After leaving, within 5 minutes, she sent me a text to tell me I was very cute (her words) and fun to talk to. And, at that moment, it occurred to me that it has been a REALLY long time since I had heard that. And, it was...VERY encouraging. I'm in no hurry, but I am slowly embracing the obvious - that there are a lot of really nice, beautiful women out there who are looking for someone like me. And, I've never felt more equipped to deal with whatever comes my way.

Oh sweetie! I'm so happy to hear about that! I just knew you were too good of a catch to sit there unhappy for long. Guess it just took a good-looking gal to let you realize that, huh? wink

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: sandi2
Quote:
Second, LIFE IS GOOD folks. REAL good.

I have put some feelers out and have had coffee "dates" with a few women. More this coming week. I have been trading messages and spoken with one VERY attractive and interesting woman.

On Friday, I had coffee with a woman. Conversation was good, and I felt very in control. After leaving, within 5 minutes, she sent me a text to tell me I was very cute (her words) and fun to talk to. And, at that moment, it occurred to me that it has been a REALLY long time since I had heard that. And, it was...VERY encouraging. I'm in no hurry, but I am slowly embracing the obvious - that there are a lot of really nice, beautiful women out there who are looking for someone like me. And, I've never felt more equipped to deal with whatever comes my way.

Oh sweetie! I'm so happy to hear about that! I just knew you were too good of a catch to sit there unhappy for long. Guess it just took a good-looking gal to let you realize that, huh? wink

Hey Sandi!!! I think one of the things I learned here is that I had to be the one to realize I was a catch before I could be one. But, hearing I am from a woman who is very interesting certainly helps!!!!

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
E
E
Just checking in to see how things are going for you Gima.

I'm happy to see that things are going as they are. Good for you. You deserve it!

-EB

Me: 35
W: 31
S:9
M: 10 years
Together 13
MySitch - Ups & Downs
She moved out the day before Thanksgiving 2009, over 13 months post-bomb.
T
T
GIMA - I am discovering the same things. There is something to be said for an LBH who tries to keep their M together as long as we have and the right people recognize the value in that type of commitment we had to our families.

I am now realizing what I have lived without for a few years now (someone who appreciates me) and it feels great to meet new people.

Who knows, I may thank OM some day! I hope things continue to go well for you.

ME/XW:47
S21, D19, S15, S14
M:21 T:26
W moved 6/10 I filed 7/10 D final 4/12 remarried 8/12
W wants to R 12/10 and 4/11 but I decline
G
OP Offline
G
Just checking in after a long time away. We tell the kids about the D tomorrow. Not looking forward to it, but I can handle it.

Apart from the fallout on the kids, everything else is good. Found a great condo intown. Job is busy. Social calendar is full.

Say some prayers for me tomorrow people. Really, for my kids.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
G
G
gima,
Be assured of my prayers for you and your children tomorrow.
Id STBXW still going to lead the discussion with you saying you don't want this.
Or has your original plan and thinking on this changed?
Good for you about the condo.
My social calendar is EMPTY...how 'bout some pointers? wink

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Gardener,

Thanks. Prayers will help.

My plan has not changed. She will tell the kids, with me present. She will not tell them anything suggesting I agree with the D or that this was a joint decision.

Pointers, I don't know. Guess I was due for a break. And got one.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
M
M
Prayers for you GIMA

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08