Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
N
N
(((WCW))) thinking of you... congrats on the rankings. I don't know much about horses, but that sounds real good and besides you're a "world champion" in these parts smile

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
This past week has gone by as fast as a frog trying to get out of the way of the lawn mower! wow

I did mostly okay at the last show but always wish for more and better. My most proud moment was when my little leadliner finished first in her class on my mare! Just 5 years old in only her 2nd ever show and she kicked butt!

H seems very busy but he is home a lot more and still redoing the basement for a portion of his business stuff. I benefit too as he finally fixed some of the deteriorating exterior of the house. yeah!!

I still get many calls for H on my phone and I pass the message along to him. Then I get repeat calls because he doesn't return the calls, and I feel like a nag when I remind him or say the person called again. Any ideas how to deal with this better?

Some management training at work contained this and it seemed so much like DBing!
When it comes to relationships, the challenge that confronts us is that we often want more than we are willing to work for. Sometimes our desire for quality relationships is greater than our willingness to engage in the hard work necessary to build them. When this happens, our relationships fall short of their potential. Or worse, they become difficult and painful. When it comes to relationships, be careful of wanting more than you are willing to work for. The grass is always greener where you water it.

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
WCW #2051035 08/05/10 10:00 AM
B
B
Quote:
Any ideas how to deal with this better?

Write down the messages on stick-it notes and stick it on somewhere where he will see it. It's not for you to keep at him to return calls, but it must be annoying when people keep calling. They probably think you didn't give the message. If he doesn't want to get back to people then that's his problem.

Otherwise, things seem to be going well.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
S
S
WCW,

Any chance of contacting the places that leave messages on your phone and giving them contact info directly to your H or his message service?

N
N
can you forward the messages to his phone?

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Those are all good ideas and I have tried each of them. H is always on only his time schedule and returning calls is not on the top of his list. It grates me when I keep getting called because he has not returned the call, yet I don't want to be the nag or sound like a skipping record....or sound like a skipping record......or sound like a skipping record.....

Financially H is still a mess but he is no longer in denial about it and is at least trying. I still feel the fallout as he has not helped with anything that used to be 'joint' bills like mortgage, utilities, etc. Good news is a simple rewrite of the mortgage and I drop 1.22% and save a couple hundred a month.

Today was a return of memories as I saw one of the vets that assisted the day I found my dear Mother Mare down. I always wanted to thank him for his knowledge and kindness on the dreadful day 3 years ago now. He also remembered the day well and we talked quite a while and he was glad to hear how she turned out, and also had to look away when I told him we lost Mother Mare a year later.

Circle of life continues - I need to go get busy packing as I pull out early am to head to a show with my best mare, a Mother Mare daughter.

Wow, this sounds like a downer post but in reality I don't feel that way at all!

WCW #2052138 08/07/10 12:42 AM
S
S
WCW,

Best of luck at the horse show!

K
K
Thinking of you. I hope you had a lovely weekend.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Another week flew by!

One night H and I were on our way to pick up friends and attend a meeting. On the way H made a comment about a real stupid thing I had done recently, so I used the chance to explain some of the stressors in my life that have been affecting my sanity. H had quite a lot to say but stopped when company joined us, and at the end of the evening when we were alone again he picked up the conversation right where we left off.
Interesting for sure, and it felt good to confide some things and get some good feedback from H.

Other than that I've been mega busy at work and lazy at home. Looking forward to a weekend at home even if it is filled with people and activities.

WCW #2057586 08/16/10 11:07 PM
W
WCW Offline OP
OP Offline
W
H and I went to a wedding last weekend and the officiator started with this story -
A chicken told the pig she heard the farmer talk about having ham and eggs for breakfast the next morning.
The pig started to cry.
The chicken asked the pig what was wrong?
The pig said that thinking about ham and eggs for breakfast made him cry.
The chicken asked what made him cry about breakfast?
The pig told the chicken that for you it was just a contribution, for me it is a total commitment.

Two people in a marriage cannot make contributions, that each are giving 50% to make 100%.
Each person must give 100% of yourself to the marriage.

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard