Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
T
Thinker Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Stbx Mrs. T is so determined to angry and resentful that I am finding it comical.

She's angry because it is 'her weekend' with the boys and Iam in the house this weekend instead of dissapearing somewhere. (It's my house too)

She's angry that the boys want to spend time with me.

She was angry that I went to S7's baseball game this morning, and was angry that S5 wanted to come with me.

And then she was angry this afternoon because I was leaving the house to go out and she had suddenly decided that she wanted to go out and needed me to watch the boys.

She's even angry because I'm working to fix up the house for sale and this is disrupting things in the house a bit.

What a miserable path she's choosing for herself.

Me 42, W 39, S8, S6, S2
M 11y, A & ILYBNILWY 11/08
Walking away from a bad situation.

My Sitch

Strength and Compassion
No Resentment
G
G
Reality bites.
Greek

Me45 H46
T25 M22
S21 & 19
D13
Separated and filed 8/08
Moved home 11/08

Happily ever after is one day at a time.
T
Thinker Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Had a great fathers day - just did all sorts of stuff with the boys: breakfast, pet shopping, swimming pool, movies.

Me 42, W 39, S8, S6, S2

My Sitch

Strength and Compassion
No Resentment
T
Thinker Offline OP
OP Offline
T
While at breakfast with the boys at a diner on Fathers Day morning:

S7: "I Spy with my little eye something that is gray"

me and S5: "is it near? is it far? is it big? is it small? etc..." trying to guess.

Me: "OK, we give up. What is it?"

S7: (giggling loudly) "It's your hair!"

Me 42, W 39, S8, S6, S2

My Sitch

Strength and Compassion
No Resentment
T
Thinker Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Predictably but painfully, stbxw is now denying (once again) that we have agreed to a 50/50 custody sharing. She is bitterly claiming that the current 50/50 schedule is only a test, not an agreement, and that it "isn't even working".

Her reasoning for why it isn't working...? because I still expect her to be responsible for the boys during normal business hours when I am working.

I've told her that I support her going back to work at any time, and that we'll find a way to pay for child care so she can do this, but she doesn't like that answer. She wants me to try to care for the kids during the work day and work full time to bear 100% of the financial responsibility at the same time (and of course to fail at it).

Me 42, W 39, S8, S6, S2

My Sitch

Strength and Compassion
No Resentment
C
C
Quote:
50/50 custody sharing.

+

Quote:
She wants me to try to care for the kids during the work day and work full time to bear 100% of the financial responsibility at the same time

= Entitlement Program

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
T
Thinker Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: Coach

= Entitlement Program

Right Coach,

It's that, plus she is trying to set up 50/50 custody to be such an impossible task for me that I fail at it (or admit failure and quit)

Me 42, W 39, S8, S6, S2

My Sitch

Strength and Compassion
No Resentment
D
D
Thinker,

I pick up the kids on saturday morning. I have them thru tuesday morning. so the only day I have to worry about child care is monday. Somedays I can work from home, somedays I will get after school care. Seems to be working so far. People say I am giving up my weekends, however, I have the best kid time. I still have friday nights to go out..

Remarried 6 mo
S 12
S 13
S 16
SD 12
SD 16
SD 17
SS 19
T
Thinker Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I wouldn't have any trouble giving up my weekends like that. How does your stbxw feel about it? she's giving up the fun time with the kids.

Me 42, W 39, S8, S6, S2

My Sitch

Strength and Compassion
No Resentment
Thinker #2025371 06/23/10 02:34 AM
T
Thinker Offline OP
OP Offline
T
So here's one out there for anyone who is reading and wants to weigh in.

My stbxw just threatened to use her L (and in her own words, to "spend thousands of dollars of our money") to prevent me from taking S2 with me and the other 2 boys on a camping trip this weekend.

I've been planning a trip for the past month. It's an easy one - drive to a flat, pine-wooded state park near us, pitch a tent near the car, and hang out for the weekend. I want to take all 3 boys because I think it will be fun for S2 to come along. There's no rivers or lakes near our campsite, no traffic since we are at the end of a dirt road, etc. A friend of mine is coming with me, so there will be 2 adults.

This evening, a month after I originally told her I was taking them, she said "I'm not comfortable with you taking him and I see no reason for him to go". When I replied that I disagreed and was going to be taking him, she threatened to go to her L to get her L to stop me.

As an aside, just what does she think the L is going to do?

When I brushed that off she escalated to "If anything happens, that's IT!"

That's what? if he get's hurt then you'll ... divorce me??

But this leaves me between a bit of a rock and a hard place.

Do I want him to come with us? Yes, I think he'd have a great time and be perfectly safe. Probably safer than he would be at home where there are cars, stairs, doors that slam, and pools to fall into.

Am I concerned that she will use this (Endangering him by taking him camping) as an argument in the custody case? YES!

Am I willing to leave him with her? Yes. In the grand scheme of things it's not this one weekend is not that big of a deal. I'm willing to be flexible, but...

Do I want to set a precedent that she can dictate what I can or can't do with the boys during my time with them? NO!

Do I want her to be able to argue during the coming custody battle that I don't really take care of ALL of the boys during my time with them, since I "ALWAYS leave him with her"? - NO!

It's kind of like whether or not to negotiate with a terrorist.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear what any of you think...

Me 42, W 39, S8, S6, S2

My Sitch

Strength and Compassion
No Resentment
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard