Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 125 of 156 1 2 123 124 125 126 127 155 156
S
S
Thanks Mila, I'm having a gentle Friday night. Just chillin after a day in the theme park.

Great news with not having to take the classes to get re-licensed!
You're just full of PHs!

You have a choice to make when H comes to work in the garden. You can either be gone or be HOT in more ways than one while you sun yourself by the pool. Have fun either way!

M
Mila Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you CW & SA

Struggling with Father's day. Should I acknowledge or not?

Thinking of sending him an email tomorrow.

"It's Father's day today....I haven't heard from you on Mother's day, so this may nor be welcomed. I just remembered you on this day and wanted to thank you for giving me D. Enjoy your day."

Should I? It doesn't matter what's going on with us...he is still D's father.....

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
C
C
Hey Mila

My kids got cards and some candy for their Dad. I decided to not say anything to him. He did not aknowledge Mother's Day with me or even take the kids to get cards for me so I will "mirror" what he did.

If you say anything I would just leave it at "thankyou for giving me D" happy father's day.

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
S
S
Mila, I'm struggling with whether to say anything or not for Father's Day, myself. My H didn't acknowledge Mother's Day either except to tell D11 that since it was Mother's Day she should be home with me instead of seeing him for his weekly visit.

The children didn't do anything for him as he is out of town on vacation again. They figured he wasn't concerned enough about seeing them on Father's Day that they'd just text him to tell him, Happy Father's Day.

This is so strange as I used to love helping make this day special for him. frown

I may text him the message that CW suggested as I am blessed with our children.

Maybe some of our vets will chime in?

G
G
I agree with CW and SA. Their suggestions are very much in line with what Jody (DB) has always recommended to me: mirror the WAH's actions. I don't have children,..... just wasn't in the cards for me,..... but I do have a very precious pure white cat with a coat as thick and soft as a bunny rabbit's. When we moved in together H/XH chose to have her live with us (he took allergy shots) even though he is highly allergic to cats. He always thought of her as a small, white puppy dog and still keeps her photo on the desktop of his iPhone. ;-) ....On Mothers Day he texted me out of the blue "Happy Mothers Day", so I think I will do the same tomorrow.........If the weather clears up, XH and I are supposed to go kayaking this afternoon.

GAG

P
P
I absolutely agree. I think "thank you for D" should suffice. My WH didn't acknowledge Mother's Day. He used to always tease me that I wasn't his mother, but he got me something anyway. This year, nada.

ME: 54
Him: 51
M: 20 years T: 21 years
OW/New wife: 36
Sons & Daughters: 7 (ages 24-36)
Bomb: March 4, 2010
He Filed: April 28, 2010
I Contested: May 1, 2010
Standing Down: 11/24/10
Divorced : 05/04/2011
G
G
Mila I may be the minority, but I always took the high road. Meaning if I felt like wishing my h Happy Father's Day then I did. I didn't look at it for what did he do for me, but how I felt.

I tried not to look at my situation as what should I do, but responded from my heart. If my heart felt I should acknowledge then I did. I took the higher road.

Now once you decide what direction to take, you need to be ok with what you choose. For example, if your h doesn't give a thank you or even acknowledge your call or v-mail you need to be content with what you did and not feel like oh I shouldn't have done that since he didn't respond.

There were many times I got NO response back, but I was ok with it since it was from my heart. Hope this makes sense.

What is your heart telling you to do Mila?

Me 50
H 42
S 22
S 9
D 7
M 12
T 17
H moved out 8/2006
H moved home 1/2007 for 3 weeks
H moved home 5/2011 for good

"Learn from yesterday ~ Live for today ~ And hope for tomorrow"
M
Mila Offline OP
OP Offline
M
CW, SA, GAG, Punkin & Glam

Thanks for you opinions on Father's Day. I think that I will send the email. But will scale it down as you guys have suggested. I don't want to make him feel guilty that he didn't wish me a happy mother's day, so I will leave that line out. I don't care if he acknowledges my email or not....I'm just being me...he can do with it what he wants.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL OF DB DADS AND MOMS DOING DAD'S WORK smile

H came yesterday to work outside, I stayed out of his way. I was getting ready to go out and went to sit outside by the pool to paint my nails. He was sitting there as well....I didn't say anything just concentrating on my manicure...after long silence he started to talk about business, I said that I'm sorry, but I don't really want to talk about business on Saturday afternoon. And we were quiet again...just sitting at the same table and not a word, finally he got up, said bye, I cheerfully replied and he left.

He actually took D to work, because she needed to go just when he was leaving and he also picked her up after work and took her home.

I went out with my new GF. We shared a bottle of wine and had something to eat...and talked and talked...it was lots of fun. We were at a restaurant, not a bar and still 2 guys wanted to join us at our table, we declined. My GF is single so I asked her if this is how it works...she said yes....and she wouldn't mind talking to the guys but they were way too young and not all that cute...lol

The dating business scares me....I'm not going to worry about it yet...

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
M
M
Mila, you did well listening to your gut again, or should I say, "as usual."

My H ditched the kids for his OW today, and they're not happy, but that's fine. They'll forget soon enough.

You show your H class and that's fine, class is never bad.

Positive Lifetime Attitude Award: http://tinyurl.com/2dssttf

H in MLC?: http://tinyurl.com/23fabv8

Infidelity: Expose or Not? http://tinyurl.com/26ksmfj
K
K
Hi Mila...I think you handled yourself well talking with your H last week! Hoping you have a great week!

Kissak

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." Psalms 56:3
M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Came and went too MANY times!
Gone again 10-25-10
Page 125 of 156 1 2 123 124 125 126 127 155 156

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard