Who said anything about hitting the guy?? confused

A
A
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Who said anything about hitting the guy?? confused

Gloria Steinham wink

T
T
Most R/o are good at 300 feet and i would put your kids and wife on that one i had to fight a false one that the judge threw out and told the ex he didnt want to see her again.

Me 37
Waw 32
son2
bomb 8/11/09
O/M 12/25/09
Divorce filed 8/25/09
divorce finale 6/16/10
Divorce putt on hold 6/16/10
Divorce postponed STBXW idea 8/8/10
S
S
Originally Posted By: ken5140
W just googled "I hate marriage".

Ask her WHAT about marriage she hates.

Don't blame, don't be snarky, just go on a fact-finding mission and ask questions, like a reporter.

She may say vague things like, "I feel trapped" or "I hate all the obligations," etc. Ask her HOW she feels trapped and WHAT obligations. Dig deeper. You're trying to get inside her head.

Again, don't judge, don't condemn. She's acting this way for a reason, and you're trying to get to the root of the problem. She may not be able to articulate what the problem IS, may not have the right words for it, but this exercise might give you some insight.

How do you win someone to YOUR way of thinking? By seeing things THEIR way first (Dale Carnegie, "How to Win Friends and Influence People").

Try it and see.

P
P
Originally Posted By: Seeing Red
W just googled "I hate marriage".

Ask her WHAT about marriage she hates.

Don't blame, don't be snarky, just go on a fact-finding mission and ask questions, like a reporter.

She may say vague things like, "I feel trapped" or "I hate all the obligations," etc. Ask her HOW she feels trapped and WHAT obligations. Dig deeper. You're trying to get inside her head.

Again, don't judge, don't condemn. She's acting this way for a reason, and you're trying to get to the root of the problem. She may not be able to articulate what the problem IS, may not have the right words for it, but this exercise might give you some insight.

How do you win someone to YOUR way of thinking? By seeing things THEIR way first (Dale Carnegie, "How to Win Friends and Influence People").

NOT WITH AN ADDICT, who is still "using."

Ordinarily, I'd agree, Red, and that book is probably THE most influential book (other than the Bible) I've ever read (first read it when I was 17). But you can't reason with an addict when they're still in contact with the source of their addiction. Ken's wife feels "trapped" and "hates marriage" because she's having an affair, her brain is awash wit PEAs, and she sees her husband as THE main obstacle to getting her fix, unencumbered.

Puppy

A
A
I agree pup... It's a good book but using that right NOW in this situation will just make things worse, not to mention, its blatant pursuit...

K
ken5140 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
In light of what Pup and Allen are saying, I'll hold off on the pursuit for now. Pardon my ignorance, but what book are we talking about?

I got Father's day gifts from the kids this morning and W is planning to go visit her sister (who incidentally is going through a divorce) in Puerto Rico for a week leaving the kids here. And that's fine with me. I really see a problem with it.

My wife is asking for a divorce and I don't completely understand why.
A
A
Unless OM is on a plane there as you type this it should be fine ya...

S
S
Quote:
One of the books that was loaned to her is called "Every Woman's Battle".

That is a fantastic book for women! Especially those who fantasize about other relationships, OM, etc.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
S
S
What book are we talking about?

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. It was written in the 1930's.

W is planning to go visit her sister (who incidentally is going through a divorce) in Puerto Rico for a week leaving the kids here. And that's fine with me. I really see a problem with it.

Originally Posted By: Allen A
Unless OM is on a plane there as you type this it should be fine ya...

That was my first thought. Unfortunately, your SIL will side with your WW and lie for her if he IS there. Check with OMW to see if he's on a trip this week...

Page 68 of 80 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 79 80

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard