Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 67 of 80 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 79 80
A
A
She sounded intrested? Did BLOOD have to be spilt before she figured out this was a bad idea?

OM showing up in a church?

I want to know why that church hasn't thrown him OUT yet... I feel sorry for his kids...

On the good news front Ken my bet is your wife seeing OM shoving you likley put yet another dent in the fantasy... I somehow don't think that's what she envisions her romantic knight in shining armor to be doing... shoving people in a church...

You have this in the bag Ken, keep it up smile

K
ken5140 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Not only did he shove me, but he said, "Let's take this outside!" To which I said, "OK, let's go...do what you gotta do, man!" But my wife stopped him. I would have loved to call the cops on him. But now that he's done this, it would probably be easy to get a restraining order on him. The question is, would that help my sitch? W has asked me not to do that.

My wife is asking for a divorce and I don't completely understand why.
A
A
Yes, do it... IGNORE your WIFE... she just doens't like facing REALITY

Shove reality at your wife relentlessly Ken... She talks to him on the phone or whatever, YOU keep hitting her with reality... it will burst the fantasy bubble... which I think is happening already but this will just do it all the moreso...

Get the restraining order... You are killing her fantasy Ken... keep at it... get that RO

Last edited by Allen A; 06/19/10 09:01 PM.
K
ken5140 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
OK I'll try to do that. But I'm wondering if he's already at the church if I would then have to be the one to leave. Hmmm...

W is reading right now so that's a good thing. One of the books that was loaned to her is called "Every Woman's Battle". I think that will be a very good read for her.

A
A
Ken, I would reccomend you read these as well... You need to be prepared on her reaction to what she's read... Don't just trust the cover... Find out what she's reading in detail...

Don't TALK to her about it, just wait for her to go out and skim them... research them on the www... some of us here may have already read some of the titles...

A
A
I honeslty don't know how the RO would work re the church Ken... you would have to find that out when you apply...

The point is to GET IT so you put another dent in this fantasy of hers...

Originally your wife was envisioning this knight in shining armour who was charming, kind, etc...

You having to contact the police and get a restraining order on this man because he was shoving you in a church will turn that upside down...

This is what she needs to see Ken, reality. Cold, simple, truth...

P
P
I dunno, Allen, I kinda think his wife may perceive a restraining order as a sign of weakness -- trying to get the law to do for him what he's unwilling to do for himself, and that's stand up for himself.

I once heard a quote from Gloria Steinham, who was lamenting modern-day feminism, and all of the workplace "sexual harrassment" laws and other such minutae. I'm paraphrasing here, but she said something like "What's wrong with these women? Screw running to a supervisor, and a judge -- just knee the guy in the b*lls and tell him if he ever does that to you again, there's more where that came from."

It's kinda the same thing.

Puppy

K
ken5140 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
W just googled "I hate marriage".

A
A
Yes I get that, but if you followed Gloria's advice most of these women would be in jail for assault...

When someone shoves you in a church the ADULT thing to do is to get the law to handle it in my opinion...

Ken CAN handle the RO in a way that sets an example of maturity and adulthood, OR he can handle it in a way that makes him look like a coward and a fool, hoping to hide behind a piece of paper...

If Ken verbally announces to his wife he's getting the RO to protect his KIDS from this man, that he does NOT want his CHILDREN around violent men, I think that will help his case...

This man is a bully, yes, but confronting him man to man isn't going to end well... This guy's gonna throw a punch, Ken's gonna throw one back... I just don't see his wife GROWING UP with an experience like that.. It will just FEED this childish romance fantasy of hers... Having two men beating each other senseless for her affection... I don't advocate that... The marriage needs SERIOUS adult example... Not more romantic fantasies realized...

Ken could end up in jail and the OM not charged at all... The law is fickle that way... I don't think one should roll the dice with that...

When there is a home and children involved, fisticuffs are not the best solution... and this OM is clearly not going to back off simply from intimidation...

I think smarts is the way to beat this guy... Not with fists...

Last edited by Allen A; 06/20/10 01:38 AM.
A
A
Originally Posted By: ken5140
W just googled "I hate marriage".

You need to find out what she's reading Ken

Page 67 of 80 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 79 80

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard