Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
G
Great post, O'D!
Originally Posted By: orangedog
Skip the dating BS and just be yourself dammit!
My entire, wordy post in one sentence! grin

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
G
Quote:
Hey, don't toss out the cap! I for one find a woman with a pony tail sticking out the back of a baseball cap pretty darn sexy.

Oh Yeah, totally hot!:)

Bomb 8/09. Brief piecing 12/10. D-2/12
Two incredible kids D9,S6 Leading new life!
“Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."
L
L
Originally Posted By: gabbysmom23

HAHA, I don't think he is wondering that! I do look out of my league, lets face it, I am OK looking, but am I what a rich single Dr. wants? prob not....

Well as an almost rich, soon to be single doctor, I can honestly say that we are in fact the same human beings wanting honesty, love, attraction, respect etc. So don't put yourself down!

So hope is not lost!

Reality is that which, if you don't believe in it, doesn't go away.
S
S
@gabbysmom23: ...am I what a rich single Dr. wants? prob not....his striking good looks, and his money. We all know he could have his pick of any woman!

You know who might not know that? Doctor Man, Himself.

Maybe Doctor Man has been burned by women attracted to a good-looking rich doctor who see a nice payday in their future. Maybe Doctor Man isn't superficial. Maybe Doctor Man doesn't realize he has striking good looks (low self-esteem is gender neutral). Maybe Doctor Man is interested in a legit Good Woman. Maybe Doctor Man has just been too dam busy being Doctor Man to even give it much thought and would simply be happy/grateful that someone asked him out and treated him like a normal human being and not like Man And Superman.

I have no idea what is going through a guys head!

With some (minor) variation, it pretty much goes like this on any given day:

Wakeup: Sex, coffee, food.
Morning: Sex, coffee, sports, sex, coffee, sports, sex, carburetors, sex. And "work" might get squeezed in there for a few nano-seconds.
Lunch: Food, sex, sports.
Afternoon: Sex, sports, "research" on the Internet, sex, researching sex on the Internet, sports, researching sports on the Internet, snacks, coffee, sex. And "work" might get squeezed in there for a few more nano-seconds.
Dinner: Food, sex, drinks, sex, taxi fare.
Bedtime: Sex.

We're pretty basic, we lads.

@lilac: within the past three months I relocated from MA to San Francisco.

That would tend to make things more difficult. Perhaps you're coming off the starting blocks too quickly (@gabbysmom -- see? sports metaphor!). Maybe just get the lay of the land, so to speak (see? sex metaphor!), before you try to figure out who what where how. If there's a particular interest you have, you could consider a class at one of the kajillion universities in SFO. Or an alumni group in town from Whatever State U, etc. Maybe get unpacked a bit.

B
B
Quote:
Suzy, you are 45? you do not look it AT ALL. Use that to your advantage. 40 is your age range..... 5 year difference is nothing. My ex SIL is going ot be 32, she is looking at engagements rings with her 25 year old live in boyfriend! Great guy he seems, mature, caring, good with kids (he loves Gabby and vice versa.

Thanks Gineen....some days I feel younger, some days I feel older! LOL It all depends on how much sleep I get! I don't think 5 years is too big of a deal eithr, as long as they don't want to get married right away and don't want to have kids!

Quote:
I guess I am a little nervous too, because I was with douchebag for so long, I have no clue what its like ot have a mature respectful R. Hopefully I don't mess it up someone when i start to date a real man! Oh boy, this really all scares me!

I totally know how you feel about that. I was talking to a guy friend and said that I was hesitant to be in a relationship becausse i don't know if I could ever let anyone have that much control over me ever again....he reminded me that in a fuctional relationship there aren't control issues! It is going to be hard for me to keep that in mind and not think the worst!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
K
K
What about taking any kind of class which doesn't fall in the normal "women" catagory. Home Depot offers Saturday classes. So you could learn something useful and still meet people. Even if you meet some other women, maybe they have a brother or a good guy friend to set you up with. Just saying.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
L
L
lol! I'm not sure I have the right apparatus for you as one of the few gays in the village!

Be apprehensive. Be nervous. It is all the stuff that gives you that little adrenaline rush that puts you at your best.

Flirt to the best of your ability! Everyone loves to be flirted with, even if they don't want it to go any further. You'll put a smile on his face at least.

Reality is that which, if you don't believe in it, doesn't go away.
G
G
Quote:
Suzy, you are 45? you do not look it AT ALL. Use that to your advantage. 40 is your age range..... 5 year difference is nothing. My ex SIL is going ot be 32, she is looking at engagements rings with her 25 year old live in boyfriend! Great guy he seems, mature, caring, good with kids (he loves Gabby and vice versa.

Suzy, don't let the age difference get to you.
My STBX was five years younger than I. Now I am seeing someone who is 10 years older than me. She's attractive and extremely fun and easy to be around.

Have fun and go with it. smile

Bomb 8/09. Brief piecing 12/10. D-2/12
Two incredible kids D9,S6 Leading new life!
“Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."
B
B
Quote:
Suzy, don't let the age difference get to you.
My STBX was five years younger than I. Now I am seeing someone who is 10 years older than me. She's attractive and extremely fun and easy to be around.

An age difference of 5 years wouldn't bother me. Not sure about 10 years! I was laughing over rmy experience last weekend....the guy was 27!!! That's way too close in age to my oldest daughter!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
C
C
a dating post! finally, lol, I wanted to whine about my match.com date and give some words of advice:

STOP the wild expetations: at some point, i was SURE I was going to marry this guy! We emailed for a week, then texted a lot for another, he came on really strong, asking for a pict of me every day, sending a pict of him shirtless... asking for more time for our first date (i told him I had to go somewhere but changed my mind) Long story short, we met, had a great time...he was pleasant to talk to but never tried to connect... didnt' call back after all that fuss with the txts...

I can't believe how sure I was we were going to end up together... it was my first date ever after x and I d'd. Had 2 false leads (didnt get to set up a date with two) , was on match for a few days but just got feed up and quit. As my friend said, we are so ready to be in love that we don't really think... that was me... but I don't want to put a dog and pony show for anyone nor hope against hope that they like me or anything, I want to be loved for who I am, faults and all.

My profile is down... I ask God that if a looser will make my life heck then please let me stay single... my life is great as it is..enjoying my little ones...

And no, not looking for Tom Cruise anymore smile if it happens and if the guy treats me with respect and loves me and my kids then that will be more than enough for me, I would have to be attracted to him of course, but I am not as silly as I used to be about looks smile

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard