Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Mate!

I was on the oldest Coast Guard cutter from 1978 to 1980 and we mostly did foreign fishery patrols in the Bering Sea. I never heard of a fantail firefly. We did do some fantail jumping in heavy seas that seemed a bit dangerous. You wait until the fantail reached the crest of a wave and jump, then the fantail would drop into the trough and you would be left hanging in the air. I always worried that when I came back down that there would be no ship there to catch my fall - only friged cold water.

J
J
I did some fan tail jumping too...and yeah same concern.

Fantil fireflies...

lets say a cutter busted 3 bales of marijuana

lets say rumors said that 2 bales made it back.

fan tail fireflies are, lets call them cigarettes, what cigarettes look like when you thow them overboard at night cause an O is coming back to a place you aren't supposed to be smoking...however as rumor has it...in this case something you aren't supposed to be smoking.

Last edited by Jack_Three_Beans; 06/11/10 07:29 PM.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
We had a good number of guys who toked at sea. But we also had a good number of captain's masts because of it. I tried it once at sea, but it made me too paranoid.

When I was at Group Corpus Christi, one of our 82 footer's made a 12 ton bust. My buddies at one of the small boat stations (Port Aransas) helped the DEA unload the bales and made sure that a good amount fell on the ground for later use.

Another time when I was on watch in the operation center of the air station, one of our helicopter's brought in a bale it found floating in the gulf. They stored it in our parking lot and the Commander told me to keep an eye on it from the 2nd floor so as to make sure it was not getting smaller. My roomate was begging me to turn my head when he went back to his car - I said no as I felt the Commander was testing me. I had been busted in rank just a couple months before for pot smoking and I did not want to get in any more trouble. I gained the rank of E5 twice, but alas, I did not get out of the Coast Guard with a good conduct award.

M
M
Happy Birthday Kerry!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

G
G
Kerry,
Originally Posted By: KerryK
Thanks Gardener. The sig line will change soon enough - when my daughter is 8 and my son is 10.
As long as that "young divorced Dad" line doesn't change!
I'll be changing mine to 57 soon and my philosophy is "I'm younger now than I'll ever be again!"
I used to tell my nephews when they asked me why I was so "cool" and "youthful":
Youthful equals muscle (I exercise a lot), sex (Oh, well - 17 months, now) and attitude.

Last edited by Gardener; 06/12/10 01:56 AM.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

I
I
Kerry, how are things with you? any plans for Father's day?

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Romeo -

It is XW's weekend with the kids. Since I had them last weekend for my birthday, Father's day is not that big of a deal for me. I suppose it is similar to people that have their birthday on or around Christmas.

I was planning to do a garage sale with my mom, but I am not quite ready for that. Maybe in a couple more weeks.

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Apples and Wine

Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men dont want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that are not as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.

Now men...men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it is up to women to stomp the sh!t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.

G
G
Kerry,
Originally Posted By: KerryK
Apples and WineWomen are like apples on trees....
Now men...men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it is up to women to stomp the sh!t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Definite Belly-Laugh Of The Day Award! laugh laugh laugh
Still laughing...Great. Just great....

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

W
W
Wow, there must be whole friggin' wine cellar on this BB!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard