Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
A
A
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
Alice.

Re-Register, can't you do that? Pick a whole new name and such?

I know I can, but the way he found me was actually by finding the website, listening to when I typed a lot on the computer, looking at the latest posts in newcomers right after that, til he spotted his own quotes I put in from emails he's sent me. Not sure why all the hard work on this- He's dumping me.... So, I would have to be very circumspect about any details- obviously not quoting emails anymore!- and not being obvious about when I'm posting, but I'd be afraid that if I said anything too detailed, he'd find it, and if I didn't, or made up false details, there'd be little point in trying to get advice on a fake/vague sitch. Any other advice? I'd love to re-join. He's probably reading this now, I have no idea.

When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go;
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving slow;
Go ask Alice...
I think she'll know.
F
F
you could try posting in MLC or something rather than just in newcomers...

J
OP Offline
J
Good point...

I am at a bit of a loss.

I mean you can clear your internet history every time before you log off. Clean out cookies and all that, get a new email addy to get a new regirty. Not use his exact words...or exact situations...but close ones. Change it so you have no personal info in there.

Post when he isn't around.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

L
L
Because for the first time I was "lost" for words...and as you know, I am usually filled with a lot of hot air smile

"Be the changes you want to see in the world"
D
D
If you're using Internet Explorer version 8, there is an InPrivate Browsing window you can open which is supposed to not recored where you have been while that window is open. Not sure how well it works though, so let the buyer beware...

Me 52, STBEX 52
D 17, S 12
M 20 years
Em Sep since 2002, Phys Sep Sept 2009
P
P
My screen name is german for the only thing I've ever felt truly alive doing, EXCEPT for being a father, which is inexpressably better.

I recognized a lot of good friends in this thread, thanks to all of you for your time. smile

Especially Grace and Jack.

AWESOME thread! So many motivating screen names!

Best,

Punkt

These are my friends now!

But someday baby...
You ain't worry my life anymore

Take away, take away what I don't need, save the good part please. Fade away, fade away.
P
P
Alice, I have a couple of suggestions for you.

As far as actual computer security, there are many small programs or apps that clean your web history. The smallest, safest, and most comprehensive is "ccleaner" Google it. There's no sypware, and it's fast and VERY effective. It works up to windows 7.

You have to use this after every browsing session to keep the history clean. NOTICE, THANK GOD, this won't keep cops from finding illegal stuff, (they can call up stuff from YEARS back, grin ) but it will keep out kooky spouses.

AFA your STBX, or whatever, snooping on this site looking for you, my next suggestions would be change the sex and ages of your kids in your NEW signature AND posts. Minimize or eliminate any mention of his fambly, and your fambly. Don't mention financial details like houses, apatments, day care, jobs, cars, etc.

Let's face it, he's found the site. At this point, your options are to abandon it, which you obviously haven't, or to keep on with your active advice-giving role while starting a new persona (new log-in!!!!) seeking support which is covert, and does not give him identifiers which he can use to follow you in your quest here.

Start a new logon, leave out the hard details like kids, in laws, school dates, etc. you can still post and get support here regarding your situation.

Don't post with your new personna tommorrow. That would be too obvious and easy for him to find.

Wait some time and THEN post, have your alternate data set in your head, and make posts that aren't obvious to him in the details.

I know it's be tough to be that vague and still describe your sitch effectively, but you can do it if you really want to.

Best, Punkt.

These are my friends now!

But someday baby...
You ain't worry my life anymore

Take away, take away what I don't need, save the good part please. Fade away, fade away.
A
A
thanks Punkt- been offline for awhile. Good advice.

When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go;
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving slow;
Go ask Alice...
I think she'll know.
Originally Posted By: KerryK
Originally Posted By: sgctxok
Originally Posted By: KerryK
Mine and Frank_D's are obvious. I want to know where "sgctxok" picked hers.

If I had a do over, I would probably be "MeLoveYouLongTime".

well....i told the folks who took KLA smile

smirk crazy smile

I bought the Marriage Breakthrough DVD. Does that qualify me to know what sgctxok means?

ok, sure

some girls can talk xylophones outta key.... ( from Phoenix, aka Fee, aka Feeeeeeeeeeeeee)....

or it was a password from my password hell at my new job around the time I started on the board

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
S
S
Well why not, its been far too long I may as well join in. I chose Sofaraway because that is how all this made me feel. So far away from everything I thought I knew. I know it sounds like a major downer, but to me at the time it made perfect sense.

I often thought about changing it, but as time went on I started to realize that I only thought I was lost. It became clear to me that my name was perfect and would be a constant reminder to never believe that life is perfect and you are completely secure in everything you are doing. Be prepared because change can occur at the drop of a hat.

Of course I always signed my posts the same way and never once was it Sofar.....

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard