Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22
J
J
Marked...

I am going to admitt to 2 things. One of whcih I have never tried to cover up and have admitted to before several times in fact.

1) I did not read your entire post.

2) I was a WAS in my first marriage.

I will say the two are entirely different.

I was rational. Perhaps if my 1st wife had discovered DBing? And stuck to the changes that were important to me?

Was I a saint? Hardly...but neither was I a monster.

I disagree with some of your...thoughts.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

J
J
Ok Having read your entire post...

My dander got up far too quickly after taking one thing out of context...that the changes in a WAS aren't permenant...I read further and saw that you suggested that they should be.

OK, thank you for that.

You are right.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

P
P
i have been thinking about this a LOT. what is the difference and how is the approach diff't? i saw some threads where folks distinguished b/w the two but more recently, it seems like most are saying it doesn't matter.

M
OP Offline
M
Glad you got your dander back down, Jack. smile I didn't realize you were a WAS, that must have colored your sitch now. Glad you learned from your past, mistake or not.

Hope I get some more comments. I just got so many "it doesn't matter what he is, the approach is the same" comments when I was new to MLC that I thought perhaps some clarity would be good and wanted to make sure I was not incorrect in assuming.

Positive Lifetime Attitude Award: http://tinyurl.com/2dssttf

H in MLC?: http://tinyurl.com/23fabv8

Infidelity: Expose or Not? http://tinyurl.com/26ksmfj
W
W
Not all WAS's are WS's. Not all MLCers are WS's but most end up there it seems.

I think the commonality you are seeing is in dealing with the affair aspect.

"If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!"
1st thread
E
E
MH - I agree in principal with your views; however, not all MLCer will spew venom. Some may appear as a WAS but are really MLC. In my sitch I am dealing with a W who missed "growing up" and now feels the need to find out what she missed. So I guess the nastiness that I have read, the aggressive behaviors, etc associated with most MLCer is not always present. I would also like to point out that EVERY sitch is really different. I totally agree that detachment, etc are key regardless of was oir mlcer.

Just my 2 cents

God Bless
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
H
H
MH,

You have some good points there. I agree not all MLC'ers are the same. My MLC had angry issues. I don't know if you have read the book "Men In Midlife Crisis" by Jim Conway, my ex fits it to a tee!!! All the way back to where he never felt the love of his Mother & his Dad didn't know how to show him love. I don't know about a WAS vs MLC, I've only dealt with MLC. I didn't know it then but I saw my ex in MLC 2 years before he met ow & if she had not come along & pursued him, I know without a doubt he would still be here. He just happened to get involved with a sociopath.

Hang in there, you are doing great! Sorry I just don't have answers for you, every sitch is different but also there are so many that are similar.

(((HUGS)))

M
M
M&H - I've stopped analyzing if my H is WAS or MLC. As you said, especially when there is a OP, it doesn't make much difference. All you can do is to concentrate on you...YOU are your strongest weapon. If you do the work on yourself and become the best you can be that may play a big role in them coming back. And if they don't their loss...

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
M
OP Offline
M
BIG loss Mila, big loss. smile

Positive Lifetime Attitude Award: http://tinyurl.com/2dssttf

H in MLC?: http://tinyurl.com/23fabv8

Infidelity: Expose or Not? http://tinyurl.com/26ksmfj
P
PEI Offline
P
Originally Posted By: ericmsant2
MH - I agree in principal with your views; however, not all MLCer will spew venom. Some may appear as a WAS but are really MLC. In my sitch I am dealing with a W who missed "growing up" and now feels the need to find out what she missed. So I guess the nastiness that I have read, the aggressive behaviors, etc associated with most MLCer is not always present. I would also like to point out that EVERY sitch is really different. I totally agree that detachment, etc are key regardless of was oir mlcer.

Just my 2 cents

God Bless
Eric

Hey Eric .. this is my sitch too. H has never been nasty - said lots of hurtful things, right out of the MLC handbook - but never in a mean or nasty way. I think he could have been a WAS a few years ago, but when he was still reasonable and rationale he knew that it wasn't what he really wanted, and he worked hard to try and make us work (mind you he didn't find a way to communicate all of this and didn't agree to MC the few times I did suggest it, but I digress...). Then the MLC hit, and I'm thinking there were signs as far back as 3 years, and now leaving "is his only option for finding happiness" and yada yada yada.

PEI

Holding onto anger to punish someone else, is like lighting yourself on fire to get smoke in their eyes ~ 25yearsmlc
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard