Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 29 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Yep, I sure did have flu and bronchitis! Two weeks ago, I had the flu. Went to the doctor on day three after toughing it out at school and sharing the germs with all my students!

He told me to take it easy and stay home the rest of the week, but I tried to go back too soon. And then spent the weekend doing chores because my fever was 'only 100'!Hence, the following week I was out with bronchitis. I still have a crummy cough, esp in the morning and late at night, hope it doesn't linger much longer...

Kids and I watched 2/3 of Iron Man, but then it was ten and they should have been in bed long before that! Nathan decided he (Iron Man) is the best super hero because he is REAL; considering he built his supersuit he is the most likely to actually be able to happen...

Put them to bed and they were asleep in seconds, first time ever! I think the long day of school, plus the bike ride, wore them out. Dan called just after ten, said he knew the kids would be asleep (um, then why call?)... He said he meant to come over with the shoes but his buddy Barry (the coworker I've known since Wichita/7+ yrs) and his dad were both available to help tonight so they got the kitchen countertop on. I asked what kind he said just a neutral oatmeal...he is finishing the entire house in all neutrals for resale potential. He said that several months ago anyway...

So anyway he said he'd bring Nathan's shoes by later tonight or in the morning before work. A bit more chatting about tomorrow and Nathan's baseball game and then I got off the phone.

And now it is time for bed! smile

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
W
W
Originally Posted By: BobbiJo
Yep, I sure did have flu and bronchitis! Two weeks ago, I had the flu. Went to the doctor on day three after toughing it out at school and sharing the germs with all my students!

He told me to take it easy and stay home the rest of the week, but I tried to go back too soon. And then spent the weekend doing chores because my fever was 'only 100'!Hence, the following week I was out with bronchitis. I still have a crummy cough, esp in the morning and late at night, hope it doesn't linger much longer...

I'm with you, BobbieJo! I started having flu symptoms a few weeks ago and did take two sick days. I went back to work but never really did feel all that well but I figured it would just go away. I too kept busy all weekend and now I'm down with bronchitis and on my fifth sick day in a row, I can't ever remember feeling so terrible! At least today I'm up and feel a little energized (after I finished coughing, of course)or at least don't feel like passing out, which is better than the last two days. Yup, a week of codeine cough syrup and puffers. There's nothing better than sucking back some codeine and then spending the day staring at beige walls. Personally, I like to swig it right from the bottle, none of those sissy little measuring cups, I know when I've had enough....but then again I did see the Virgin Mary on my living room wall and she was crying real tears. Ain't codeine a beautiful thing! OK, gotta run I've got another big sick day planned, maybe they'll be some action at the garbage chute today, who knows cuz every sick day is a brand new adventure. Get well BJ.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Wii you are cracking me up! smile I started out using the measuring cup but then said screw it and took it from the bottle, too! Too bad I ran out after 3 days, good thing the doc wrote it up to allow refills! I am still coughing up junk in the morning and this is week THREE?? Sheesh.

Last day of school today! Time to finish my order forms, aka my 'wish list' for supplies for next year. Going to list in order of importance in case I only get a few things approved.

Finished up Iron Man this morning, I was surprised that I really liked it. Definitely need to see the second one now...

Oh, and Dan showed up this morning at 7:30 with the shoes for Nathan. Then on the way to school I noticed I had two text messages. After he dropped the shoes off I guess he texted me to tell me that he found Sydney's toy phone, and another text telling me where he found it. Once again, vital, breaking news! wink

OK time to actually work, I guess... smile

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

M
M
Dan is such a freak!!! Good heavens! smile LOL

I loved Iron Man and was totally surprised about it. I ususally hate action hero type movies. I'm really wanting to see the second one but not until it goes to our $1 theater....I'm cheap! smile

I had Netflix from the time it started until 2 years ago in my first round of budget cutting. I loved it but found I didn't watch the movies fast enough either. I just restarted it though because you can get movies through your Wii now. I've watched a few while doing paperwork at home in the evenings. It's really nice to have that option. They don't have any newer movies on the Wii access though. That kind of sucks. frown We'll see, I may cancel after the summer.

Is the walk you are doing the Relay for Life?

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Yep, Relay for Life. I said I'd walk a mile for each donor that gave, and I got 18 donors. I want to jog some of the laps but everybody else walks so I think I'd look weird!

Yeah I found Robert Downey Jr. to be very compelling as the Iron Man. I liked it better than most super hero movies bc he does not have some cheesy alter-ego. People he is close to know he is iron man. Plus the science/tech angle makes it somewhat more believeable that he could actually fly, shoot missiles, etc...

I like Netflix. The first time I got 2 movies delivered we kept them for 3 weeks! But now I am pretty quick about it, watched Invention of Lying over the weekend, then watched Iron Man last night. Dan has kids again tonight (I think) so I may watch The Blind Side while folding laundry and filing medical bills. Also good sometimes to put in a movie while I am on the treadmill, I will often go farther if my mind is occupied...

Yep Dan is hard to figure out... I am trying not to waste my energy analyzing him anymore. IC and I talked about him awhile back and she said, regarding our 'family time' and his stop-bys when it isn't his day, "As long as you are comfortable with it and it works for the kids, do it. If you start to feel taken advantage of or uncomfortable, then stop doing it." Right now I am fine with it because the kids get to have a little of that family time they miss with us being in two houses.

Sometimes I think maybe I should stop replying to his random text messages. He really seems to want/need to run every little thing by me? I just respond when I feel like it, and don't when I don't.

Time for more work!

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

W
W
BJ, my STBX wanted me to go away with her and the kids for an overnight trip out of town! She said "we don't spend much family time together with them any more" Gee, maybe our "family time" is limited because YOU DITCHED ME and tore the family apart! I'm just guessing, mind you. grin

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: whatisis
BJ, my STBX wanted me to go away with her and the kids for an overnight trip out of town! She said "we don't spend much family time together with them any more" Gee, maybe our "family time" is limited because YOU DITCHED ME and tore the family apart! I'm just guessing, mind you. grin

Yeah, that's where I struggle, exactly on that issue. For the kids, for now, I think doing things together is fantastic. Because we really do get along well, somehow, even with this whole mess. So it isn't like the time we are together we are fighting and arguing. It is almost like it was pre-A...except of course he leaves and goes back to his place after the movie/dinner/ball game, etc.

Anyone who has read me long can see right through me and knows I would like us to reconcile, if/when he finds that clue he has been missing. {of course pulling his head out of his @ss would help him see it!}

So I am not sure what lends itself more to my desired long-term outcome (I am talking months, years from now, he hasn't grown enough yet to be worth another chance): keeping up the friendly stuff, the emails, texts, and time together, or cutting off all communication not vital to child-rearing and financials. At this point I am just doing what I feel like doing on the given day, but plans based on feelings aren't always reliable, are they!?

OK I said I wouldn't waste time overthinking things so I am getting back to school work now!

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

C
C
Quote:
So I am not sure what lends itself more to my desired long-term outcome (I am talking months, years from now, he hasn't grown enough yet to be worth another chance): keeping up the friendly stuff, the emails, texts, and time together, or cutting off all communication not vital to child-rearing and financials. At this point I am just doing what I feel like doing on the given day, but plans based on feelings aren't always reliable, are they!?

Yes. That's a dilemma isn't it. It seems like you and Dan genuinely enjoyed each other's company.

Perhaps I'm still too much in the middle of things to see my situation as clearly. For a long time, I just remembered the good times. Lately, all I'm thinking about is the tension and cold silence.

Maybe after the D is final and all of that crap clears up then some new kind of relationship will develop.

I know it's hurting the girls. D11 was on one of the work laptops I brought home. I've used it before and I'd saved all of last year's Christmas photos on them.

For Christmas, at the last second, STBXW invited me to come over to open presents and then later to eat with them at her MIL's.

D11 said "that was great when you came over at Christmas. Can we do that again this year?"

I told her I didn't know what the plans are.

In my heart, I was thinking "Hell no." It turns out the reason STBXW invited me to eat at the MIL's is because she wanted to go drinking with her biker bar buddies in a town 20 minutes from her mom's house and she didn't want to have to drive the girls back to me after dinner.

But in my head, I was thinking I probably should make the effort for their sake.

Me: 47, Ds 17-13, D final 6-11
http://tinyurl.com/yk4e2tz
http://tiny.cc/thread2
http://tinyurl.com/ydtphqu
http://tinyurl.com/thread4
http://tinyurl.com/3sm78k6
http://tinyurl.com/thread6
W
W
Originally Posted By: BobbiJo

OK I said I wouldn't waste time overthinking things so I am getting back to school work now!

Overthinking...on this website! Not a chance.
You are right, it is hard to know how much "family time" is appropriate. The past two years I have slept over at STBX's on Christmas Eve so that we can both be there when the kids open stockings and presents. She still comes to my family get togethers on Easter and Thanksgiving, we go as a family. I take her and the kids out for Mother's Day and she takes me and the kids out for Father's Day. We actually get along better since we've separated but I have no illusions about getting back together because she's still obsessed mostly with herself. Now, if another R came into the picture for me things might change but for now we do this and it works. Now, when she asks me to go away for an overnight trip or for a week at the cottage I say NO. That's too much for me!

J
J
Hey BBJ!

Glad you are feeling better.
By the way if we can see right through you (reconcile / why i don't know but that is another topic LOL), do you think he can as well?
So....I don't have any advice other than doing what makes you feel good I guess.
I remember way back folks saying that this is a long process. Well....maybe just maybe this is DB time for you. A little dark coupled with a good mood BBJ whenever you fell like turning the light on a little....no chasing.....you know the drill. We have been on here long enough.... ;-)

Still pulling for you!

Page 25 of 29 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard