Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 73 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 72 73
G
OP Offline
G
Quote:
Totally agree with you. The alternative is to stay stuck, and that isn't healthy. Part of moving forward with your life is dating and interacting w/the opposite sex

Hey Ruined,
Are you finding that the guys you meet up with get clingy?

I have gone out on three different occassions and they all same to want to lock down so fast.
In fact the first one I told I had another date and she got PO'd saying to me that we should go our separate ways. Well you know what, I validated her feelings and agreed with her.
4 days later she texts me stating she was wrong and wanted to see me again.

WTH, Are women in my age bracket looking to just jump into a serious R?

The second one is now doing the same thing. I have a feeling she will contcat me next week too.

Talk about about pandoras box being opened up! LOL

Bomb 8/09. Brief piecing 12/10. D-2/12
Two incredible kids D9,S6 Leading new life!
“Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."
T
T
Quote:
I validated her feelings and agreed with her.
4 days later she texts me stating she was wrong and wanted to see me again.

WTH, Are women in my age bracket looking to just jump into a serious R?

Speaking as somebody who had commitment issues until after age 40...

I noticed that the dating pool was getting flakier and flakier as I got older because more and more of the women in the dating pool were carrying some major baggage.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
G
OP Offline
G
Quote:
I noticed that the dating pool was getting flakier and flakier as I got older because more and more of the women in the dating pool were carrying some major baggage.

I have accepted that the women I will be seeing will have Kids.
I'm OK with that, my friend warned me that the women I go out with will be attached immediately. I didn't believe him at first but now I do.

I would actually prefer to go out with a Divorced lady my age than a 40yo who has never been married.

I need a break from this dating scene.

I am wrong to think that women what sex as much as men?

T
T
Quote:
I am wrong to think that women what sex as much as men?

Some women want sex more than most men. I hope you are looking for more than just sex though.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
G
OP Offline
G
Quote:
I hope you are looking for more than just sex though.

I have really enjoyed the companionship and since I was in a relatively sexless marriage, it is important in a R.

I have many common interests with the 2 women I have spent time with. I'm not going out with them just to score. But it's nice to contact with someone who like the same activities you do and what's wrong with sharing same intimate moment too.

I am totally honest with them when I meet them stating I'm not looking to get M anytime soon. I have too much pride in myself to go out and just sleep with someone. that's just not me.
However I am getting a vibe from women thatthey come onto you sexually then they feel you should be with only them moving forward.
I feel they put out their sexuality from the start in hopes to secure a guy they like.
JUst what I have noticed the pass 3 weeks.

T
T
Well, then go slower.

Multiple sex partners is very risky behavior anyway.

If you are up front and honest about what you are up to and not leading anybody on, that's good. They can make their own decissions.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
G
OP Offline
G
TH

Well the second one just emailed me and thanked me for my honesty. She wished me a nice vacation and looks forward to talking when I get back.
Now I have two interested in me after I thought they both were moving on.

After reading all these R books suggested here I am still no closer to understanding women.

Thank goodness I'm going away for the rest of the week. I need some alone time to process all this info.

G
OP Offline
G
Journaling,

I was o vacation last week and received an email from D5 school stating she needs a picture of yourself for scholl today. Since W has the kids and is dropping them off at school, I forward the email to her and follow it up with a text.

W call me at work today stating she needed a baby picture and is at the house to get one. W asked where the photo album was and I said I don't know. Then she get all POed stating she didn't know it was a baby picture she needed. I told her I didn't know either b/c the email didn't specify it.

Then she goes and says that every time she has to do something with the kids at school she feels she's in the dark.

Maybe it's b/c I am the one who takes them and picks them up each week.

I think she is angery b/c she has no clue about the kids life at school and is taking it out on me.

Can't believe she's being such a B!och.

And here I was still thinking things could possibly work out.
I think she is completely done and I need to focus on moving forward with life without her.

G
OP Offline
G
Coach are you still lurking on my sitch?
gucci or others too?

If so you wrote on Hea sitch that W's anger is your friend.
Is is true even when we have discussed post marital arrangement? She was angry at me yesterday for something I had no control over. Then S2 got hurt at school and was taken to the doctor. she called to inform me.
I picked the kids up after school yesterday.

W emails me today asking how S2 was feeling.

I am totally not reading into this. Just a concerned mom wondering about S, RIGHT?

I have accepted W's notion for D and I have moved on.

I do have an appraiser coming this week to value the house so we can figure out numbers for the post marital agreement.

Any thoughts?

thanks, gr8

C
C
Anger means she still is emotionally involved with you. Numb is bad means she has shut her emotions off to you. Men don't like negative emotions that's why we want to fix things, avoid them or move on. Women and negative emotions (anger) means she has something she is feeling and wants to discuss with you. Solution - don't worry about how she feels it will change once she can vent it with you. She wants to know you are tough enough to handle her emotions. Let her know when something bad happens its you letting her into your day, she wants to know you can handle problems. In the past how did you handle problems with her?

Keep her informed of how your son is doing and how you are dealing with it. Keep her up to speed on the appraisers and how you are getting the house ready to sell. Lead it's attractive.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
Page 31 of 73 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 72 73

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard