Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22
B
B
Originally Posted By: Virtually_Handsome
(((((Mindfull)))))
One thing to remember.... whatever you decide right now doesn't have to be permanent. In fact, I think it would be better to keep your flexibility for a while, unless you are sure.

True, if you can rent a place or sign a short-term lease (6 months or a year) that might be a good plan. In my case I knew once we got back 'home' I'd stay here indefinitely, so I bought a house. Plus there are no good rentals in my little town, just crappy foreclosures they rent cause no one will buy them!

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
OP Offline
M
Jeff and BBJ -

Best case scenario is a 12-month house rental in one of several neighborhoods.

Back-up plan... purchase something that is an easy re-sale, or something my parents would want.

I just hope my decision to do this isn't made for me before I'm ready!

Thanks for checking in...

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
B
B
That's true, you know your area so you would know which properties are likely to have good resale...

In my case I knew it was win-win because the house I bought is .2 miles from the PreK-2nd grade building, and .1 miles from the Middle School. Plus it had a good-sized, but non-landscaped yard. It was so much easier to have a garden co. put in new landscaping when there was nothing to take out! So I know if I do decide to move it won't be that hard to sell...

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

F
F
Ugh.

Don't even talk about landscaping. I have no vision or even know what plant is what. I'm always asking myself, "Is that supposed to be there or is it a weed?". I have no idea what to do with the yard, especially if I have the sell.

I'm more of a just mow here and don't mow there kind of guy. And sometimes I'm not so good about the second thing.

--Fergie

M
M
I hear ya on the plant vs. weed debate! I've been watching something grow in the flower bed around my mailbox for about a week now that I can't identify. I would hate to just pull it if it's seeds that have just finally germinated!! LOL

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: Fergie
Ugh.

Don't even talk about landscaping. I have no vision or even know what plant is what. I'm always asking myself, "Is that supposed to be there or is it a weed?". I have no idea what to do with the yard, especially if I have the sell.

I'm more of a just mow here and don't mow there kind of guy. And sometimes I'm not so good about the second thing.

--Fergie

Ferg - Seriously...? You have a fault? SHOCK! I think we need to talk about this...

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
M
OP Offline
M
MISHKA - I'm great at knowing what to do... not so great at implementing it. I have some soccer dad's that handle it! They are so sweet!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

F
F
Quote:
Ferg - Seriously...? You have a fault? SHOCK! I think we need to talk about this...
I have many faults, but plants are my Achilles heel.

My coworker knows what every plant and tree is, does major gardening, and I feel like an idiot.

I'm not sure if it doesn't interest me or if I have some learning disability when it concerns plants. LOL.

--Fergie

B
B
I don't know about all plants and trees, but

A)I know what I like
B)I know how to call people who DO know! wink

I knew the area of the yard I wanted landscaped, I knew how I wanted it to look, and I knew I wanted to attract birds and butterflies. I also typed up a list of the plants/flowers I KNEW I wanted (white daisies, purple salvia, butterfly bushes, black-eyed susans, etc).

Then I looked up garden centers in our area and called up a family-owned place where we always get our Chrismtas tree. The owner himself came down, spent 20 minutes looking and listening, and had a plan. Of course he measured and did other technical stuff after that... whistle One week later he had a blueprint drawn up. It had a ton of extra things I hadn't thought of, I kept some and crossed some out. Then they installed it, and I just have to do upkeep now (watering, weeding, replacing stuff that dies). Long story I know but it looks so much better now!

Of course if you are not keeping your current place I probably would not bother. If you are, I will say that extra landscaping also eqauls LESS GRASS to mow! wink

Last edited by BobbiJo; 05/29/10 02:24 PM.

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

M
OP Offline
M
I don't know anything about landscaping, and/or plants, flowers, etc...

I plant flowers in my pots. They look nice for a month or so, and then I'm tired of watering them. They die by mid-July.

Ferg... based on what I just typed... a condo is looking better by the minute! LoL

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard