my mom drew me my favorite coloring book ever

and

remember Joseph's coat of many colors

do not mourn the loss of what you had
celebrate the opportunity to start anew

J
J
Stuff FIB,

While not in your shoes...I was kinda sort of once, and it really is just stuff. Even the highly sentimental stuff is just used as a memory triggger and the memories are the importnat parts.

Iwant is right, it can be replaced you can even do it from Salvation Army, some damn good deals there when you are poor.

Quote:

I will suffer with finding an Ikea replacement.

You big drama queen...Look FIB one day, your going to realize that YOU determine how your day is going to go, usually first thing in the morning. : )

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

S
S
I had opposite feelings during the separation and D - I wanted my wife to take as much stuff as possible from my home. We had too much clutter that she bought over the years. There is still stuff to garage sale/craigslist, but I am considering keeping her bike to give to the next special lady. I bought and tricked it out for her right before she went bad on me and she only rode it once so it is still in new condition.

Navin Johnson: Well I'm gonna to go then. And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need you. I don't need anything except this.
picks up an ashtray
Navin Johnson: And that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair.
walking outside
Navin Johnson: And I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
dog barks
Navin Johnson: I don't need my dog.

F
F
I love the Jerk...I do pieces of that so much that my students have all started in with it too

i LOVE Salvation Army and Good Will and Craig's List and garage sales....

plus I know I can LIVE in it if I didn't pay a billion dollars for it...I don't feel bad when koolaid gets spilled on it or the fabric gets painted on or the dog pees on it or the kids jump on it

live FIB...LIVE

K
K
Hey, sent me the in Fb the names of the kids. I will send you 2 Kalni's original paintings for their rooms... !!!
(give me colors and preferences)
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
F
OP Offline
F
Awww...Kalni. That is sweet. I would pay for anything re: materials and shipping.

You're right Jack...I re-read that line I wrote and it IS drama queen BS. I retroactively erase it.

Officially, today, my kids moved out. XW still has some loose stuff to pick up and has offered to help clean the house. I got a SECOND cup of coffee this morning.

There is only 4 weeks of school and, to my surprise, XW agreed to drive them back to the house in the morning to keep their school bus pickup 'routine' until school ends. I've done all I can to prep my kids:
  • got them cell phones and told them they can call me anytime
  • got them kids safe email addresses and taught them how to use it
  • tried to tell them that it is OK to let their feelings be known

S9 is afraid of his mom but he DOES love her. D7 has cajones and is not afraid to call me or tell her mom if she wants to go with me in the car, etc.

So that's it. To Jack, I guess I could sit here and type 'facts' and say, "whoa is me. I am alone in a big house without my kids and family." But, I know you'd kick my 'A'. There definitely is a 'peace' about the thought of now arriving home and having no more eggshells to step on on the ground.

It's over, finally.

Or...it's just begun.

FIB

PS..to fig et al, I really only would have fought about 2 things: the flat panel TV (ROFLMAO) and the bedroom set. A female friend of mine said that I should ditch it because 'no woman would ever want to be in that bed.' It's a beautiful brass bed. How bout if I flip the mattress and get a new comforter set? LOLOL.

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
D
D
Um, in a word, FIB, no - on the flipping of the mattress and new comforter.

New life, my friend. New mattress. LOL!

I hear IKEA has some great deals. Sorry, I couldnt resist.

I know you are worried about your kids, but, they may just surprise you. You gave them the tools. Trust that.

Praying that your ex puts those wonderful children first in the future.

Praying for you that you look forward towards your new beginning with some small bit of anticipation.

Coffee and donuts are on me, Frank. Let me know when.

Last edited by Brooklyn; 05/27/10 04:01 AM.
K
K
Yeah, women can't stand recycled crap left over from previous women. ICK!!

How come guys don't get that?

S
S
Not all women. My stbx had no trouble finding a woman with no qualms about occupying my former space in our bed. (He did get a new comforter tho... and he still has the throw blanket on it that I crocheted!!)

W42/H42/M20
S/19,D/17
On My Own: 11/28/09
S
S
My last girl friend did not seem to mind, but I never mentioned it.

If you think about it, when you stay in a hotel, you are sleeping on a mattress that has been used by others for things other than sleeping.

And in the first year or two of my marriage, we slept in the bed that my grandmother most likely used to concieve my mother. I never thought much about it.

Hypothetical question...

When it comes time for a man and a woman to perform the "Rites of Venus" for the first time, is it best to visit the woman's or the man's home court?

Page 40 of 49 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 48 49

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard