Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 74 of 81 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 80 81
M
M
Very well said Julia. That is so true, without our past we wouldn't be the people we are today. That person that he left is no longer in existence. You are both learning new, exciting things about each other and building a whole new life and future that couldn't have happened before.

You haven't had to buy any wigs yet have you????? grin

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

A
OP Offline
A
Ah how true.. we are who were are from what we went through and I am grateful for that as I am happier and more appreciative of things now, I dont sweat the small stuff and I rememner to enjoy the good stuff..

I had the HSG and ended up in hospital as I was in so much pain! It was a bit scary but I am fine now. It led me to push the fertility clinic a bit and they just caled and offered to put us on the list today for free IVF as well as IUI ! I am in shock. We were meant to wait till at least August to just discuss the HSG and becuase I was proactive..they did a case review yesterday on us and within 2 days come back with a decision for IVF!! People wait months and years for a decision like that.

Funny thing is, after me being hospitalised, we decided last night we didnt want anymore medical intervention, so this is just a safety net, the first appointment isnt till September anyway so we will keep trying.

Life keeps rolling on and I do believe these relationships grow back better and stronger and more loving after the shock and grief of separation. Its true, you really dont know the value of what you had till its gone...

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
J
JCJ Offline
J
Ain't that the truth Ali. I'm so sorry you were in hospital, I hope you are ok now.

Great news on the IVF though - amazing NHS sometimes!

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
M
M
That is absolutely amazing that they made the determination for IVF so quickly!!!! Just one more positive step Ali. WONDERFUL!

So sorry you were sick and in the hospital. That is such a traumatic thing to go through. Glad bf was supportive and loving through it all.

Keep stepping forward and savoring your new life. I'm so happy for you!!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

M
M
Glad you are feeling better!

Enjoy all the trying smile

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks girls! Yes, well I soldiered on an we managed to get back to the babymaking fast, cant afford to miss a month ! It was a scary thing though, they said I had peritonitis!! Seems chemical, rather than the infected kind, at least it didnt develop into that (you can be brown bread pretty fast with that!)

We all have new lives hey. Jupiter and Uranus moved into Aries.. its a new 7 year cycle and all about change. Julia travelling the world, Mish back in the arms of her husband (WOW!) Michelle in a committed R, Maria on holiday as a family.. gosh if only we could have had a crystal ball a year or two ago and saved us all the angst of watching, waiting and wondering !!

Al xx

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
L
L
Sorry you were so sick, Ali. Was that caused by something the doctors did? What is HSG? Would they really go to IVF without trying clomid first?

A
OP Offline
A
Yes it was a reaction to the HSG, the dye they used, or volume of liquid inflamed my peritineum, apparently! The HSG itself was excrutiatingly painful, I screamed and cried!!

Yes we wondered if there arent some low tech solutions, before they resorted to IUI/IVF. BF said I should get tested for Thyroid Antibodies and NK cells, the latest theory is your immune system can be 'over geared' and go on the attack. This isnt available on the NHS, but it would be much cheaper than IVF! Its amazing we got approved so quick, but I think we will just keep trying naturally for now...

M
M
Definitely keep the trying going Ali!

I'm sure you have read all the various natural signals the body puts out when ovulating but just in case this one was missed I thought I'd throw it out there.

****WARNING TO ALL MEN AND SQUEEMISH WOMEN*****
****DO NOT READ**** grin

Have you checked your mucous daily? The secretions that are naturally released during ovulation become thick and stringy. You actually have to put it between your thumb and forefinger and stretch it. If you can stretch it to at least 1 inch before it breaks then you most likely have just ovulated or will within 24 hours.

Just another thing to add to your arsenal! smile

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks Mish !!! I did notice blush and also, I did the tests this month (only second time) and bought more expensive digital ovulation tests and they worked ! And it know when it was, as I had terrible ovulation pains for a few hours and had to take painkillers! Funny huh. I was expecting that though, after the HSG.

Well the HSG is supposed to improve your chances, as it 'flushes' everything out!

Just been to try my dress on.. shes done a brilliant job, but I'm not sure I like it ! frown

Page 74 of 81 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 80 81

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard