Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 27 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
She liked the gift card.

I have never had a problem with giving notes, letters and flowers. I gotta work on the kissing, hand holding and subtle touching. Most of it is me being nervous/shy, but I notice with each date I feel more comfortable. We have another date tomorrow night. I sure do like spending time with this girl! Plus, it is so easy to remember her name laugh

G
G
Originally Posted By: sandycay
He also hand wrote me a letter and mailed it snail mail. I loved that!
Oh, that's the best! I did that all the time with X.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
G
Kerry,
Originally Posted By: KerryK
I put a Starbucks gift card with a short note and some mint candies in the jacket she left in my car. We are meeting today for lunch. And then on Thursday for dinner. Taking things as they come along...
You the man!
I'm taking notes... grin

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

S
S
FFG is the most verbal man I have ever encountered. IDK if it is because we took the language of love quiz and he knows mine is WOA.... but he is good at that and very attentive.

It sounds like your getting back into the swing of things. I am not a good WOA person, ( I get tongue tied) but I've been reaching out of the comfort zone here and there and it gets easier!

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

I
I
KerryK, I'll have to read some of your older posts to see how you've managed to find time and women with having to take care of two kids most of the time. But I'm glad to see things are moving in the right direction for you. Gives me hope that one day (hopefully not years later) I'll have that special someone in my life again.

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Romeo -

I have the kids half of the time. Even with half the time, my schedule is rather busy.

This weekend I was with my dauther for 2 nights at girl scout camp where there was just another guy and myself and about 300 girls/mothers - it was a very estrogen rich environment. Then I met XW and my son at a Chinese language school picnic. I'm taking my son to his cub scout den meeting in a couple hours.

No need to rush yourself into a relationship. You are still quite young at 35.

K
K
Originally Posted By: KerryK
I put a Starbucks gift card with a short note and some mint candies in the jacket she left in my car. We are meeting today for lunch. And then on Thursday for dinner. Taking things as they come along...

Just saw this, Kerry, do you mind calling my H? Greece 6948RRRRREALYSLOWMAN!!!

You are an awsome dad!!!
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
B
B
Just checking in, hope you enjoyed your dinner date!!

And if you run into any fine Italian gentlemen named Bobby who are handsome, smart, and chivalrous, send them my way ok? Maybe the name thing helps! wink

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Maria - take it slow. He is coming around. What is the alternative? Getting a divorce does not sound like you will be happy.

The dinner date was good - I really like her and I sense she has similar feelings. We have another date this Thursday and she has a gift card for it so I must be doing something right.

I am taking the kids to the coast (Pacific City) for 3 nights in a cozy cabin on Memorial Day weekend. There are lots of bunny rabbits on the property, an indoor pool, a huge sand hill for sleding down and there is a rocky beach nearby with agates for replenishing our rock tumbler. When I am in that area, I always seem to stop in the Tillamook Cheese Factory for cheese curds/ice cream cones for the kids and the Tillamook Country Smoker for quality jerky and pepperoni. Good stuff. Opps, gotta watch my protein intake as my gout is getting better.

Then the following weekend before my big birthday I am "kid free". What is a fella to do?

D
D
BobbiJo:

Sorry I don't have the Italian heritage, but I have all of the other bases covered... cool

Me 52, STBEX 52
D 17, S 12
M 20 years
Em Sep since 2002, Phys Sep Sept 2009
Page 16 of 27 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard