Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
J
J
Freckle

Sounds like you had a good Mothers day!
Wasn't the snow terrible what the heck it's May!

JAK

You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when, you can only decide how you're going to live now. ~Joan Baez
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks ladies!

JoJo--I know! Unbelievable with the snow. It's just finally mostly melted here. There's some around the bases of trees in the shade. It snowed on and off all day here. I have trees that have branches like 15 feet from the ground that were touching the ground yesterday. I lucked out and nothing broke from the weight of the snow with the new leaves on the trees. August weather last weekend with it being low 80s and back to December this weekend. Only in upstate NY, huh? wink

Me38,H:38,S:7
Married:6/99
Bomb:7/04
Sep.:5/05
D Filed:3/08;Final 1/10
Piecing:11/09
H moved back:09/10
Current thread: http://tiny.cc/htcty
J
J
Quote:
[/quote]Only in upstate NY, huh? wink[quote]

You have that right.
I have plants I would love to plant outdoors but Probably have to wait until the first part of June unless I want to cover them all up and that would be a pain.

JAK

You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when, you can only decide how you're going to live now. ~Joan Baez
O
O
A blast from the past Nicole,,I'm in need of help again.
P.S. - got any black laquered dogs?

from my fortune cookie,,,,,,"Adversity is the test for strong men"
Me -44
WAW - 43
D14
D8
EA/PA mid May,2010
WAW moved out- 07/01/10
WAW filed 07/01/10
O
O
Oops,please look up my thread on newcomers. smile

from my fortune cookie,,,,,,"Adversity is the test for strong men"
Me -44
WAW - 43
D14
D8
EA/PA mid May,2010
WAW moved out- 07/01/10
WAW filed 07/01/10
F
OP Offline
F
Finally have my hernia surgery this week. Last week it started freaking me out and triggering emotions from right before the bomb and how he acted and treated me when our son was born. I decided I was going to ask for what I needed from him as far as help though and not expect him to read my mind and then get upset because he isn't being the way I was hoping for.

I told him I needed someone to get S on the bus Wed. and Thurs. morning and to put him to bed at least Wed., possibly Thurs. too (don't know if I'll be climbing stairs by then). He stepped up pretty good, IMO, and told me he'd come here after work tomorrow and stay here for as long as I needed him (forever? LOL).

Things have still been going well. Our S is in T-ball so we go to that every Wed. night and Sat. afternoon together and then we're together the rest of Saturday until sometime Sun. afternoon when he goes back to his place. This weekend he was here last night too because of the holiday. We just got done building a massive swingset addition/club house for S's birthday present.

On the weekends he's been here doing yard work when I haven't even asked him to do anything. My poor weeds probably don't know what's up. I was lucky to weedeat once a year and he's done it for the last 4 weekends straight! LOL.

My in-law's 50th anniversary party is this weekend. I was invited too but once I got my surgery date, I figured there'd be no way I'd be up for going that soon after. My MIL was begging me this weekend to really try to come for a little while. She wants me there for the family pictures. Ugh. I really, really don't want to do that. It's not like we're officially back together, we're legally divorced, and I just feel funny about it. If things go south again, I don't want to "ruin" their big family picture by being in it, KWIM. But they never ask me for anything and have done so much for me that words can't even begin to cover it and I love them dearly. Help!

F
OP Offline
F
Well, my outpatient, home before school gets out, surgery turned into a 2 night stay. Motherfing ouch is what I'll say.

H has been great so far. He spent the night before because I had to leave early and S needed to get ready for school and get on the bus. Once they decided to keep me there, H told me not to worry at all. H stayed at my house with S and even brought S to visit me last night. I got freed this afternoon and H is now out getting my prescription and a subs for us to eat. Seriously, he's been so great. Nice and kind and attentive and doing things without even being asked and all the things he wasn't when nearly 6 years ago.

The irony of today being the first wedding anniversary (11 years ago!) that we've been divorced and him now, officially divorced and all, taking care of me "in sickness" hasn't gone over my head. smile

F
OP Offline
F
H was wonderful to me all weekend. He slept downstairs with me (can't sleep in bed yet because I can't get out of it if I get in!) and pretty much waited on me hand and foot. A total 180 from how it was when we came home after S was born.

I didn't end up going to his parents' party. I still haven't even put on real clothes yet, let alone something 50th anniversary party-ish. His sister did have a cookout the next day and he did invite me to that. First "family" event in 5+ years! I still see his brother and sister regularly so no weirdness being with everyone there.

He left to go back to his place last night and see if his cat still remembered him. He texted me a little bit ago and said he could get used to living here. I kept it light and just said, "Yeah? You had your chance to smother me with a pillow this weekend while I was drugged and weakened!". I don't really know how else to respond to that kind of stuff.

B
B
How are you coming along? Healing well? So amazed and grateful your H is showing up for you emotionally. We all hope for this some day and you deserve it more than anyone - five years! My gosh, you go girl!

Sending you virtual chicken soup...

Me: 42
Him: 43

Two divorcees in a relationship
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks Hope. I'm doing good. Just about all healed up now. Got through that and two birthday parties for the boy. H was great through it all.

Since I'm still out of work for my one job, H has been coming here after work Friday nights (used to be he picked up S from his parents while I was at work and they stayed at his place) and stays all weekend with us. This will likely change once I'm working Fridays again, but it's been nice.

Yesterday for the 4th we went to his sister's for a cookout. It was the first time I met most of her new in-laws (she remarried about 3 years ago) and it was nice being introduced as her SIL to them. LOL Technicalities and all that. FYI to me in the future though, beware of drinking too much of a concoction called "Hollywood Slut" when she offers it.

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard