Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 65 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 64 65
G
G
ant,
No words of wisdom; you've already gotten the best today.
Just prayers and support for a good outcome.
And inner peace.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks G. I appreciate it.

Didn't hear one word yesterday regarding things. Hectic day yesterday anyway...anticipation/anxiety regarding the Final Resolution Conference...plus we had bad tornados all over here yesterday with some fatalities and some very critically injured people. Had to stay late last night because of it. Back at work again this morning, wondering if/what I'm gonna hear from my attorney regarding the case.
My son texted me yesterday evening that he wanted me to come and get him after I got off of work last night, so I did. smile
He's 12. We've been spending lots of QT together recently. Thank God for that.
I'll see what today brings.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
B
B
Hi Antlers,
There is a newbie in newcomers that I think could benefit from your experience. her name is fudwoman.

I know you are in the midst of a lot of high tension issues and that time & mental/emotional energy may be at a premium, but I know if someone has been there, done that in making changes from 'angry' to 'at peace', and can have compassion for where she is at right now in growing & working on her R, it's you.

Thanks for whatever you can do.
Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

B
B
thanks smile

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Finally heard from my attorney yesterday. Trial date is set for July. I wasn't wanting a trial. Anyway as Gypsy said on another thread..."She IS your adversary. Treat it as a business proposition, cut and dry. Get the best possible deal and walk away." It's hard to see me being able to survive this financially right now. It's cut throat, scorched earth litigation...propagated by her attorney and her. It's bad. I do not look forward to a trial.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
C
C
oh no, sorry to hear that! will keep praying til then...

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Much obliged cat03.

A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Just wanted to put this on my thread too because it is such sound wisdom...

"Life is better when a former spouse's antics (on either side of the spectrum) are not monitored." - Gypsy

A
antlers Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Greek posted this earlier on Thinker's thread, and I can relate...

"She's in full tilt 'entitled princess' mode and you are not going along with it as you once did. It's rocking her world." - Greek

She's just pissed because I'm messing up her game plan. This divorce has turned into the most nasty and awful thing!

G
G
Must be tough when they follow "the script" for so long and the spouse has the temerity to not play along.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

Page 40 of 65 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 64 65

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard