Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 73 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 72 73
V
V
Showing compassion in this case, if I am not mistaken, would be for you to give her what she wants. "Wife,I don't want a divorce but if that is what you need then I will not stand in the way of your happiness."

Yes, it is counter-intuitive but a lot of DB is.

Me 35
Wife 34
Two daughters 8 years and 3 years
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
We met in'92 married in 2000
Divorce final
G
G
v1olin

Been a while...hope your doing well considering your circumstances.

Gr8day can fill you in, but he recently had the chat with her about the divorce.

Glimmerman
V
V
Yes, I have been reading. I will check again.

Me 35
Wife 34
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
Divorce final
V
V
Ok, I see that Gr8 has already told her essentialy the same thing I advised. It has only been a little over a week since then though and I would say that it has already caused a slight change in his wife.

Me 35
Wife 34
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
Divorce final
G
OP Offline
G
GM
Quote:
How do YOU feel about the credibility of this mutual friend? She has told you about a "possible" OM and she has told you that your W called her crying. These stories are both possible, but is this mutual friend a drama queen?

She is a viable source and a good friend to me. She as seen all the changes I have made too and even pointed them out to W.
She has been wanting us to work things out. She too was almost a WAW but decided to work on M. After her H(my good friend) saw what my W did he woke up and things have gotten better for them.

I haven't broken my marital vows.....yet. That's why I wanted to meet w/ W.

I asked her is she wanted a divorce she said yes, I asked her if she thinks this is the best thing to do, again she said yes.

I agreed, saying if this is what you want, then I am OK with it.

Since the meeting I haven't thought about my M one bit.
I have accepted that things don't always work out.

Quote:
It has only been a little over a week since then though and I would say that it has already caused a slight change in his wife.

Knowing my W she is not one to make an important decision w/o weighing the pros and cons.
I FEEL she has done this and wants what she said.

During meeting she also she that "if we were to get back together we wouldn't last. We would revert back to our old ways. We bring out the worst of each other."

She also mention her work schedule, She works second shift and doesn't feel we could make it work because of our schedules.

Am I missing soemthing here?

I just spoke to mutual friend and W hasn't contacted her again about the meeting.

Bomb 8/09. Brief piecing 12/10. D-2/12
Two incredible kids D9,S6 Leading new life!
“Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."
G
OP Offline
G
Quote:
Ok, I see that Gr8 has already told her essentialy the same thing I advised. It has only been a little over a week since then though and I would say that it has already caused a slight change in his wife.

v1olin,

Could be but nothing came of it this week. W never got in touch W mutual friend.

I really feel my W has checked out of the M. NO desire what so ever to work on it.

If you see something else please enlighten me.

Thanks, Gr8

G
OP Offline
G
Journaling.

It's been a week and a half since the meeting. Nothing from W.
She even knows I'm on the dating site and that hasn't shaken her one bit. Oh well, at least I'm meeting some really nice woman.
I have accepted the outcome.

Refelcting back on M, W and I didn't have too much in common along the lines of hobbies and interests. We did share common beliefs about parenting and what we wanted as a family.

I am meeting women now that have the same interests as me and I feel more comfortable seeing them and being myself.

I'm not jumping into a R right now, but it's nice to go out with someone and share common interests.

V
V
Originally Posted By: gr8 day 2B alive
Journaling.

It's been a week and a half since the meeting. Nothing from W.
She even knows I'm on the dating site and that hasn't shaken her one bit. Oh well, at least I'm meeting some really nice woman.
I have accepted the outcome.

Refelcting back on M, W and I didn't have too much in common along the lines of hobbies and interests. We did share common beliefs about parenting and what we wanted as a family.

I am meeting women now that have the same interests as me and I feel more comfortable seeing them and being myself.

I'm not jumping into a R right now, but it's nice to go out with someone and share common interests.

Yup, sure is!

M & H: 40
M: 5.5 T: 7.5
OW: 7/09 Bomb: 9/09
Sep: 3/10 H files 7/10

still m'd, unsure how to procede

Soapie:
1: http://tinyurl.com/vulcanized1
2: http://tinyurl.com/vulcanized2
3: http://tiny.com/vulcanized3
G
OP Offline
G
I'm not saying life is greener on the other side but when you have no choice and your're put in a certain situation, you need to make the best of that situation.

Still GAL and spending more q-time with attractive women. Continuing to learn more about myself each day.
Life's not so bad once you get through the darkness!

V
V
Totally agree with you. The alternative is to stay stuck, and that isn't healthy. Part of moving forward with your life is dating and interacting w/the opposite sex.

M & H: 40
M: 5.5 T: 7.5
OW: 7/09 Bomb: 9/09
Sep: 3/10 H files 7/10

still m'd, unsure how to procede

Soapie:
1: http://tinyurl.com/vulcanized1
2: http://tinyurl.com/vulcanized2
3: http://tiny.com/vulcanized3
Page 30 of 73 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 72 73

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard