Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 31 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 30 31
A
A
Hi GIMA.

You sound OK. Good. I think your gut feelings regarding your STBXMIL are well founded. Mine was supportive of me throughout the entire separation, up until the time that her daughter filed for divorce. Then she made a complete 'about face' and dropped me like a hot rock.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
C
C
Hi there,
Is nice to know that I am not alone! I can’t believe the things you said, I am in the same boat and it sucks. I wish my husband realized how much damage a divorce cost, it is not a good way to solve our conflicts, but we can’t force them, we are powerless.
I can relate to the anger, I don’t demonstrate but I am sad and angry that he is throwing our marriage like a disposable item. My husband talks to me like nothing happen, and it is all an empty conversation, because actions speak lauder than words, when he does not spend time with me.

I have to stop now, because you need encouraging and I can’t give that to me at all.

Carlota

M44,WAH54
DS11, DS15 mine
S26, D21, D15 his
married 2yrs
Bomb 12/09
Still in same house, he still waffling
Trying to not worry about him and focus on me
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Carlota
Hi there,
Is nice to know that I am not alone! I can’t believe the things you said, I am in the same boat and it sucks. I wish my husband realized how much damage a divorce cost, it is not a good way to solve our conflicts, but we can’t force them, we are powerless.
I can relate to the anger, I don’t demonstrate but I am sad and angry that he is throwing our marriage like a disposable item. My husband talks to me like nothing happen, and it is all an empty conversation, because actions speak lauder than words, when he does not spend time with me.

I have to stop now, because you need encouraging and I can’t give that to me at all.

Carlota

C,

I'm pretty good. But, it has taken a lot of work to get here. But, it's something about which I am very proud. And you will be too when you work through this mess. You can and you will.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
F
F
Sending you good real estate vibes GIMA! Starting a new life in a new home will open a lot of doors for you.

me: 42 | STBXH: 41 | T: 18 | M: 10 | separation: Jan 3, 2010 | they deserve better: S7 & D4
current thread: http://tinyurl.com/3y8sxcp
.: first breathe, then heal, then start LIVING :.
G
G
gima, I'm acouple of days behind and just startinjg to catvh up
Originally Posted By: givingitmyall
We have listed the house for sale two weeks ago. 14-15 showings (one today at noon is the 2nd visit by that family/person) but no offers.
Damn, gima, I've had about 25 showings since November! Good for you.

Last edited by Gardener; 05/17/10 06:02 AM.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Been AWOL lately. Lots going on. Sorry guys.

House is about to be under contract. It is bittersweet. Definitely fortunate it looks like it will sell (fingers still crossed) but it's the last hurdle before the D is finalized. Weird emotions. I don't want to be D'd, but I sure as he!! don't want her any more. At least not this incarnation of her.

I have narrowed down my new apartment/condo down to a few places. Gonna be different, but I can handle it.

STBXMIL left to go home today. Don't mind her, but I just can't get past the fact she gave STBXW $20k to retain her L and set about tearing apart our family. Thanks STBXMIL.

I am REALLY busy at work. This month is shaping up to be my best EVER.

I am putting out feelers for getting back into the dating scene and already have a few interested (and dare I say very cute and interesting) "lady friends." I am ready for a woman who deserves me and I her. No rush.

Kids' last day of school was today. I am taking S-10 fishing this weekend and cannot wait.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
G
G
gima,
Good to hear from you. And all good news!
Wow.
Way to go, buddy.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Gardener
gima,
Good to hear from you. And all good news!
Wow.
Way to go, buddy.

Despite my not posting, I have been reading along with your thread, Awoken's, Luvless'.

Thanks, but I'm not sure how much credit I can take. Think the Man upstairs is looking out for me.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
T
T
GIMA - where do your kids stand in all this? Have you guys told them what's going on? I didn't see any comments about that since you did the mediation.

Also, did your W have any suprises when it came to settling on child support/alimony? I remember that she didn't like her job and might have quit at some point - did you settle on support based upon her working and earning a living?

ME/XW:47
S21, D19, S15, S14
M:21 T:26
W moved 6/10 I filed 7/10 D final 4/12 remarried 8/12
W wants to R 12/10 and 4/11 but I decline
G
OP Offline
G
TDR,

Been absent a little while. Kids still don't know, but they will soon. As part of the D settlement, I agreed to go to one C session with a C to "learn how we will tell the kids." I have already told her how SHE will tell the kids with me present. And that WILL NOT change.

To answer your 2nd question, I think she was surprised at what she could reasonably expect. Immediately after mediation, I think she switched back to immersing herself in to do lists so she doesn't have to face the consequences.

More on that in a minute.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
Page 22 of 31 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 30 31

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard