Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 35 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 34 35
P
P
SP - chill - she looses it all.

Everyone remembers where they came from, we all remember the highs and the lows of our childhood. We remember the disappointments and who caused it.

Dont hate her or feel sorry for her. Feel nothing, she does not deserve your energy or head space.

Every single one of us - good and bad hate how divorce affects kids. We know they are the losers in all this. All we can do is love them and not add to there burden or pain. Hating their mother would indeed do that to them while they are kids.

A
A
Originally Posted By: pollyanna
Dont hate her or feel sorry for her. Feel nothing, she does not deserve your energy or head space.

I think that's the key. Gettin' there is the trick though!

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
antlers #1998219 05/07/10 07:24 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Big night last night at the school gym, where the K-1-2 Chorus regaled the assembled parental multitudes with song and kazoo. The Girl Herself was agitatedly excited, having been distributed one of the apparently highly coveted shiny red kazoos.

Unfortunately, the night was so big that I was compelled to sit next to STBX, rescued only at the last minute by a late-arriving grandparent of Janey or Jimmy or Juney or whoever, but Gallant To The End I nobly sacrificed my seat to the needs of an elder and went to the SRO zone under the basketball net - hopefully in time to have dodged Walkaway Cooties.

And it was a better spot to take pictures from, to boot!

B
B
Nice work, way to dodge those Cooties! And kudos on finding a good vantage point for photo ops....

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
J
J
Walkaway Cooties! Hahaha!
I always love reading your thread, sorry for the circumstances surrounding it though..

I have said to before to you. After the D, turn this into a book. Love the writing style, the Message Board format. I think it would sell.

I already envisioned the cover.... two smiley heads with people bodies- a bride and groom, strangling each other....

M38, H37
S3, S7
Together 15 yrs
Married 8 yrs
Bomb July 2008
Inhouse separation
"I hate you" "We are over" (too many times to count)
Reconciled Sept 2009 (still worth it)
P
P
Hmmmm maybe SP yours and all of ours problem is one of control.

Separation and divorce which is pushed on us, always means we have no control. We cant control what WAS does or is doing.

Cant stop them hurting those we love, cant stop them wrecking all these lives . Cant even say anything without it being confrontational. We have absolutely no control.

So maybe its about learning to live in this now dysfunctional unit with no control.

Learning to reduce hurt on kids and whoever else with OUR actions, and do not consider at all the WAS actions.

S
OP Offline
S
So, what am I a'gonna do about Mother's Day tomorrow?

Last year, I did the cooking for the "brunch" the kids "prepared" for their mother, though it had to wait on her return from the airport.

This year she didn't even bother with the pretense -- she bugged-out 2 days ago.

So it's Mother's Day for Mr. Mom....

G
G
It's a wonderful day to enjoy your kids. Mother's Day is for the mom in whatever size, shape or form manifested. And if she's not around, it's her loss and her consequence to bear.

Be the Dad. That's more than enough.

*hugs*

W
W
Originally Posted By: SmileysPerson
So, what am I a'gonna do about Mother's Day tomorrow?

Last year, I did the cooking for the "brunch" the kids "prepared" for their mother, though it had to wait on her return from the airport.

This year she didn't even bother with the pretense -- she bugged-out 2 days ago.

So it's Mother's Day for Mr. Mom....

Lucky you! I'm taking mine out to dinner with the kids...who she's not talking to at the moment. It's gonna be great! cry

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
G
G
pa,
Originally Posted By: pollyanna
We have absolutely no control.
Respectfully disagree. We have total control over how we react/don't react and care/don't care about what they do, think, say, etc.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

Page 16 of 35 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 34 35

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard