Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Coach
Didn't you share some tough news about your wife? How is she doing?

Thank you for asking. My wife had her surgery and she is recovering. She still will need chemo and that scares her more than the fact she developed cancer in the first place. But I have yet to see her depressed about it or the fact her husband's a moron and an idiot.

This is the worst, most miserable, god-awful thing I could ever imagine a woman having to go through. Then having to go through the surgery and the chemicals, It is not fair. I truely feel for any woman that has had to go through this, but as my wife reminds me, "This is just part of life, Steve, its not the end of the world. There are people that deserve our prayers alot more than me."

An amazing, incredibly strong, confident woman. If any good can come out of this it would be, Sister Mary Elephant (and I call her that humerously after a little dinner table incident with the kids) has taught me to stay positive, happy, and smile no matter what life dares throw at you.

Can we related that to what this board is about? "Uh-Huh."

I
I
Originally Posted By: Steve McQueen
Originally Posted By: Coach
Didn't you share some tough news about your wife? How is she doing?

Thank you for asking. My wife had her surgery and she is recovering. She still will need chemo and that scares her more than the fact she developed cancer in the first place. But I have yet to see her depressed about it or the fact her husband's a moron and an idiot.

This is the worst, most miserable, god-awful thing I could ever imagine a woman having to go through. Then having to go through the surgery and the chemicals, It is not fair. I truely feel for any woman that has had to go through this, but as my wife reminds me, "This is just part of life, Steve, its not the end of the world. There are people that deserve our prayers alot more than me."

An amazing, incredibly strong, confident woman. If any good can come out of this it would be, Sister Mary Elephant (and I call her that humerously after a little dinner table incident with the kids) has taught me to stay positive, happy, and smile no matter what life dares throw at you.

Steve-

I want to sincerely apologize for missing this information from you. It seems that I have been so caught up in my own problems that it's easy to forget that I don't really have it all that bad.

A friend that I went all through school with lost his W to breast cancer when she was only 29. You are so right that is was terrible to see her go through something like that. My friend has since remarried to a wonderful woman who is more that happy being a step mom to three pretty and smart girls. They are young ladies now. Their Dad shares stories about their Mom with them and assures them of how much she loved and cherished them. Talk about strength. To lose his wife before you are 30 and taking care of three little girls by him self is the definition of it.

Anyway, I admire how you and your wife, together, are getting through this. It's easy to forget how to laugh when we think our world is crashing down on us. It's important to remember that life is a gift, not to be wasted. You have reminded me of that several times. Thank you. I pray that your wife has a complete and full recovery and that she tolerates the treatments well with as little pain and discomfort as possible.

Now, did your wisdom rub off on her or was it the other way around? wink

Me-43
W-36
TS-10
D-7
S-4
M-11
Rings off-8/16/2010

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1933641#Post1933641
C
C
Quote:
If any good can come out of this it would be, Sister Mary Elephant (and I call her that humerously after a little dinner table incident with the kids) has taught me to stay positive, happy, and smile no matter what life dares throw at you.

Amen.

Let me guess why you call her Sr MaryElephant. Kids are messing around the table, she keeps rambling on to get them to quiet down, they keep on fartin around and she erupts with, "SHUTUP!" ?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
D
D
Thanks for sharing Steve. God be with you and your wife in these troubled times. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard