Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
That's what I have to find out. I go for an information session on Wednesday to learn more, but they pay for everything including books etc. up to $5,000 per year. I may not ever get this kind of opportunity again so I want to take advantage of it.

D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Holy crap! My wife and SIL got into a major blowup yesterday to the point that SIL is threatening to kill her. I ended up going and staying at my wife's house for the night so she wasn't alone. We had a good time together.

She's going to the police today to see about getting a restraining order against her sister. What a mess!

Funny how I'm the one she runs to.

C
C
Funny how when you detach from the MLC storm that it hits someone else who is in its path.

Me-70, D37,S36
S
S
Keep flying under the radar D. You're doing great!

D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: OldPilot
Funny how when you detach from the MLC storm that it hits someone else who is in its path.

To be very fair to my wife, OP, this is more about her older sister's issues. My wife grew up in fear of her sister. When they were growing up SIL chased my wife around the house with an unloaded shotgun telling her she was going to kill her (wife didn't know the gun was unloaded). On another occasion SIL stabbed my wife with a pencil and deliberately broke it off and told my wife that she was going to die of lead poisoning. My wife still has that piece of lead stuck in her shoulder to this day.

I guess it's fairly obvious that SIL is one of my wife's childhood issues.

C
C
Originally Posted By: D Money
I guess it's fairly obvious that SIL is one of my wife's childhood issues.
I thought your wife lived with SIL? Sorry I don't remember.

Me-70, D37,S36
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
No my wife lives by herself. You mean you can't keep every single detail of every thread you read straight? smile

T
T
It sounds like SIL has major issues!

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
It seems as though my wife's world is starting to crash down around her. She was told by her boss today that she is the most expendable person there and she's as good as gone. She called to tell me that and was crying and then telling me how she's behind on all of her bills and she'a afraid of being evicted because she's 2 months behind on rent.

It was a struggle for me to listen and not offer any solutions, but I didn't. She has to be the one to figure out how to fix it.

J
J
Quote:

You mean you can't keep every single detail of every thread you read straight?

LOL Nice one D.

So how are YOU doing with what your wife told you? Finding it hard not riding in like a white knight to fix everything?

I think you're doing the right thing by not offering solutions.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard