Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I only asked her because she doesn't really project towards me anymore. I've noticed the majority of her anger lately has been directed toward her job. You know she says she's not unhappy but it's obviously noticeable to other people as well. Apparently one of her friends challenged her to be super nice and positive for a month and there's a number of people that are betting that she can't.

K
K
I'm glad she's not projectng onto you any more-it sure stinks when they do! You're doing great D!

M44 H46 T21 Married 16y
D14 D12
Bomb 12/08(EA), (PA/Separation)1/09 to 5/09
Home/MC 5/09 to 12/09
Leaves 12/09 Files for Divorce
Divorce final 6/30/10.

job Offline
You are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I have a question if what's happening is normal (well as normal as something can be in MLC). I know everyone is different but I look at other situations and see the spouse at some point wavers. My wife isn't like that at all. She is so steadfast and adamant that she's never coming back and we're never getting back together. Sometimes it gets discouraging for me.

job Offline
D,
Some are more adament then others. It depends upon the individual, childhood and crisis. You have one that is a little bit more stubborn and needs to keep reminding herself and others that she's not coming back. It's their mantra.

It is discouraging, but you need to let her comments roll off your back like water does a duck's back! Continue doing what you are and let her comments roll!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Snodderly I had to chuckle when you said that she seems to be a little stubborn. My wife's description of herself is stubborn and mule-headed, so it makes sense.

Your response helps to ease my mind and not worry about that. It's good to know that it's "normal" and to not take it personally.

T
T
I do think some keep saying it to remind themselves . . .

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Nothing new really going on right now. I have noticed a pattern with my wife. We went about 3 weeks of talking on a regular basis. I have now noticed that my wife has pulled back over the past couple weeks and she has increased her dating sites to 3 (but no dates) and her going out has increased. It will be interesting to see if this pattern keeps up.

D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Still nothing on the job front. I have decided to go in a different direction and go back to school for a different career. The state of Michigan will pay for 2 years of education for anyone that's on unemployment. It's an opportunity I feel I should take advantage of and do something that I will enjoy.

T
T
Wow - that sounds like a great opportunity you shouldn't pass up! Would they pay for you to continue school even if you were to find a new job down the line, or would that stop once you were off unemployment?

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard